Home
Posted By: tcb22 Dodge Raider - 05/31/18
Thinking of picking up a Dodge Raider as a project vehicle, it's just a rebranded Mitsubishi montero from what I have read. It looks like the engine is bad so it will need a rebuild or a swap. Does anyone have any info or thoughts on these little rigs.
Posted By: mrfudd Re: Dodge Raider - 06/01/18
I hope it’s free if the motor is bad. The Geo Tacker and its clones are an affordable alternative with great parts availability. The mid 90s fuel injected models ran good. Mine got around 30 mpg and cruised at 70+ with no issues.
Posted By: tdbob Re: Dodge Raider - 06/01/18
I had an 84 Montero that I bought new. It was one the first brought into the country. It had the 2.6 with 5spd, decent motor but suffered more altitude sickness in the mountains compared to a Toyota pick up with a 22RE(carb vs EFI). They ride better than CJ's of the same era. Coolest feature was the suspended driver's seat. John Baker used to race Monteros and had a catalog of performance parts for Monteros/Raiders and Mitsu pick-ups and D50's but that was back in the 80's. Put a V6 and a limited slip or locking rear-end in it and it should be a very fun vehicle.
Posted By: baltz526 Re: Dodge Raider - 06/03/18
I had a D50 from that era. The motor was great, The 5 speed transmission was junk.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Dodge Raider - 06/04/18
we had an 88. wife insisted on getting it even though i said it seemed like a POS. we were not married when she bought it. guess who was right? ya it was a complete POS. major drivetrain issues, electrical problems, etc. on the surface they seem like a neat vehicle. reminded me of the 60's bronco's. but mitsubishi did not think those through.
Posted By: tcb22 Re: Dodge Raider - 06/07/18
Thanks for the info
© 24hourcampfire