Home
Posted By: Greyghost Doing the Math! - 06/24/06
After a lot of research, Contacting Primrose Oil, and browsing over at the DieselPlace.com. I decided to go with the Nicktane CAT fuel filter (long version) and Primrose 405 in the new truck.

But decided on the Primrose 405-C (consintrated) instead of the regular Primrose 405.

Cost difference is substantial when broken down.

Primrose 405 sells in 12 ounce bottles, each bottle treats 187 gallons, and a 6-bottle case sells for $33 +6 shipping for a total of $39. So in the end it would cost 3.5 cents to treat a gallon.

Primrose 405-C on the other hand sells in 1qt. (32 ounce) bottles, and each bottle treats 750 gallons, and a 6-bottle case sells for $54 +6 shipping for a total of $60. So in the end it would cost 1.2 cents to treat a gallon.

Thats a big difference, the regular Primrose would cost almost 3 times as much as the Primrose 405-C to use.

Phil
Posted By: Stetson Re: Doing the Math! - 06/24/06
Best of luck with the primrose. My truck ran rough with it but did great with FPPF. I've talked to others that say the exact opposite. Go figure. Don't buy too much until you know your truck likes it.
© 24hourcampfire