Home
Posted By: deflave My Toyota Tundra - 01/13/20
Is the best GD vehicle I've ever owned.
Posted By: baldhunter Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/13/20
I'm driving my 2002 V-8 Tundra for 18yrs now.Zero major issues at 210K miles now and still gets 24-25miles per gallon on the highway..Still a great truck.Clear coat paint is flaking a little now.Never thought I'd drive one that long and was offered 6k cash for it.That is one good thing about the Toyotas,they have great resale value too.
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/13/20
I have lost track of the Toyotas I have owned... two years ago I bought a new Tacoma, and Tundra... The Tacoma replaced my 84 & 85 as knockabout outdoor vehicles.. I think they both had over 300,000 miles on them... The Tundra became my travel vehicle for long road trips.. I still have a 2012 with over 210,000 miles on it.. Runs like a charm.. It is my heavy duty hunting and fishing truck for pulling my travel trailer on hunting and fishing trips .. Awesome vehicles!!!!
Posted By: baxterb Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/14/20
Originally Posted by baldhunter
I'm driving my 2002 V-8 Tundra for 18yrs now.Zero major issues at 210K miles now and still gets 24-25miles per gallon on the highway..Still a great truck.Clear coat paint is flaking a little now.Never thought I'd drive one that long and was offered 6k cash for it.That is one good thing about the Toyotas,they have great resale value too.

You've got me beat by 2K miles. No flaky paint on mine. still gets the same MPG as when I bought it. Time for a new timing belt and another 100K!
Posted By: EdM Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/14/20
I am liking my Dodge...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: rnovi Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/14/20
Not a truck...
Posted By: dubePA Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/14/20
The "original" Tundras seem to hold up pretty well. Several of 'em around where I live. A buddy is still driving the one he bought new, early 2000s. Pretty sure it's well past 200K in miles? No issues with the paint, but the OEM tubular side steps are about rusted away. There's another one in town that's the same color as his, even has the same aluminum topper on it. Constantly waving at the "wrong guy" when we pass.

Those early ones aren't much different in size, than today's Tacomas.
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/14/20

If you can get stain steel tube side steps do it... Mine are .. most of the makers have a premium line that is stainless.
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/14/20

Funny no one has mentioned the Costco automotive program when you are buying a new Yota.... Prices below what most people get, and no haggling... great way to go.
You're an azzwhole!

Wait... what were we talking about? I saw, "Tundra", in the headline, and the insults just came flyin' out. Y'know... Tundra Tourette's 'n all...

FC
Posted By: dubePA Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/14/20
Well, lookit who the OP was? World Class schitt stirrer and renowned bon vivant. crazy
Posted By: deflave Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/14/20
Originally Posted by EdM
I am liking my Dodge...

I’d fugk it’s muffler.
Posted By: pal Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/14/20
Originally Posted by deflave
My Toyota Tundra Is the best GD vehicle I've ever owned.

Love my 2000 Tundra V-8 4x4.
Posted By: deflave Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/14/20
Well, so far it seems the Tundra is well thought of by its owners.

I wonder when Captain Ford will come along and tell everyone how wrong they are?
Posted By: baldhunter Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/14/20
Originally Posted by baxterb

You've got me beat by 2K miles. No flaky paint on mine. still gets the same MPG as when I bought it. Time for a new timing belt and another 100K!

Yes I'm due for a new Timing Belt.Mine has been in the hot South Texas sun for 18yrs and this does take a toll on it.Since I retired three years ago I only put about 3-4 thousand miles a year on it,I just need to take time to have it done.The problem is I drive it everyday.
Posted By: aalf Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/15/20
I wonder when Captain Ford will come along and tell everyone how wrong they are?

General GM here......you're f'ing wong doosh bag......
Posted By: garddogg56 Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/15/20
I'll take a F-150...thank you
Posted By: EdM Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/15/20
Originally Posted by EdM
I am liking my Dodge...

I’d fugk it’s muffler.

Yep though I am thoroughly pleased with my '14 Tundra.
Posted By: 79S Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/15/20
Well, so far it seems the Tundra is well thought of by its owners.

Someone call me?
Posted By: Journeyman Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/15/20

I have a 2004 Ford F-150 and a 2004 Tundra.

My Ford has 174,000 miles with zero, zip, nada issues...flawless!

