Home
Posted By: Oldelkhunter New Ford Ranger - 07/30/17
I was watching a Seagall movie while being laid up this week and noticed that one of the characters was driving what appeared to be a toyota or nissan midsize 4 door pickup. It looked like a Frontier, Titan and a Tacoma had a threesome and then at the end of the movie I noticed the Ford Badge on the tailgate. I guess this movie was filmed in Thailand . I would never buy another midsize pickup and thought this was a serious copycat effort on Fords part.
Posted By: MIVHNTR Re: New Ford Ranger - 07/31/17
The Ford Ranger was available in the USA from 1983 to 2011 and the international version has been available in overseas markets from 1998 to the present day. It is called the Ranger T6 platform and was designed and engineered by Ford in Australia. The new, redesigned Ranger should be available in the USA by the 2019 model year and the new, smaller Ford Bronco should also be available in 2019 or 2020.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: New Ford Ranger - 07/31/17
Originally Posted by MIVHNTR
The Ford Ranger was available in the USA from 1983 to 2011 and the international version has been available in overseas markets from 1998 to the present day. It is called the Ranger T6 platform and was designed and engineered by Ford in Australia. The new, redesigned Ranger should be available in the USA by the 2019 model year and the new, smaller Ford Bronco should also be available in 2019 or 2020.

Ford develops a lot of cars overseas before they market them here that is a given.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: New Ford Ranger - 07/31/17
This is what the 2019 Ranger will look like, supposedly

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: New Ford Ranger - 07/31/17
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

[Linked Image]

THey had a light blue one in the movie that looked exactly like that
Posted By: tzone Re: New Ford Ranger - 07/31/17
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

[Linked Image]

So...a ford explorer with a box.
Posted By: JPro Re: New Ford Ranger - 07/31/17
Well the original early 90's Explorer SUV was the existing square-bodied Ranger with a cargo bay. I guess what goes around comes around.....
Posted By: hlg Re: New Ford Ranger - 07/31/17
Road aprox.. 2500 mi. last July in South Africa in what I would assume is the next generation Ford Ranger that will be coming to the US soon.Sizewise it is about half way between an F150 and the older Rangers we know.This was a Super Crew model with all the options and was powered by a diesel engine that went like a scalded dog.Had good room for two bigger guys and a couple of dainty ladies, still room in the box for the usual hunting seat rack setup they all used.
PH said he really liked it having owned the usual rice grinders and added that it is outselling them.He did say that he had hauled a whole Cape buffalo in it,these guys do put a vehicle through hell in a short time.
Posted By: shootAI Re: New Ford Ranger - 07/31/17
Looks like a Subaru......... Yuck
Posted By: Dutch Re: New Ford Ranger - 08/04/17
Originally Posted by shootAI

LOL, my first reaction was "the Baja is back!".

I just want somebody make a compact pickup again. They are so much handier on forest service roads.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: New Ford Ranger - 08/05/17
I just want somebody make a compact pickup again. They are so much handier on forest service roads.
These days a real compact pickup is called a Polaris Ranger, a Kawasaki Mule, a Gator, etc.
Posted By: kingston Re: New Ford Ranger - 08/05/17
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by shootAI

LOL, my first reaction was "the Baja is back!".

Yea, same same here. That's a Subaru.
Posted By: TC1 Re: New Ford Ranger - 08/09/17
The way it's taking on that water crossing you can bet it's a serious 4X4! wink

I kinda like the way it looks.
Posted By: tzone Re: New Ford Ranger - 08/10/17
I actually don't mind the way it looks. Hopefully, it acts like a real truck though.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: New Ford Ranger - 08/10/17
real trucks start at 3/4 ton.......
Posted By: kingston Re: New Ford Ranger - 08/10/17
Real men start at 5' 7".

laugh

I couldn't help myself Hunts.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: New Ford Ranger - 08/10/17
I barely squeeked by.......
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: New Ford Ranger - 08/11/17
Originally Posted by kingston
Real men start at 5' 7".

I couldn't help myself Hunts.