Home
Posted By: EZEARL fullsize Blazer help - 08/12/10
Picked up a nice '96 fullsize Blazer cheap. Only needs two things fixed to make it roadable. One is a leaking breakline which is no big deal. The other is a rusted/broken rear spring shackle. Anyone know where I can find a set w/hardware and bushings? No dice at the dealerships cause it's over 10yrs old(they could learn something from Leupold!!). And online searches only shows ones up to '94 models.
Posted By: r08ert209cali Re: fullsize Blazer help - 08/12/10
Junkyard. Look up Rancho Cordova junkyards here in Ca. almost all of them ship parts.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: fullsize Blazer help - 08/12/10
You should find the shackle at a junkyard, but I recommend new hardware and bushings. Those should be easily found at parts stores.
Posted By: levrluvr Re: fullsize Blazer help - 08/12/10
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/csd/full.aspx?Page=106
Posted By: tzone Re: fullsize Blazer help - 08/12/10
I'm a bit irratated with LMC. I got my floor boards I orderd from them and a big old "Made in Taiwan" sticker is on each one. mad
Posted By: levrluvr Re: fullsize Blazer help - 08/12/10
Originally Posted by tzone
I'm a bit irratated with LMC. I got my floor boards I orderd from them and a big old "Made in Taiwan" sticker is on each one. mad

aftermarket sold out to Asia more than a decade ago. I don't like it any more than the next guy, but if restoring an old vehicle is on your agenda, finding any NOS these days is a needle-in-the-haystack proposition. A Taiwan floorboard beats Fred Flintstone brakes every day. I got lucky and found an Arizona cab, or I would have had to go the same route.
Posted By: tzone Re: fullsize Blazer help - 08/13/10
Pretty much what northern dave said too. He just ordered them from there too.

I did on the other hand score a hell of a deal on some race track trim for it. I have all but the bottom tailgate peice. Got it for $80.

The guy on the phone told me it's good for a driver type rebuild. I shined it up and I'd put it on any show vehicle but a trailer queen. Nice stuff.

I was really looking for just the upper trim, but now I think I'm going to use it. It's a short box and kinda hard to sell anyway.
Posted By: halfmile Re: fullsize Blazer help - 09/04/10
Brown's of Two Rivers in Wisconsin has a lot of stuff. I got a gas tank for my 87 pickup there.

Their website database is down as I speak but they have a catalogue for you.

http://cooltruckparts.com/

I'm only 30 miles from there and always try them first. Oh, yes, also have your junkyard friends look up the interchange in the Hollander. Your parts may be available under another name.

HM

© 24hourcampfire