My Tundra has 121,000 miles with :
Recalls for cooling, exhaust, exterior lighting, air bag inflator modules, air bag on-off switch assembly, control arms, ball joints...

Pass the Ford , please...
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/15/20
Originally Posted by garddogg56
I'll take a F-150 back to the dealer for repairs...thank you

Fixt

smile
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/15/20
Originally Posted by Journeyman

Recalls for cooling, exhaust, exterior lighting, air bag inflator modules, air bag on-off switch assembly, control arms, ball joints...

According to NHTSA, there have been 12 recalls for the 2004 Tundra. And 16 for the 2004 F-150.
Posted By: dubePA Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/15/20
AND, Toyota just issued a fuel pump related recall for over 700,000 vehicles. In the past 17 years of buying GM 4x4s, total of five recalls for four pickups. Most serious one, was jiggering the 'puter for the electric power steering in the 2010 Chevy. But none of my trucks ever exhibited the problems before I had to take it in. None required a special trip, usually due for service anyway?.

Total of repairs under warranty, all four trucks: Fan motor/switch in the '06 Sierra; Power steering box leak, same truck; Intake gasket leak, in the '02 and tail gate straps; Minor AC refrigerant leak in the '10; AC/heat duct "door" servo in the '14. Only repair I've ever had to pay for, was a new brake caliper on the '10 at around 60,000 miles.
Posted By: cv540 Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/15/20
Originally Posted by EdM
I am liking my Dodge...

I’d fugk it’s muffler.

Well it is a "Swinger"
Posted By: deflave Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/16/20
My Tundra started again this morning.

Despite my not remembering where I parked it.

Winning!
Posted By: BLG Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/16/20

No dog in this fight, but I know several owners. If the bold above is true, it belongs in the Smithsonian. Great trucks, but they refuse to pass up a gas station.

Clyde
Posted By: dubePA Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/16/20
IIRC the original Tundra V8s were four valve, DOHC? First\ one I ever laid eyes on, belonged to a neighbor's friend. Five speed I think? He claimed it needed at least 89 octane fuel, or it pinged when lugged. I suggested he not lug it, then. No one else I've known with the early trucks, ever mentioned that.

I've also never heard any of them say they got great fuel mileage.
Posted By: JMR40 Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/16/20
The original Tundra with the smaller V-8 was reasonable on fuel mileage. My brother has an 06 4X4 long bed regular cab. He will get upper teens and 20mpg is possible under ideal conditions. A 4X2 MIGHT do a little better, but I still have a hard time believing 24+mpg. Newer trucks, especially with the bigger V8 are going to be roughly 2mpg worse than Ford/Chevy/Ram. But the additional fuel cost will probably be offset by fewer repair charges over the life of the truck.

My 07 Tacoma gets about the same fuel mileage as my brothers 06 Tundra. I have 202,000 on that truck and the only part I've replaced that I paid for was an alternator Other than normal stuff like tires, brakes, battery etc. Toyota paid for everything else, and that included some parts up to 200,000 miles. Having multiple recalls isn't necessarily a bad thing. If there is a problem and they take care of you on their dime I'm OK with that. I have no issue with Ford either, but they would probably laugh at me asking for reimbursement for replacing a U-Joint at 200,000 miles. Toyota paid for it.

As much as I like my Tacoma we reached the point 4 years ago where we needed a bigger truck. I COULD have traded the Tacoma for a new 2016 at the time, or keep the Tacoma and buy a used 2013 or 2014. It worked out to about the same money out of pocket either way. I chose to keep the Tacoma and buy used. I looked hard for a used Tundra, but at the time simply couldn't find a used one that met my needs. On the other hand there were dozens of F150's to pick from within a 75 mile radius that checked all the boxes for what I needed so that is the way I went.

I've had that truck for almost 4 years, it now has 85,000 miles on it and the only factory parts I've replaced are the tires, battery and front brake pads. I can't complain. I still think that a Tundra will need fewer repairs to get me to 200,000 miles, but both are good trucks.
Posted By: dubePA Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/16/20
Buddy since school days, bought a new Tacoma,standard cab Tacoma 4x4, had it for at least 12 years, probably longer?

