Home
Posted By: Coyotejunki Toyota Tacoma 2nd Gen - 12/31/17
I am looking at two trucks, both are access cabs TRD off Road models. One is a 2013 and the other is a '15.

For those of you who have these trucks, how comfortable are they. I am 6-1 and 240lbs, I know it isn't as roomy as my older Tahoe, but are they comfortable for someone my size. I took a short test drive and noticed sitting lower, but seemed to have plenty of length in the leg room dept. Seat wasn't all the way back. I plan on using this vehicle as a hunting vehicle.

How do you guys like the BFG AT long trail or whatever BFG 265x70x16 factory tire that comes on them?
Posted By: JMR40 Re: Toyota Tacoma 2nd Gen - 12/31/17
You'll have to duck your head to get inside and out. But once in there you should be OK.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Toyota Tacoma 2nd Gen - 01/01/18

Right leg first.........2nd gen are good trucks.........

stuck on access cab ? few more bucks the DB is lots more room......

OEM tires are nuthin to write home about.....plan on a SL or C rated replacement

Too many heavy E rated tires in Taco sizes....the 265-75x16's..less money.....

my recent '14 Taco......6 speed manual.......21 mpg.....4.0L

TRD is a plus......mine is just an SR5...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Kodiakisland Re: Toyota Tacoma 2nd Gen - 01/01/18
I love my 2012 access cab, but I ain't near your size. OEM tires suck, but they are easily replaced.
Posted By: SU35 Re: Toyota Tacoma 2nd Gen - 01/01/18
I have a 2012 Access cab that I bought new.

I'm your size except a bit lighter.

For added seat comfort and raising you up in height in your seat, I bought Wet Okole seat covers.
They are worth every penny and are still good to go after 5 years. You will gain a lot more comfort using them,especially off road.
Originally Posted by SU35
I have a 2012 Access cab that I bought new.

I'm your size except a bit lighter.

For added seat comfort and raising you up in height in your seat, I bought Wet Okole seat covers.
They are worth every penny and are still good to go after 5 years. You will gain a lot more comfort using them,especially off road.

Second the Wet Okoles. Got the passenger side with the heater for my wife. It's the only way I can get her to ride in it.
Posted By: TC1 Re: Toyota Tacoma 2nd Gen - 01/01/18
I owned a 2008 for a few years. Great truck but the bed was almost worthless size wise. The interior and ride was comfortable. I thought the gas mileage should have been a little better though. What amazed me about the truck was I bought the truck new, kept it 3 years, put almost 40,000 miles on it and sold it for $3000 less than what I paid for it! I did put a little 2" lift on it, some Mickey Thompson wheels and tires but the tires were almost worn out when I sold it. I have never owned a vehicle that retained it's value like that before. Also, never a moments trouble out of it.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: Toyota Tacoma 2nd Gen - 01/01/18
Get the dual Cab if you can - a bit roomier, and better towing capacity.

I’ve had my ‘07 for over 10 years now, 164k miles on it so far...
Posted By: TOPCATHR Re: Toyota Tacoma 2nd Gen - 01/01/18
I have had Tacoma access cabs, and If you can get a double cab you would be better off. I have a 2015 double cab long bed limited. Prior to that I had a double cab sport I bought it new in 2010 and sold it in 2015 for 18,500
I paid 28,000 for it new and put 90,000 miles on it. You can't go wrong with a tacoma ............
Posted By: Dogslife57 Re: Toyota Tacoma 2nd Gen - 01/01/18
Tacoma is good for me but if I were your size I would go for the full size truck.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Toyota Tacoma 2nd Gen - 01/01/18
Originally Posted by Dogslife57
Tacoma is good for me but if I were your size I would go for the full size truck.

I am 5'11 and the fit is tight in my 2006 access cab.. I much prefer driving my 2017 Tundra Crew Cab.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Toyota Tacoma 2nd Gen - 01/01/18
I am 5'-5'', 150 pounds. My wife's Tacoma is a 2004, extended cab, 2 door. I feel cramped in it. I get sore riding in it if the trip is more than an hour long. This is our 2nd one. They are great for reliability and resale, but I would sure not be owning one for my primary truck.

My truck is a 98 Dodge , 2/4 T. I guess it f depends on how much work you want to get out of one and how comfortable you want your ride to be.
Posted By: Coyotejunki Re: Toyota Tacoma 2nd Gen - 01/01/18
I do drive some long distances so I was concerned about comfort. I like the 6' bed because I sometimes sleep in the truck when i go hunting or camping. Maybe I will take a look at the 4 door Jeep Wrangler Unlimited?
I do at least one 4000 mile trip in my truck every year, and some years 3 or more. Rides as well as anything else except a volvo for the long haul. I prefer the access cab over the 4 door, but I'm not hauling passengers either.
© 24hourcampfire