Home
It's anybody's business how they spend their money, but holy cow, I parked next to one of these yesterday and it said "SHELBY" in ELEVEN places, just on the exterior.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sad thing was, it would have been a cool truck with the 700hp Coyote and the lift, if it had just not been kitted out with all the garish doo-dads, scoops, stripes, and tacked-on logos. Funny how the Shelby shown below didn't need all that junk to be noticed as something special.

Carroll started whoring out his name a long time ago.
Remember the Dodge Omni?? Or the Mustang II?
The "GLH"?? Lol. Yeah, I remember. I just don't see why anybody these days would want the name a dozen times on their pickup.....
Dang it, I missed counting the wheels and the center caps. Nineteen logos on the exterior.
I worked for a guy who was consumed with his “brand” one top of the line item we made had his logo on it 13 times. This item was slightly bigger than a breadbox.
"Branding" can really be something at times. Like seeing the guy's "Corvette" front license plate, with a "Corvette"-embossed plate frame, right under the "Corvette" logo on the actual car. Pretty sure most of us could identify the model of the vehicle from 600 yards anyway.
Because they're interested in the steak and are willing to put up with the sizzle.
Originally Posted by JPro
The "GLH"?? Lol. Yeah, I remember. I just don't see why anybody these days would want the name a dozen times on their pickup.....

That way you know what the fu ck it is when you have to pull them out of the snow drift in the winter time. Not for me. I'll take my old Tundra any day of the week and twice on sunday, while they are working on their POS mine keeps on a going..
They are cool trucks, but dang if I want all of the horseshit associated with them.
"Branding" can really be something at times. .

I have my livestock brand on my truck....
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Helluva light bar on that rig Don. Need to find some for mine.
It's anybody's business how they spend their money, but holy cow, I parked next to one of these yesterday and it said "SHELBY" in ELEVEN places, just on the exterior.

Sad thing was, it would have been a cool truck with the 700hp Coyote and the lift, if it had just not been kitted out with all the garish doo-dads, scoops, stripes, and tacked-on logos. Funny how the Shelby shown below didn't need all that junk to be noticed as something special.

The truck doesn't do anything for me, but the roadster looks awfully familiar...

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by huntsman22
"Branding" can really be something at times. .

I have my livestock brand on my truck....

That’s cool. If you had 17 more on there, it might be a little over the top.
Americans,
Spending money they don't have,
on things they don't need,
to impress people they don't like. (Or know)

150%of what those badges, and every other option badge is about.
Is that a Shelby?
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Americans,

More than doubtful...
Not just the car makers. Have you ever looked at a new car on a lot and saw the dealers sticker on the back? Has a dealer ever offered to pay you to have his advertising on your brand new truck?
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Not just the car makers. Have you ever looked at a new car on a lot and saw the dealers sticker on the back? Has a dealer ever offered to pay you to have his advertising on your brand new truck?

That's exactly right. First things I peel off my vehicles.

I have thought the same thing…I have the dealer remove their decals before I pick up a vehicle.
Answer, small penis
Answer: for the same reason people get tattoos: LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME………..
It's for the same reason that the Nike logo is on every piece of Chinese made crap clothing and shoes you can find. It's just bling and it impresses the type of people who hock their food stamps to buy sneakers.
In nov 2020 a kid showed at hunting camp with a white Shelby Raptor that his dad had bought him for his birthday.
I normally remove most of the badging.
I think they do it to get Chads to post about it online.

The appearance or number of automobile badges is the least of my concerns.
My 70 year old brother in law, normally a sensible man, does like his acceleration, and maybe some senior, 'this is my last shot at fun'...bought a new Ford Raptor a few years back. Then the sale of his crusher and ready mix plant fell through and he had to go back to work...using the Raptor as an every day work truck. Sweet Jeebus what a train wreck. The sonofabitch just fell apart, rear diff cratered at 4,000 mi, body parts started falling off, the door latch and hinges were wore out, hardly anything on the dash worked, including AC and heat controls. Power windows gave up several times, Ford said "excessive dust". The tailgate collapsed with a barrel of hydraulic oil on it, only 420 pounds? Toy type trucks are not built for work..or at least Raptors aren't.

tell 'em to bring it to Utah

I know some rocks that can change the appearance fast
In October of 16 I bought a new f-150 white with black bumpers XL model plainest one made. Had the important options to me, mechanical ones. It was the only f-150 on the lot with steel wheels. Ford sells alot of trucks to yuppy aszholes to drive as a car. That's kinda why real truck buyers look else where. They way things are....mb
All hat. No cattle.
My favorite are the Harley Davidson branded ones.