Think it was a '98? Four banger, five speed. Had well over 200K on it when someone hit it hard enough to total it. Daily driver, got him back and forth to work for most of those years. Had a 'Vette in the garage, said he enjoyed the Tacoma more than the 'Vette. Probably because the Tacoma got better gas mileage? He was fond of telling how the Tacoma hardly cost him a dime in repairs.

grin

Recall a time I met up with him at Lowe's and he was having a fit over a parking lot door ding. Truck was 8 or 10 years old then.
Posted By: hillbill Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/17/20
Ford , Chevy, Ram or Toyota?

I've had them all and at the end of the day the Tundra has less problems and holds much better resale after a few years, my 07 has had 0 issues at 152,000 miles, nothing but maintenance and drive the crap out of it.

last year I had a used truck salesman try his best to talk me out of it, he said he can't keep them, he also said they would fetch about 5 grand more than the other 3 in the same year and mileage range, that my friends speaks volumes. Look around, a decent used Tundra is hard to come by and expensive when you do, ask yourself, why is that??
Posted By: lundtroller Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/17/20
Only Tundras that came w/ a MT were the early models (first year or two) and they were 6 bangers like the T100's. Don't think many were made and I never see them up for sale.
Posted By: deflave Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/17/20
Originally Posted by hillbill
Ford , Chevy, Ram or Toyota?

I've had them all and at the end of the day the Tundra has less problems and holds much better resale after a few years, my 07 has had 0 issues at 152,000 miles, nothing but maintenance and drive the crap out of it.

last year I had a used truck salesman try his best to talk me out of it, he said he can't keep them, he also said they would fetch about 5 grand more than the other 3 in the same year and mileage range, that my friends speaks volumes. Look around, a decent used Tundra is hard to come by and expensive when you do, ask yourself, why is that??

hillbill,

These are all very good points.

Thanks.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/18/20
Originally Posted by pal
My Toyota Tundra Is the best GD vehicle I've ever owned.

Love my 2000 Tundra V-8 4x4.

I can relate Pal. I love mine too:

It's like my rifles though: Total safe queen. Kicked my tacoma out in the cold weather....

The old toyota's are better than the new ones.. Even the dealerships say that... They just don't build them like they used to...
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/18/20
Originally Posted by BLG

No dog in this fight, but I know several owners. If the bold above is true, it belongs in the Smithsonian. Great trucks, but they refuse to pass up a gas station.

Clyde

Yeah, I highly doubt it's getting that kind of mileage. Mine averages 19mpg on highway trips.. That's actually better than my damn v6 Taco too...
Posted By: garddogg56 Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/18/20
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Fixt

smile

Originally Posted by Rooster7

Never broken ! Like those jap frames
smile
Posted By: kk alaska Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/18/20
Had a 81 Toyota PU with 22 R 5 speed absolute lemon.

2 5th gear carrier bearings, front-wheel bearings, front drive shaft, alternator, front seal 2 times all before 70 k miles none was covered by warranty. And I am easy on vehicles. My 2 Fords I had after the Toyota were more reliable and less issues and I don't care for Fords!

My 04 Chev 1/2 ton 5.3 no issues 106 K .

Thinking of buying a GMC 3/4 Ton with the new 6.6 Gas engine.
Posted By: deflave Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/18/20
Originally Posted by kk alaska
Had a 81 Toyota PU with 22 R 5 speed absolute lemon.

2 5th gear carrier bearings, front-wheel bearings, front drive shaft, alternator, front seal 2 times all before 70 k miles none was covered by warranty. And I am easy on vehicles. My 2 Fords I had after the Toyota were more reliable and less issues and I don't care for Fords!

My 04 Chev 1/2 ton 5.3 no issues 106 K .

Thinking of buying a GMC 3/4 Ton with the new 6.6 Gas engine.

While that experience has nothing to do with a Tundra, the early Toyota PU's were not without their problems.

