Home
Posted By: Reba Jasper Engines? - 07/29/22
Anyone running a remanufactured Jasper engine?
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Jasper Engines? - 07/29/22
I've installed many at my last job in AK for the fleet. Hit and miss what you get
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Jasper Engines? - 07/30/22
Have a Jasper 6.4 diesel in the ranch truck. It has rear main leak and the boss decided to not go thru pulling the cab and engine again to fix it. I just add 2 qt every week. Other than that, it's been better than the factory pos that blew at 80000........
Posted By: nalabama Re: Jasper Engines? - 11/29/22
Buddy had to replace the non-turbo diesel in his 1996 3/4 ton dog training truck with custom aluminum 8-bay dog box, water, batteries to run fans, refrigerator, microwave, etc. Went all over the country to dog trials with it for eight years until he had to retire for health reasons. It was still running great when he sold it. The Jasper engine never gave him any problems.
Posted By: flagstaff Re: Jasper Engines? - 11/29/22
Bought a Buick La Sabre that had one just put in as part of me buying the Buick for my daughter who was just learning how to drive

Ran great, but after about 3-4 years, the freeze plugs started leaking. They didn’t install brass freeze plugs, and I woulda had to pull the engine to get to all the freeze plugs. I sent the Buick down the road.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Jasper Engines? - 12/02/22
I have heard nothing positive about them.
Posted By: MadDog4298 Re: Jasper Engines? - 12/02/22
They must be doing something right to be in business all them years. The ones we used to get was all 350 Chevrolets and we never had any trouble with them. My brother used to work at a parts store and seemed like once a week someone would order a crate motor in. I haven’t looked them up lately but they used to have a guarantee on them.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Jasper Engines? - 12/02/22
Powertrain Products is the way to go.
Posted By: butchlambert1 Re: Jasper Engines? - 12/19/22
We've installed many over the years with no troubles.
Posted By: Torqued Re: Jasper Engines? - 12/24/22
If it's going in a gm vehicle, drop a few extra bucks and get a gm crate engine. Thank me later!
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Jasper Engines? - 01/17/23
Originally Posted by Reba
Anyone running a remanufactured Jasper engine?

have one in my old '88 4Runner. It's got over 250K on it now
Posted By: Rangersedge Re: Jasper Engines? - 01/29/23
Long ago, i had a bad engine in a used 4 runner. Choice between Jasper or Marshall engines. Auto place recommended the Marshall over the Jasper. Had Marshall engine installed by a certified mechanic (warranty requirement). Complete junk. Marshall engine warranty wasn't worth the paper it was copied on. I actually registered and created a Marshall engine website with a page telling my frustrations. After two years of ongoing frustration and no help, I sold the 4 runner to a guy, gave him all my paperwork, and told him to go get them if he can. Don't know whst happened.
Posted By: kappa8 Re: Jasper Engines? - 02/15/23
My hunting buddy owned an auto repair business almost 40years. Replaced alot of engines using Jaspers. He says they're the best out there, better than crate motors. Never known Jim to overstate anything.
© 24hourcampfire