That way you can spot the douche bag when he isn’t riding his bike!
Originally Posted by Higginez
My favorite are the Harley Davidson branded ones.

That way you can spot the douche bag when he isn’t riding his bike!

Damn Hig, whatcha gotta bring HD into this for…. Sheesh laugh
If someone can afford it more power to them. It's their money.
Its nothin a guy cant fix with a heat gun. Bought a new silverado trailboss in 21 and it was short work to get those cheap ass stickers off, followed by the tailgate badging.
Originally Posted by ElAhrairah
Its nothin a guy cant fix with a heat gun. Bought a new silverado trailboss in 21 and it was short work to get those cheap ass stickers off, followed by the tailgate badging.

Maybe the people that pay that money want everyone to notice them.

People buy trucks like these because they can.
Now what do those cars remind me of????

[Linked Image from eatingthewild.com]
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
In October of 16 I bought a new f-150 white with black bumpers XL model plainest one made. Had the important options to me, mechanical ones. It was the only f-150 on the lot with steel wheels. Ford sells alot of trucks to yuppy aszholes to drive as a car. That's kinda why real truck buyers look else where. They way things are....mb

THIS.

I dunno, a plain-jane purposeful truck just does it for me.
If I could afford it, the taxes, the fuel bill, and the insurance I wouldn't give a crap what anyone thought about it. I know that much. I would still probably de-badge it a certain extent because I don't care for all the advertising and I prefer to make it mine in a way that others don't.
Damn right. Not everybody thinks blowing thru barbwire fences while chasing coyotes is a good way to' make it mine'.
For the record I've only ever blown through one fence and it was a hot wire, AND once we got 'im we went back and put all the insulators back in place. No barbed wire streaks down my truck. So there;)
amateur......grin

hot wires don't remove that pesky badging as well as the barbed kind do.
"Big truck.....small package" is the best analogy I've heard........djw
My pickup is and always has been a 2nd vehicle for me. I use it for pulling a boat (and whatever else needs pulled) and going hunting. I bought my current rig brand new. Now it's 11yrs old w/210K on it.

If I were in the market today I'd likely buy another F250, but, I'd get the 7.3L gas motor and the Tremor package then run it 10-15yrs and a whole bunch of miles. Not sure why anyone would give a damn what I paid or why I bought it when I buy it and use it a bunch as my wants/needs require.
Originally Posted by mauserfan
"Big truck.....small package"

That'd be me......

F150’s for the last 42 years, that’s what I drive.
Celebrities so they can be shot at! Denise Richards Road Rage Incident
Ever notice (hard not to) the prominent logos on "designer" clothing ? Under Armor et al, in many cases it takes up the entire front and back of the overpriced garments !!!!
The real question is, why does it seem like every douchebag with a big lift, offset wheels, and mud tires refuses to use mud flaps? Is it a law? I can spot a truck without mudflaps coming a mile away, well before they splatter my truck in slush and rocks. Even in the opposing lane, theyre covering you in that crap to where youre driving blind until you hit your wipers. Damn idiots, theres a special place in hell for fools like that. And on another note, 90% of them are dodges. I just dont understand the appeal of driving a tryck that makes you look like a douchebag, and is a hazard to every other vehicle on the road.
Other than his royalty money, wonder what Carroll Shelby would have really thought of that rig.

Back when I was heavy in the cattle business, a friend in TX helped manage Shelby's Pittsburg, TX cattle ranch. He also used it as a proving ground for vehicles. When I was there, his ranch hands had burned the clutch in a new Taco P/U. They were all excited, put it on a trailer to be hauled in for an "autopsy". If you want to screw up a new pickup, just turn it over to ranch hands and tell them it's bullet proof..... Toyota evidently was paying good money for Shelby to test their trucks.