They really hit their stride around 84-85.
Posted By: Terryk Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/19/20
Originally Posted by BLG

Clyde

I had a 2001 and it was the exact engine. 4.7 got a 50HP increase in later years, maybe 2005? Anyway if I got 17 it was a stellar tank, and I live in a rural area with uber driving conditions. In my new 4runner, I get top mileage compared to others on fuely.com.
I miss that truck a lot. Perfect hunting rig.
Posted By: Taco2fiddy7 Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/19/20
The 2016 Tundra I had was nice, but I like my 4Runner better. The Tundra lied about its mileage, got .8mpg worse than what it displayed in the dash. Can't argue with long term reliability though.
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/19/20
The recall of 696,000 vehicles for fuel possible fuel pump issues is for cars, not trucks---
Posted By: JGRaider Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/22/20
I've owned multiples of all of 'em.....1/2T gassers with the exception of Dodge. The current F150's, Silverados, and Sierras run circles around any Tundra we've ever owned. Ain't even close, and before you say it, they've been just as reliable, many with over 200k,
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/22/20
Originally Posted by TBREW401
The recall of 696,000 vehicles for fuel possible fuel pump issues is for cars, not trucks---

Wrong....
Posted By: deflave Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/22/20
My Tundra started again this morning.

And it has one of the highest resale values out there.
Posted By: deflave Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/22/20
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I've owned multiples of all of 'em.....1/2T gassers with the exception of Dodge. The current F150's, Silverados, and Sierras run circles around any Tundra we've ever owned. Ain't even close, and before you say it, they've been just as reliable, many with over 200k,

That's really cool.
Posted By: 79S Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/22/20

[Linked Image from ]
Posted By: battue Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/22/20
There is one vehicle that will outlast the Tundra.

The Landcruiser....
Posted By: baldhunter Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/22/20
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by BLG

Clyde

Yeah, I highly doubt it's getting that kind of mileage. Mine averages 19mpg on highway trips.. That's actually better than my damn v6 Taco too...

OK for the non-believers,this work for you?
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: cv540 Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/22/20
Have found none of the mpg results compiled by the car company on board computers are accurate.

Do it the right way by dividing miles driven on a tank by gallons needed to fill it again and you will get true mpg.

Posted By: baldhunter Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/22/20

Originally Posted by cv540
Have found none of the mpg results compiled by the car company on board computers are accurate.

Do it the right way by dividing miles driven on a tank by gallons needed to fill it again and you will get true mpg.

I've checked it it's damn close.
Posted By: SeanD Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/22/20
Weird, tundra or domestic?

My tundra is pretty darn accurate on the MPG readout. I log all my data in Fuelly so I know the actual of each tank.
Posted By: battue Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/22/20
Try a 1000 mile trip at realistic highway speeds and get back with us.

If Toyota used those telling examples for avg MPG they would be taken to court for false advertising. Driving 34 to 40 miles on the flat, while the people passing you say there goes Mother Goose is good for a smile at best.

Classic example of figures lie.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/22/20
Anyone else know a few people that always get 2-4 mpg better than anyone else? I know its possible, sometimes, if one is driving for fuel economy above
all else.

Mostly,
I just call it bullshidt!
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/22/20

People who drive slower than 63 MPH tend to get better gas mileage because of wind drag ... but this applies to almost all trucks.

People who keep their foot out of their driving so they “don’t get cut off” by that Jerk... also get worse gas mileage.

smile
Posted By: BLG Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/22/20
Originally Posted by BLG

Clyde

No offense, but is this what you call 'highway" mileage? I could get my old 1999 dodge with 318 gas guzzler up to that if I went that slow too. Guess everyone's definition of highway is different.

Bring it on the interstate at 70 and let us know how it is then. Like I said, if it still gets 24-25mpg put it in the Smithsonian.

Clyde
Posted By: pal Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/22/20
...OK for the non-believers,this work for you?

This is proof your truck gets 25 mpg? Come on!

If I coast down a long hill with the engine off can I then claim 1,000,000 mpg?
Posted By: cv540 Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/22/20
Originally Posted by SeanD

My tundra is pretty darn accurate on the MPG readout. I log all my data in Fuelly so I know the actual of each tank.

"Fuelly" is an app I hadnt heard of, (actually never thought of a fuel mileage app but it only makes sense) and looks useful. Thanks for the idea.
Posted By: JMR40 Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/22/20
The current F150's, Silverados, and Sierras run circles around any Tundra we've ever owned. Ain't even close, and before you say it, they've been just as reliable, many with over 200k,

Toyota drivers don't even start talking about reliability until 400,000, 200K is nothing on a Toyota and there are several at or near 1 million miles on the original engine and transmission. That said my current 1/2 ton is a Ford and I don't have a single complaint. I also have a 13 year old Tacoma that has been a darn good truck too.

