Home
New pads and rotors all the way around for my wife’s 2018 gmc 1500, and my 2012 Power Wagon and new lug nuts for her truck (factory have the aluminum skin) was $1,200. Mid range pads for the PW, and ceramic pads for the gmc. Holy shît
And most of us are getting poorer by the day.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
New pads and rotors all the way around for my wife’s 2018 gmc 1500, and my 2012 Power Wagon and new lug nuts for her truck (factory have the aluminum skin) was $1,200. Mid range pads for the PW, and ceramic pads for the gmc. Holy shît

Be thankful you don’t own a Mercedes C63 AMG. Did front brakes on one a few weeks ago to the tune of about $3k. Front only, steel rotors, not carbon. Rotors were $1200.00 apiece………
My son was quoted $1,600 to replace the alternator on his BMW. $260 at Napa and three bolts later……..
Looks like we are getting used to it, sucks!
Originally Posted by Dutch
My son was quoted $1,600 to replace the alternator on his BMW. $260 at Napa and three bolts later……..

This was parts. Split between Napa and oreilly.

Btw, had to beat the hell out the rotors to bust them loose off the dodge. The gmc rotors up front had a set screw holding them on. Learn something everyday lol
Originally Posted by badger

Be thankful you don’t own a Mercedes C63 AMG. Did front brakes on one a few weeks ago to the tune of about $3k. Front only, steel rotors, not carbon. Rotors were $1200.00 apiece………

Ouch
Glad you got the lug nuts replaced before a flat tire in BFE.

Ouch

Yep, my wholesalers were no help either. They buy the rotors from the dealer too.
Originally Posted by ironbender
Glad you got the lug nuts replaced before a flat tire in BFE.

Was your pictures that gave me the idea. This is the only vehicle on my place with those stupid lugs. Peace of mind replacing them. Thanks for posting that up awhile back!
Yessir!
👍

They must have been made of forged unobtanium grin
I have 295/65/20 Ridge Grapplers on my F250 and they need to be replaced soon. 3 years ago I bought the set for $1,200 and now they are just shy of $2,000. It’s sad what is happening!
It really is!
Bought eight lugnuts .. There were only $15 dollars less than the pair of brand new hubs that I bought them for..
Originally Posted by Motown
I have 295/65/20 Ridge Grapplers on my F250 and they need to be replaced soon. 3 years ago I bought the set for $1,200 and now they are just shy of $2,000. It’s sad what is happening!
We have to suck it up, it's for the LIBERAL NEW WORLD ORDER. Slow Joe has got to go!
last summer, I had to replace all three driveshafts on my '88 4Runner. That was expensive.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
last summer, I had to replace all three driveshafts on my '88 4Runner. That was expensive.

Luckily at work we build most drive line components. Gotta pay for just parts. Saves some.

Had to have a new pto driveshaft for the tractor since it busted in half. Went from a 1" shaft to a 2" cost about $100. Had my front driveshaft rebuilt (usually I do it myself) but cost me around $17.

Ouch

Had a renter that was a fully certified Mercedes tech. Always told me that Mercedes parts were way overpriced.
20 years ago I went to a Chevy dealership for brake pads for an S10. A freaking S10. They wanted $210.00. I bailed and went to Vato Zone. At the time OE pads from a dealer for my F250 we're around $55.
20 years ago I went to a Chevy dealership for brake pads for an S10. A freaking S10. They wanted $210.00. I bailed and went to Vato Zone. At the time OE pads from a dealer for my F250 we're around $55.
Originally Posted by smarquez

LONG time ago the GF needed brakes done on her VW Jetta - dealer quoted 1300. I went to Auto Zone and did the job in the driveway for 335.

She also had an issue with it hunting RPMs at idle. I called dealer - said I was a different shop, had one in and wanted to know what to look for - you know, service writer to service writer. Guy says "Pull the air box lid off, you'll usually find a dirt ring in the tube to the intake. Clean with mineral spirits and run a bottle of injector cleaner in the tank. We charge 900 for it". I did so, injector cleaner was what,7 bucks and the cleaning took 15 minutes. So that shop was looking at 850 in profit on it. Same dealer as the brakes - I'll never shop there for anything.
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by smarquez

LONG time ago the GF needed brakes done on her VW Jetta - dealer quoted 1300. I went to Auto Zone and did the job in the driveway for 335.

She also had an issue with it hunting RPMs at idle. I called dealer - said I was a different shop, had one in and wanted to know what to look for - you know, service writer to service writer. Guy says "Pull the air box lid off, you'll usually find a dirt ring in the tube to the intake. Clean with mineral spirits and run a bottle of injector cleaner in the tank. We charge 900 for it". I did so, injector cleaner was what,7 bucks and the cleaning took 15 minutes. So that shop was looking at 850 in profit on it. Same dealer as the brakes - I'll never shop there for anything.

Sweet Jesus!! I try to avoid dealers like the plague. They will not touch my truck unless it is warranty work or a recall.
Alternator started whining and dashboard lit up a few days ago. $650+tax to have the alternator replaced in my wife's 2012 Honda Odyssey. I would have replaced it myself but I've been under the weather for the past week.
© 24hourcampfire