Home
Hit a steer in the 2009 Tacoma a couple of weeks ago, and the poor thing was totaled. The truck that is; steer went on it’s merry way through another fence.

Just got the insurance offer at $10K. Bought the truck for $15K. Put 150,000 miles on it.

That works out to $0.03 / mile in depreciation.

Anyone driving cheaper?
I have had 5 Tacomas, the resale and trade in values are insane. I had a 2010 double cab sport 4x4 6 cyl. paid 28 for it traded it in 6 years later with 96000 miles and the dealer gave me 18500
Damn $5k for 150k miles is incredible.

I got rear ended last December and it totaled my 2007. I had 211k on it and insurance offered 17k which was about $12k less than I paid new, or about $0.06/mile
Have an '01 F150 (son's) that I paid $4k for. About 10k miles later, an old woman side-swiped him and her insurance gave us a check for $5k and sold the truck back to me for $500. So, I was basically paid $500 to take the truck and have my son drive it for almost 2 yrs.

this ARB would help some............

Save how much damage ?

Not sure......don't wanna test it........

Its one HD stout sucker though..........

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by Dutch
Hit a steer in the 2009 Tacoma a couple of weeks ago, and the poor thing was totaled. The truck that is; steer went on it’s merry way through another fence.

Just got the insurance offer at $10K. Bought the truck for $15K. Put 150,000 miles on it.

That works out to $0.03 / mile in depreciation.

Anyone driving cheaper?

That’s good economy! Shame about the rig though.
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Save how much damage ?

Not sure, but I suspect if you hit a steer at any speed, all that impact is transferred directly to the frame, which might be noticeable to the occupant! As much as I regret the damage (airbags didn't even go off), I barely noticed the impact. Bypassing all that safety engineering may not be a wise net choice?

Save how much damage ?

Not sure, but I suspect if you hit a steer at any speed, all that impact is transferred directly to the frame, which might be noticeable to the occupant! As much as I regret the damage (airbags didn't even go off), I barely noticed the impact. Bypassing all that safety engineering may not be a wise net choice?

[Linked Image from evanwolkenstein.files.wordpress.com]
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
[Linked Image from evanwolkenstein.files.wordpress.com]

You look marvelous!
I am shocked grin Their resale value is insane.
I paid $26K+ for a 2005 Taco......drove it 120K miles before hitting a moose in 2010.
Insurance company gave me $20.5K.......not sure all insurance companies are that
liberal with their payouts.

Save how much damage ?

ARB products are engineered to work with all safety features of the vehicle

https://arbusa.com/bumpers-protection-equipment/
I bought a first gen Tundra, put about 2K in repairs, kept it for 50,000 miles, and sold it for exactly what i paid. Wish I kept it, but it really was a good experience.
I wrecked a 2006 tacoma after 9 months, had 9k or so miles on it. Totalled. Got $700 more from the insurance than I paid new.
No doubt, the Toyo Tacos are the standard in old compact and newer mid-sized trucks. Never owned one, I have bought two Nissans. Got 185k on the first before an old lady sideswiped me. Have 150k on the second.

Were I likely to trade in before I drove them into the ground, I might go Toyota. But we generally drive our new-bought vehicles until the wheels fall off or someone runs into us and totals them.
Tacomas are like gold here, used prices are surreal.
Was in the mood for a new 4x4 truck in 2002, wanted a Tacoma. Had driven the late 90s extended cab Taco a girl at our gun club had and liked it. V6, 5 spd.

Local Toyota dealer had a mess of 'em on the lot. Knocking off a whoppin' $500. Same time, GM was giving a $5K rebate on a new S-10 ZR2, which had higher ground clearance and bigger tires than the standard 4x4 S-10s. $5K is $5K, so that's what I bought Double cab, V6, 5 spd. Kept it over four years and about 60,000 miles. Went back to full size 4x4s. Never any issues with the S-10. In all the years since, I've never seen a Toyota dealer around here knock of more than a grand on "left over" Tacomas.
We purchased our 2000 Taco (4wd extended cab) for $18,000 with 44,000 miles on it, back in 2004. It now has 222,000 miles on the odometer and is still running great, which is why we turned down a local dealership which offered us $15,000 in trade-in.
© 24hourcampfire