Home
Posted By: RIO7 New Quail hunting truck - 11/03/21
We have been running old 1980s Chevy's, we cut up and put dog box's on for the last 20 years, they are used up and we can't find parts to repair them any more, built 3 new trucks all the same, Ford f-250s,blue one, green one, and a dark blue one, we are ready to Quail hunt in style this year.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Old trucks, and new truck we have only used the new trucks on 1 weekend hunt so far but they are working great. Rio7
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: New Quail hunting truck - 11/03/21
Pimpin'!
Posted By: 30338 Re: New Quail hunting truck - 11/03/21
That is something.
Posted By: Higginez Re: New Quail hunting truck - 11/04/21
Needs a piece of carpet on the hood for your lead quail dog!
Originally Posted by RIO7

Rio7

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 The Perfect Ranch ATV !!!
Posted By: willhunt4 Re: New Quail hunting truck - 11/04/21
That’s a real nice upgrade
Posted By: cwh2 Re: New Quail hunting truck - 11/04/21
Originally Posted by 30338
That is something.

This
Posted By: pointer Re: New Quail hunting truck - 11/04/21
Very cool!! A hunt like that, but with my own dog, is a bucket list item for me.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: New Quail hunting truck - 11/04/21
I remember that old truck!!! New one looks good, Blue!
Posted By: MadMooner Re: New Quail hunting truck - 11/05/21
We’ll, ain’t that something….

😂
Posted By: ElmerKeith Re: New Quail hunting truck - 11/05/21
And now fasten seatbelts before you watch the hunting truck German/Westphalian style:

[Linked Image from wochenblatt.com]

The first trailer behind the tractor is carrying the quary, in this case European hare.
Posted By: ttpoz Re: New Quail hunting truck - 11/05/21
As an old bodyman I'm impressed, Rio. Very cool!
Posted By: RIO7 Re: New Quail hunting truck - 11/05/21

Kaywoodie, That old Yellow Chevy, better known as the Mexican Hummer, served me well, for 21 years. but it gave up, frame broke in half behind the drivers seat, it was time for a new Quail truck.

ttpoz, Glad you approve. Thanks

Rio7
Posted By: RIO7 Re: New Quail hunting truck - 11/05/21

Elmer Keith, That must of been one Hell of Rabbit hunt. Rio7
Posted By: ElmerKeith Re: New Quail hunting truck - 11/08/21

Elmer Keith, That must of been one Hell of Rabbit hunt. Rio7

I wasn't there. Unfortunately. This pic is from a farmers magazine but where I use to hunt they use similar wagons with the quary hanging outside the wagon. Twenty years ago there were hunting areas with more than a hundred creatures (pheasant, ducks, European hare). The small rabbits are mostly gone due to myxomatosis and even more worse, RHD.

Now and then during such a driven hunt roe deer was bagged unintentally but not with lead but with one of the dogs like German wire hair or short hair.
Wow. Those are something else. Someday I'll do a proper quail hunt.
Posted By: chesterwy Re: New Quail hunting truck - 11/14/21
Incredible. Had no idea quail hunting was that popular of an endeavor to necessitate something like that. That Ford looks sharp.
Posted By: mike7mm08 Re: New Quail hunting truck - 11/14/21
Sweet rig. But I gotta think those little birds are laughing their asses off at all the money spent to to kill them. Like to see what the cost per pound a quail breaks down to when factoring in the gear. Gotta be one of the most expensive critters to put on the table by hunting.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: New Quail hunting truck - 11/14/21

mike7mm08, Yeh, Quail hunting is expensive, it's a gentleman's sport, some thing you wouldn't understand, Bless Your Heart. Rio7
Posted By: Higginez Re: New Quail hunting truck - 11/14/21

mike7mm08, Yeh, Quail hunting is expensive, it's a gentleman's sport, some thing you wouldn't understand, Bless Your Heart. Rio7

^^^ Very gentlemanly!
Posted By: mike7mm08 Re: New Quail hunting truck - 11/15/21

I have found in the "gentlemen sports" there is a very fine line between true gentlemen and condescending asssholes with a [bleep] of money. Seems like most "gentleman" cross that line. You probably didn't see it when you drove over it with your new rig.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: New Quail hunting truck - 11/16/21

It's your LINE ASSSHOLE. Rio7
Posted By: RyanTX Re: New Quail hunting truck - 11/16/21
Rio7 - did y'all do the fabrication work yourselves on the new ones? Very clean (from the pics) and nice work. Could probably start selling those things....
Posted By: RIO7 Re: New Quail hunting truck - 11/16/21

Ryan Tex, We designed and built our old trucks, all steel, the new trucks we designed for our use, are much more modern and more detailed, we had them built, locally. Rio7
Posted By: Lslite Re: New Quail hunting truck - 11/17/21
Ya'll a private ranch or do you offer any quail hunt packages ?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]Rio7

Wow. Looks great! Can I come? (grins)
Posted By: hanco Re: New Quail hunting truck - 12/09/21
Very nice, better than all the walking I did for 25 years, but we hunted north and central Texas, mostly Coleman county, hillsides and such.
Posted By: Dobegrant Re: New Quail hunting truck - 01/01/22
Some serious trucks
Posted By: rem141r Re: New Quail hunting truck - 01/01/22
don't tell cheney
Originally Posted by willhunt4
That’s a real nice upgrade

Clearly you took good care of those chopped up suburbans...
But I like your new direction...
Can’t find parts for square body????? You ain’t lookin
Posted By: RIO7 Re: New Quail hunting truck - 02/07/22

rainierrifleco, Parts for our old trucks where very hard to find, and the frames had been rebuilt and repaired over and over,keep in mind these are off road trucks and get used very hard, in all weather conditions, these trucks are over 25-30 years old, that's a lot of off road use. it's not your dime it's ours when you start paying for our trucks you will have a say in what we build. Bless your heart. Rio7
Posted By: 1minute Re: New Quail hunting truck - 02/07/22
I thought style was mule drawn wagons/carriages in Georgia. Does look like a neat project though.

How are your bird numbers doing?
Posted By: RIO7 Re: New Quail hunting truck - 02/08/22

1 minute, We do Quail hunting a little different than the Georgia guys, we use gun trucks that carry 3 hunters, 10 dogs a dog handler, driver/helper, we also use 2 out riders on horses with each truck, our Quail # are high this year our hunters are averaging 62 birds per day or about 20 birds per truck per day, a lot depends on how well out hunters can shoot, and walk, we are hunting all wild birds, no pen raised birds, most Georgia Quail are pen raised birds, it takes the Georgia, guys a couple of days to catch up with our wild bird as they much faster than pen raised. Here's some pic's i took yesterday. Rio7

Out riders

changing dogs

End of a long day.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: New Quail hunting truck - 02/08/22

Couple more pic's. Rio7

gun truck

out rider
Posted By: Whiptail Re: New Quail hunting truck - 02/16/22

, no pen raised birds,

That's a feat in today's world! What are your secrets for keeping the populations up? Everywhere I've seen they have crashed.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: New Quail hunting truck - 02/23/22

Whiptail, No secret, food, water, cover, and don't graze the crap out of everything. Rio7
Posted By: Godogs57 Re: New Quail hunting truck - 02/23/22
Got em by the hundreds down here. Chevy mostly.
© 24hourcampfire