Home
What have you guys found to hold up for protecting the paint and clearcoat on a 10-15yr old factory paint job? I'm not talking about a nice vehicle that you'd wax every 3-4 months, but more of a work/hunt rig that gets pressure washed once a month or so and gets a real "clean up" maybe once or twice a year. What's something simple to apply that's going to keep it from chalking up too badly on the exterior as the years go by? I'm not interested in doing the whole 5-step clay bar and polish routine on something that drives through the bushes a lot and isn't a daily driver.
The cheapest ceramic cleaner/wax is what I picked up at the farm store. Really beads up the water and hopefully the mud doesn’t stick as bad when it gets pressure washed once a month at most.
I don’t remember the brand but it says cleaner and wax so maybe it takes off some oxidation. It makes a 20 year old tundra still shine.
Nu Finish works extremely well.

We use it on our company vehicles, which meets the criteria you outlined above.
I was considering Nu Finish, as it's been around a while. Appreciate the insight.
CMX from Autoparts stores
Originally Posted by JPro
I was considering Nu Finish, as it's been around a while. Appreciate the insight.

It works well enough that I use it on my new Tahoe and a daily driver.
Spray the whole truck with bedliner.
Nu Finish is what I have always used. Apply once a year.
Sorry to bump an old thread but I was getting ready to post the same thing.

The sagebrush is murdering my 2005 Xterra. I have been using the Maguires products but I am intrigued by the hardness offered by ceramics.

Anyone use the newer stuff like the Chemical Guys hyper ceramic wax, NexGen, The Last Coat? Most claim a hardness close to 9h which should take care of the sagebrush.
Nu Finish works good on my old jeep.
Nu finish is good for any paint I think, really shines them up. My wrangler still shines from the coat I put on last spring, this post reminds me I should do it again.
Collonite insulator wax. Best i have ever used.
Magellan’s synthetic has served me well for last 10 years and I play in mud often. Wax twice a year
Collinite 845 or 476 Fleet wax 476 apply thin
I have a 2007 Toyota.... Toyota didn't put clearcoat on those trucks... I use Nu Finnish twice a year and it works supper.
© 24hourcampfire