He had a pair of vintage D-8 Cat dozers he had gotten from the Howard Hughes hanger after they moved the Spruce Goose. They had been in that hanger since new, just pulling the big Goose around. For such old tractors, they almost looked new. Shelby had one of them fitted with a blade which they used it to clear brush. Compared to current D-8's, they were surprisingly small. I'd have guessed D-6 size without seeing the D-8 decal. The blade was operated with cables and they were pony motor started. Real vintage stuff...

I went to a cattle sale in the Valley with him. He seemed uninterested in the sale itself, sat behind the bleachers while his manager did all the bidding. He seemed to be a nice enough guy, just not a cattleman...

He's gone to his reward. Lots of years have passed. Good memories.

DF
A good friend , 75, years old, was always a GM guy.
He is an old hotrodder , "improved" the performance of all his cars and trucks.
Got the diesel bug and owned 4 Duramax 2500 Z71's.
Now he sold his GMC and bought a Dodge Terex.
When asked why,, Because I want one.

That may be the reason for a lot of them.
I’m guessing cuz that’s what they want!!!!

Quit buying new years ago but, when I did, every salesman was told ZERO dealership name on outside unless you're gonna pay me $1000 for advertising. Told it to the finance manager too. Never had a dealer name appear on outside of vehicle, although one showered me with keychains and snow scrapers.
Originally Posted by ElAhrairah

First thing I did to my Tremor when I got it home. Removed all the Tremor badges.
I hate buying anything with advertising on it. You pay $20 to $25 for a cap and it says anything from Atlanta Braves to Bud Light. They never to pay you to wear their name. They charge you for it.
I have never understood why anyone gives a flying FFUUCCKK what truck one chooses to buy, or rifle, travel trailer or wife. Seems the Dem's want us all alike...
Don’t care for all those badges, but I’d like to have that truck
Originally Posted by beretzs

That's exactly right. First things I peel off my vehicles.

Bought the Land Cruiser and the dealer was taking it around to get detailed while we did paperwork, I told him that if it came back out with their trademark decal on the ass end he’d be finding me another one. That and the dealer license plate frame pisses me off.
I just paid more than my first house for a vehicle and you want me to advertise for you for free?
Originally Posted by Poconojack
Don’t care for all those badges, but I’d like to have that truck
Yup
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Damn right. Not everybody thinks blowing thru barbwire fences while chasing coyotes is a good way to' make it mine'.

LOL ! grin True dat !!
Originally Posted by TheKid
I worked for a guy who was consumed with his “brand” one top of the line item we made had his logo on it 13 times. This item was slightly bigger than a breadbox.
no differant than Harley -Davidson Bike riders ,who put every acessery and replacement parts on the bike that says Harley Davidson ,or have the H-D Eagle . i once counted 8 or more H-D or eagle on a bike and they are way smaller than a truck.its like nobody knows it is a Harley
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Americans,

Good point!

I found myself next to a RAM POWER WAGON while queued up at a traffic light yesterday. The POWER WAGON decal was oriented vertical, so you would have had a hard time to read the words if it was moving. Chrysler always seemed to put more effort into giving their vehicles names and unnecessary design features than most other manufacturers. I remember the Dodge Super Bee and Daytona from the muscle care era prior to the 1972 oil embargo.

The only truck that I own is an old Ford Explorer Sport-Trac and since the Explorer line has always been marketed as an SUV, I'm not sure if it is a truck, despite having a small cargo bed, or an SUV. Not that it matters, 'cause Ford stopped making them after the 2010 model year, another good idea that Ford did away with, only for it to rise again, sort of, as the MAVERICK.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
The only truck that I own is an old Ford Explorer Sport-Trac and since the Explorer line has always been marketed as an SUV, I'm not sure if it is a truck, despite having a small cargo bed, or an SUV. Not that it matters, 'cause Ford stopped making them after the 2010 model year, another good idea that Ford did away with, only for it to rise again, sort of, as the MAVERICK.

Ford learned from the Sport-trac, for sure, and is now selling Mavericks badged with the TREMOR line!!!!!! Oh, baby, yeah, that's going to impress the dudes at the garden center!

(disclaimer, I actually own a Maverick, but it's not a truck, for Pete's sake).
© 24hourcampfire