Home
Posted By: mtnman1 Another tire thread - 09/02/18
Buying tires tomorrow and want some thoughts on these 3

Nitto ridge grapplers
Cooper st/Maxx
Falken wildpeak at/3w

Main use will be Texas summers/brush country and WY fall/winter 2 tracks and the highways in between

Thoughts?
Posted By: Motown Re: Another tire thread - 09/02/18
I have had the Ridge Grapplers now for 17k miles. I rotate them every 5k and they are wearing perfectly as I have probably 75% of my tread left. They are really good in snow, which in TX I doubt you’ll need. They have very minimal road noise as well. Only downfall is they aernt that great in the rain. They are fine once you are moving but always want to spin coming from a complete stop.

My buddy also has the Wildpeaks and seems to like them as well. They seem to be wearing a bit quick but I honestly dont know how often he keeps them rotated.
Posted By: harv3589 Re: Another tire thread - 09/03/18
We run the Ridge Grapplers on our Jeep Wrangler and love them. Been good all year round up here. Wear good and ride nice. I’m thinking of putting them on my f150 as well...
Posted By: tzone Re: Another tire thread - 09/03/18
I’m due here in the next few weeks for some new shoes on my Ram. The Wildpeaks have my attention.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Another tire thread - 09/03/18
I run the Wildpeak AT3w on my F350 and I'm a huge fan of them. Smooth, quiet, haul and tow well, great traction for an AT tire. They are also a great deal if you can snag them through Discount Tire Direct when they have a sale (like right now on their Labor Day sale).
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Another tire thread - 09/03/18

DTD sale ends Sept 4th

20% off entire purchase if you use new DTD CC

15% off if you use existing card

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/promotions/labor-day
Posted By: 7 STW Re: Another tire thread - 09/03/18
Goodyear All Terrain Adventure with Kevlar. They ride good wear like iron and never had a flat. I run them and so do most loggers I know.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Another tire thread - 09/03/18
I'm a big fan of Cooper ST/ Maxx.Stiffer sidewalls and handle better with heavy loads
Posted By: tcb22 Re: Another tire thread - 09/04/18
Falken wildpeak at/3w, I have heard nothing but good on them
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: Another tire thread - 09/04/18
These guys have opinions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOv8ReiAFJY
Posted By: mtnman1 Re: Another tire thread - 09/04/18
Ordered the Falken. Lots of great ratings and appear to cover a pretty broad spectrum of terrain while having good ride and wear life. Not to mention that they were considerably cheaper. Will see how they work out.
Posted By: glazer_1972 Re: Another tire thread - 10/07/18
Out of those three. Pick the lowest installed price.
© 24hourcampfire