Home
Posted By: SockPuppet New to Me F-150 - 03/27/21
Well, I took the first step to selling the F350 yesterday. I've been considering it for a while, as my body just doesn't agree with the ride when hunting anymore. The wife's been wanting something with an auto for when she needs to haul the horses. Plus, I'm starting to downsize the 'stuff'. I'm not optimistic about the economy in the coming year so I chose not to take out a loan and just paid cash.

It took a while with the craziness in the market, but I found a 2011 F-150 SuperCrew long bed, Ecoboost with 3.73 gears and rear locker, Lariat with a shell. One owner with all service records and 103K miles. I got a good enough deal that I can deal with the timing chain stuff if/when it becomes an issue. I'm pretty savvy on the mechanical and this truck checks out. Nice truck that runs and rides very well. I've had a couple with the 5.0 but this is my first EB; though I know a lot of folks who run them. I'm open to tips/tricks/recommendations. I'll be changing all the fluids in the coming weeks as well as getting my other truck sold.

My 2007 Powerstroke has been a good truck and it will be hard to sell, but it was time for something different.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Posted By: walt501 Re: New to Me F-150 - 03/27/21
Clean looking truck. Nice!
Posted By: Rob96 Re: New to Me F-150 - 03/28/21
I have a 2011 F150 SuperCrew short bed with the 5.0. Love it. At just over 109k on it. Long bed is a bit of a misnomer as it is 6'6" vs the 5'6". I think they would have been perfect with a 7'.
Posted By: Higginez Re: New to Me F-150 - 03/28/21
That thing is super clean!

Something about that truck screams "Dinner at 4:30 and in bed by 7:00."

smile
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: New to Me F-150 - 03/29/21
Originally Posted by Higginez

smile

Hellz yeah, it even has the high-rise topper, baby! It will slowly transition from the 'old-guy' look with a few function-minded mods that are TBD.

Long bed is a bit of a misnomer as it is 6'6" vs the 5'6"

I meant long bed for the supercrew. I had a couple of the stubby beds and never again. My Super Duty has a similar length and it's been good for my use.
Posted By: Windfall Re: New to Me F-150 - 03/29/21
I've liked everything about my long bedded Super Crew except the turning radius. It has to be right up there with the city buses. Best measure your garage length before you buy one too.

Also if that black screen on your dash is the Nav package. Stand by for a ram if you ever need to fix that Ford Sync System. They have upgraded that system at least four times that I know of and I'm not sure they have it right yet. Nice when it works, but the onboard computer that controls that thing controls near everything else too.
Originally Posted by Windfall

Also if that black screen on your dash is the Nav package. Stand by for a ram if you ever need to fix that Ford Sync System. They have upgraded that system at least four times that I know of and I'm not sure they have it right yet. Nice when it works, but the onboard computer that controls that thing controls near everything else too.

Yep, I know a little about them and it's certainly not my first choice. This one is working well so far.
The Goodyears that were on the truck were waaaay past their prime, so she got some new 275/70R18 shoes:

Posted By: chlinstructor Re: New to Me F-150 - 03/29/21
You’ll like the EcoBoost engine. Nice looking truck!
Posted By: pal Re: New to Me F-150 - 03/29/21
Very good looking truck. Nice find.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: New to Me F-150 - 03/30/21
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
The Goodyears that were on the truck were waaaay past their prime, so she got some new 275/70R18 shoes:

Look at her now sporting new boots. She’s ready for the slow lane. Honk-flash brights, more over slow poker. 😜

Nice looking ride Sock!

🦫
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: New to Me F-150 - 03/30/21
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

Look at her now sporting new boots. She’s ready for the slow lane. Honk-flash brights, more over slow poker. 😜

Nice looking ride Sock!

🦫

Straight to bingo, no turn signals, pretend to stop at the signs. Think I'm getting this down.
Posted By: Rob96 Re: New to Me F-150 - 03/30/21
Originally Posted by Higginez

smile

Every day life for me....LOL
Posted By: Gibby Re: New to Me F-150 - 03/30/21
Nice looking truck. I like the cap too.

Every time I go to Home Depot for some 4x8 stuff, the loading guys , says , now that's a real truck. Single cab, 8' bed. Rare now day's. The SUV takes care of the crowd well.
Posted By: garddogg56 Re: New to Me F-150 - 03/31/21
Thats purdy
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: New to Me F-150 - 03/31/21
Ya don't have to wash those dirt-colored trucks as much.....
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: New to Me F-150 - 03/31/21
looks good to me
© 24hourcampfire