Home
Curious if there are any owners of said truck. Looking into possibly buying one and wanting to know of any issues with motor or transmission.

The one I am looking at is a little higher in miles (115,000), which I guess isn't too unusual, but hoping to still have some good life left in it. I won't be pulling a whole lot and when I do nothing that is too heavy, but certainly up hills etc.
I had one that I sold with about 115K miles on the odometer. The guy who bought it still has it and I haven't heard of him having any problems with it. If you aren't going to pull a trailer in excess of about 2,500 lbs, you'll probably be happy with it.
The 6.0 Vortec is a strong, reliable engine. Take care of it and it will get you beyond 200K. I have one with 150k on it now. No issues, no oil use. The Vortecs are probably the strongest gas engines available. mtmuley
I have the 6.0 in my 05 HD2500 and so far so good, but only has 76K on it. Towed the 19ft travel trailer through, NV,AZ,UT in April and was really impressed with the gasser.
Pos
Originally Posted by panjandrum
Pos
How so? mtmuley
I had a 6.0 vortec and it ran really well with decent power. I now own a 2012 ram 2500 HD with the 5.7 hemi and it has far superior power and gas mileage.
my 2000 GMC with the 6.0 has been very reliable. It has 129,000 miles on it. It may not have the same power as newer engines, but it has done everything I have asked of it.
© 24hourcampfire