Home
Posted By: Reba Super Chip - 11/08/19
Anyone using the Super Chip on their Power Stroke?

I have a 2003 with the 7.3 and I am thinking about getting one.

Thanks
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Super Chip - 11/08/19
I can't speak much to tuners for the 7.3, but hop on over to Powerstroke.org and talk to the folks in the 7.3 section.
Posted By: Remington6MM Re: Super Chip - 11/08/19
Don't. I have one and it has been nothing but grief on my 00 7.3. Their customer service is crap. Treat you like they are doing you a great favor for just answering the phone.

Better options. Like sock puppet said, go to power stroke.com and read everything posted.
Posted By: Remington6MM Re: Super Chip - 11/08/19
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Don't. I have one and it has been nothing but grief on my 00 7.3. Their customer service is crap. Treat you like they are doing you a great favor for just answering the phone.

Better options. Like sock puppet said, go to power stroke.com and read everything posted.
Posted By: BamBam Re: Super Chip - 11/09/19
https://www.jelibuiltperformance.co...ts/hydrachipcustomtunesmodifiedinjectors
This is what I have on my O2 7.3 This is a good set up for me.
Posted By: Vek Re: Super Chip - 11/10/19
I installed the PHP hydra and downloaded five PHP tunes: 1200 rpm fast idle, 65hp daily driver, 25hp tow, 40hp tow and 65hp tow.

I have removed the ebpv and installed 4" exhaust from the turbo back. Turbo has a billet compressor wheel.

This is on an early '99 with a standard transmission. I can heartily recommend the change.
Posted By: Reba Re: Super Chip - 11/10/19
Yeks!

What is a PHP hydra????
Posted By: horse1 Re: Super Chip - 11/11/19
Originally Posted by Reba
Anyone using the Super Chip on their Power Stroke?

I have a 2003 with the 7.3 and I am thinking about getting one.

Thanks

How'd you get an '03 with a 7.3?
Posted By: TRnCO Re: Super Chip - 11/11/19
I've had a super chip tuner on my 01 from not long after I got the truck in 02 with no problems. I don't run it on the hot setting and I have in the neighborhood of 198000 miles now.
Posted By: Vek Re: Super Chip - 11/12/19
PHP Hydra - google is your friend. Buy one from the vendor of your choice, download PHP software to PC or laptop (not Mac), connect chip to computer with cable, pull pcm from truck to get pcm code from paper sticker label, select desired tunes from PHP library that are appropriate for your PCM, install tunes on chip, clean the terminals on PCM as instructed, install chip on PCM, reinstall PCM, and drive away happy.

The PHP tuning is regarded as "better" than some of the more generic tuning from superchips etc. By "better", they mean better suited to your particular year and configuration (manual/auto), where others are more broad-brush.

7.3 and 6.0 both were available in 2003.
Posted By: Reba Re: Super Chip - 11/12/19
Ford supplied the 7.3 to the middle of 2003.
© 24hourcampfire