Home
Posted By: Reba Camper on a flatbed? - 10/16/17
Anyone using a cabover 8' camper on a flatbed pickup.

How is it working?

Top heavy?

How did you fasten it?

Thanks
Posted By: Oheremicus Re: Camper on a flatbed? - 10/17/17
Hunted with a guy that did that one year. Worked OK. With the latest frame mounted tie downs, and air bags over the springs, it should work fine. E
Posted By: T_O_M Re: Camper on a flatbed? - 10/17/17
I think All Terrain Campers makes one .. pop-up. Their stuff is pretty light compared to other brands. So, while I haven't used one, I wouldn't expect a problem .. especially on a full-size. The one I was around was a regular camper on a Tacoma which seemed to handle it fine. A 3/4 ton flat bed with an ATC flat-bed camper is one of my dream setups if'n I win the lottery.

Tom
Posted By: ironbender Re: Camper on a flatbed? - 10/18/17
It's doable. Not mine, but I just had to take a picture.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Camper on a flatbed? - 10/18/17
I'm betting that rig in the photo above belongs to a NASCAR Fan from Alabama, or a whole family of Illegals are living in it. wink
Posted By: huntsonora Re: Camper on a flatbed? - 10/18/17
http://www.fourwh.com/product/fleet-flat-bed-popup-truck-camper-tray-tacoma/
Posted By: huntsonora Re: Camper on a flatbed? - 10/18/17
https://denver.craigslist.org/pts/d/alum-line-flat-bed-for-four/6335185012.html
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Camper on a flatbed? - 10/18/17
Top heavy? I'd prefer a popup type camper for that setup. You're raising the camper a foot. Be careful going through bank drive throughs.
Posted By: bobmn Re: Camper on a flatbed? - 10/18/17
Reba: Go to the forums on expeditionportal.com and check out Alaskan camper. There is a guy that put an Alaskan on a flat bed and he has very good documentation of how he mounted the camper.
Posted By: taylorce1 Re: Camper on a flatbed? - 11/04/17
What are you wanting to use the camper for? How many seasons do you plan on using the camper?

Originally Posted by bobmn
Reba: Go to the forums on expeditionportal.com and check out Alaskan camper. There is a guy that put an Alaskan on a flat bed and he has very good documentation of how he mounted the camper.

You must be talking about this one.

Alaskan Camper on flat bed Dodge Diesel.
© 24hourcampfire