Home
Posted By: idnative1948 Bed Liners - 04/28/14
How do the spray-in liners hold up to hauling firewood and dirt?
Have been thinking of just getting a rubber mat (knowing you need to pull them and clean under them)to save my knees crawling in and out when I have the canopy on. Will never have drop-in again after busting my arse a couple of times when you get oil/gas on them and hard to sweep out.
Posted By: WyoCowboy Re: Bed Liners - 04/28/14
I have a rubber mat and it's ok but a spilled battery will eat them. One of my subs runs a spray in and his truck is beat to hell but the bed still looks good but it's a PIA to slide out full sheets.
Posted By: 24mileboy Re: Bed Liners - 04/28/14
My new truck has a spray in liner and i added a rubber mat for my knees. We have the liners on work truck and they hold up very well, some chips from dropping heavy items in to the bed.
Posted By: Reba Re: Bed Liners - 04/28/14
12 years ago I had my Ranger sprayed with Rhino Liner.

I have hauled several loads DG granite and shovel and scraped it out. I have hauled many many loads of oak firewood. The list is very long to include dump runs. It has faded some but has not worn any.

The guy that did mine did over the rails and removed the bed and tailgate bolts before applying the liner.

WORTH EVER PENNY.
Posted By: SKane Re: Bed Liners - 04/28/14
I had Line-X sprayed in my most recent truck. I've hauled a lot of crap with mine - stone, mulch, dirt, countless loads of wood etc. - still looks great.

If I had a topper (rather than the sliding tonneau) I think I'd keep a foam pad in back to save on the knees when crawling around.
Posted By: idnative1948 Re: Bed Liners - 04/28/14
Thanks gents. Now to make a decision before we wrestle the topper back on.
Posted By: Dantheman Re: Bed Liners - 04/29/14
I'm on my second truck with Line-X. I'm very happy with it and it is chemical resistant.

Dan
Posted By: chris_c Re: Bed Liners - 04/29/14
Have had 2 trucks with spray in liner, held up very well.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Bed Liners - 04/29/14
Anybody want to buy a slide in liner really cheap? I bought the truck used and the dealer had put it in to cover some dings in the bed. I don't mind the dings but I sure hated that liner. The first time I tried to haul my llamas in it, they couldn't stand up. I jerked it out and put in a mat. FAR better. They thanked me.
Posted By: idnative1948 Re: Bed Liners - 04/30/14
A custom fit mat or some mat from a farm supply store?

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Anybody want to buy a slide in liner really cheap? I bought the truck used and the dealer had put it in to cover some dings in the bed. I don't mind the dings but I sure hated that liner. The first time I tried to haul my llamas in it, they couldn't stand up. I jerked it out and put in a mat. FAR better. They thanked me.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Bed Liners - 04/30/14
A custom fit from Summit Racing. It fits great.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Bed Liners - 04/30/14
Once pickups started being produced with double wall construction, I never saw the purpose of a bed liner.

That's the business end of a truck. Having a liner when shoveling any material out of the bed is far more complicated and difficult, IMO.
© 24hourcampfire