Home
Posted By: Seafire Diesels that need DEF.. - 05/22/19
Don't you boys who have diesels that have to use DEF only get about the same mileage as gas engines get?

If ya do, avoid Oregon.....also in Oregon, I bet sales of diesel pickups are going to tank...

Our Communist Ran DemocRATS, along with our Lesbian left wing clueless governor, have just signed a bill according to talk radio news yesterday... that will be adding 70 to 80 cents a gallon tax to diesel fuel so they can pay for one of their 'alternative fuels' and 'clean air projects'...

they probably felt they couldn't pull it off by hitting up gas engines with that high of a tax... but since diesel owners are in the minority, the figured that the gas powered owners would be happy it wasn't them and just shut up....

Funny the liberals keep burning up everyone's wallet for taxes to supposedly contribute project to "clean air" while they let the forests burn for 6 to 8 weeks each summer, and pollute our states air to being some of the worst in the world....toxic smoke...for the last 20 plus years....it gets them more tax money out of Washington DC to supposedly "fight' the fires...

Then they legalize dope, so hippies can scream for clean air for the environment, while they pollute their lungs and those around them smoking dope...

democRATS either need to start being referred to what they are... communists.. or TAXocRATS....

I don't run a diesel, but this is just more leftist TAXING BS.. so they can act like they are doing something, when they aren't doing a damn thing except raiding everybody's wallet....
Good post.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Diesels that need DEF.. - 05/22/19
Was this post about DEF, diesel, dope, or Democrats?
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Diesels that need DEF.. - 05/22/19
Originally Posted by ironbender
Was this post about DEF, diesel, dope, or Democrats?

Redundant post, you listed democrats twice.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Diesels that need DEF.. - 05/22/19
link please? Can't find anything other than the current 34 c/gallon tax rate.
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Diesels that need DEF.. - 05/23/19
I haven't seen it in writing but I did hear it on Medford's KMED 1440. The morning talk guy usually crosses his "T's". Doesn't make it true though I guess. Sometimes, Kate the Brown just flies ideas to see how much blowback she gets.
The private party gun transfer law a couple years ago didn't fly real well outside the Willamette Valley. I think several rural county sheriffs, said sure thing Kate, send us the money, we'll enforce it. No money showed up. Probably did stop some ads in the Nickel classifieds.
Posted By: dogzapper Re: Diesels that need DEF.. - 06/06/19

I don't know how to address this … or even if I should grin

Let me just say that I bought a brand-new GMC Denali Canyon CCSB with the 4-cylinder Duramax diesel engine five weeks ago. My new rig uses DEF.

My hand-calculated mileage is a strong 30+mpg back and forth on I-205 and I-5. And a little over 25mpg in city driving around this crappy Potland mess.

I'm absolutely impressed by the incredibly torquey (is that a word?) performance and the excellent mileage.

Loving the crap out of my new truck.

Blessings,

Steve

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BIGR Re: Diesels that need DEF.. - 06/06/19
Good deal Steve, nice truck and a nice place you have there.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Diesels that need DEF.. - 06/06/19
MY 2109 gets 15 around town,18 or so on highway, That's the big 8 cyl Duramax.2500HD
Posted By: TheKid Re: Diesels that need DEF.. - 06/06/19
Should read, “Diesels that need deleted”. I’m not much of diesel guy, since I only rarely tow any of our farm machinery but if I was mine would be EGR, DEF, DPF and whatever else the EPA mandates for it deleted
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Diesels that need DEF.. - 06/07/19
Originally Posted by TheKid
Should read, “Diesels that need deleted”. I’m not much of diesel guy, since I only rarely tow any of our farm machinery but if I was mine would be EGR, DEF, DPF and whatever else the EPA mandates for it deleted

Not if it is still under warranty
Posted By: TheKid Re: Diesels that need DEF.. - 06/07/19
Kinda a crappy two edged sword there. My Uncle’s last new Powerstroke required a complete new exhaust system from the manifolds back, cost several thousand dollars. It wasn’t covered under warranty even though the truck only had around 30k on it. It was his company truck so they had it fixed at the dealer and paid for it. Had it been mine I’d have been inclined to say warranty be damned and straight piped it, since it wasn’t covered anyway.

Damned if you do and stranded if you don’t.
Posted By: BIGR Re: Diesels that need DEF.. - 06/07/19
Originally Posted by saddlesore
MY 2109 gets 15 around town,18 or so on highway, That's the big 8 cyl Duramax.2500HD

My 2006, crew cab, 4x4, 2500HD Duramax gets 14.5 MPG or so around the house here in the mountains. On the interstate fairly level ground I can get 19.5 to 20 MPG at 70 MPH. Best I ever got on a 2 lane 55MPH road was 22.8 MPG, never been able to top that. Towing a 4000 pound camper anywhere from 12.3 to 14.5 MPG, according to the terrain and how much wind.
Posted By: dogzapper Re: Diesels that need DEF.. - 06/07/19

Originally Posted by BIGR
Good deal Steve, nice truck and a nice place you have there.

Friend BIGR,

Karen and I moved into our home almost 55-years ago and spent our wedding night here. It has been literally our "Forever Home" and we love it.

Hopefully, I'll go feet first when I have to leave the joint.

Our home has seen an amazing amount of happiness, a few tears and a LIFETIME of LOVE.

Blessings to you, my friend,

Steve
© 24hourcampfire