Home
Posted By: ironeagle_84 Retread tires? - 11/13/14
Anyone using them?

I am considering a set of retread tires as they are CHEAP! i dont drive my Jeep on the freeway, and i dont use it on the hiway much either. Mostly to and from work, and running around the hills.

Does this seem like a bad idea to you?

I just saw that i can score tires in my size for like $60 a piece and they have a two year limited warranty.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Retread tires? - 11/13/14
It's been many years since I used them so I can't say about now. Back then they were noted for shredding the cap fairly regularly especially under heavy loads or high speeds and heat.
Big O had the best ones
Posted By: T Bone Re: Retread tires? - 11/13/14
The only retread I have tried was from https://www.treadwright.com/

They are built in SW South Dakota.

I'll buy another set of 31/10.5/15 for the old F150 when I'm up there next year chasing deer.

Great tire, no separation, decent tread life, great price.

Posted By: Sauer200 Re: Retread tires? - 11/13/14
Originally Posted by T Bone
The only retread I have tried was from https://www.treadwright.com/

They are built in SW South Dakota.

I'll buy another set of 31/10.5/15 for the old F150 when I'm up there next year chasing deer.

Great tire, no separation, decent tread life, great price.

I've had a set on my Durango (Same size as your's) for a year now. Five thousand miles and showing a little wear on the rears. I just rotated them so we'll see. Seem to go good in the snow/mud. The tread is very similar to a BF Goodrich A/T.

I think I paid around seventy five dollars per.
Posted By: ironeagle_84 Re: Retread tires? - 11/14/14
That website is where i was looking. I hope i can get a decent set of tires from there. I need some 215/75R/15s or a set of 235/ 75R/15s.
Posted By: Mossy Re: Retread tires? - 11/14/14
You can go to America's Tire and get new 235/75/15 for less than $80 a tire
Posted By: ironeagle_84 Re: Retread tires? - 11/14/14
The tires i am looking for are more of a mud tire, or AT. The tires you said were $80 are street tires.
Posted By: Mossy Re: Retread tires? - 11/14/14
Goodyear Wrangler radials (basically the pattern Treadwright stole for their AT) are $76.

Obviously you can do what you want,but saving such a small amount of money on retreads isn't worth it to me.
Posted By: T Bone Re: Retread tires? - 11/15/14
From my one experience with Treadwright, 20k miles is about all I got out of them. They are soft, offer excellent traction, but wear quickly. They'd have to be 50% price of new for it to make sense.
Posted By: JMR40 Re: Retread tires? - 11/15/14
I put a set of Coopers on my truck a year ago, P265-75-16's. After an $80 rebate offered by Cooper the total cost was about $480. That included mounting and sales tax. I should get 50,000+ miles out of them. After paying for the tires, shipping?, tax, and mounting how much will you really save on a tire that won't last as long.
© 24hourcampfire