When you start comparing Toyota to Ford/Chevy/Dodge you have to consider the very different approach Toyota takes to building a truck. Since I'm more familiar with Ford I'll use them as an example, but I'm sure Chevy and Dodge are very similar.

When you look at the towing and payload specs for Toyota the truck you buy will come very close to actually matching it. Tundra only offers 2 engines and 2 axle ratios (3.90 and 4.30). They only offer 1 wheelbase with 3 cab styles all on the same frame. They will all come very close to pulling/hauling what is in the brochure.

Ford offers 4 engines and 4 axle ratios, their only V8 is closer in size to the smaller Tundra V8. The lowest gearing you can get in a Ford is 3.73, but those are rare. Most 4X4 F150's come with 3.31 or 3.55 gears. Most 4X2's have 3.15 gears. Then they offer 4 cab styles on 4 different wheel bases. (one specific to the Raptor). And the higher trim levels offered by Ford make the trucks curb weight so heavy that it really cuts into payload. When you buy a Ford the tow and payload ratings are all over the place and usually are no where near the advertised ratings in their brochures. Some Tacomas will haul/tow more than a LOT of the F150's on the road and MOST Tundra's will haul/tow a LOT more than MOST of the F150's on the road.

Properly equipped a F150 will pull a much heavier trailer and have much more payload than you can get in a Tundra. But you have to choose carefully if buying a Ford. Most of the trucks they build are not designed for the type of use most of us need a truck for.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/22/20
I would slightly disagree JMR.

Most people, including most of the use for most of our members
could be done by a VW Bug. Especially, if it was AWD and had better
ground clearance. Sure, I haul big loads in my truck, sure, it has been
in some nasty crap. Most of its mikes have been just hauling ass.
Mine.
Posted By: Judman Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/22/20
I got 2, a 04 with 133,000 miles, it’s my work/huntin rig, and a 18 crew max that doesn’t have 10,000 on it yet I use to pull the camp trailer trips etc. both great trucks, I’ve had Toyota pickups since I was 16, never own another brand..
Posted By: Judman Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/22/20
Dunno how folks get such good mileage, the 04 standard cab gets 14 mpg, my big one doesn’t get much better
Posted By: JPro Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/22/20
I've not owned a Tundra yet, but know several who have owned several. When I talk to them about their trucks, they never have any complaints except the MPG on the 5.7L models. They seem to be rather solid overall, just somewhat thirsty. The 4.0L Tacomas are much the same.
Posted By: deflave Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/23/20

Mine says 14.5-15.

Is mine wrong too?
Originally Posted by SeanD

A lot of Boomers are amazed to discover that a computer can do the math for you.
Originally Posted by BLG

No offense, but is this what you call 'highway" mileage? I could get my old 1999 dodge with 318 gas guzzler up to that if I went that slow too. Guess everyone's definition of highway is different.

Bring it on the interstate at 70 and let us know how it is then. Like I said, if it still gets 24-25mpg put it in the Smithsonian.

Clyde

Post a printout of your average speed.

Door to door.
Posted By: Remsen Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/23/20
While I'm no fan of Toyota trucks, my brother loves them. He used to crew an AC 130 and he said that they blow up really good.

[Linked Image from cdn.carbuzz.com]
Posted By: Judman Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/23/20
Reminds me of diesel owners getting 25-30 mpg!! 😂😂
Posted By: Judman Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/23/20
Originally Posted by Remsen
While I'm no fan of Toyota trucks, my brother loves them. He used to crew an AC 130 and he said that they blow up really good.

Haha
Posted By: Taco2fiddy7 Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/24/20

My 4Runner is generally within +/- .2mpg of what it says, often within .1mpg. Been using an app to keep track over these 30k miles. Overall 21.4 mpg using the app (odometer, gallons, price).

The Tundra I had was almost always .8mpg lower than what the truck claimed it was getting.
Posted By: 79S Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/24/20
Toyota Tundra is a very good looking truck.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/24/20
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image from ]

Looks like JG at it again...
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/24/20
Originally Posted by BLG
Originally Posted by BLG

Clyde

Clyde

Yeah, that is funny. I based my MPG on recent trips to Reno from my house (500 miles one way). Plenty of hills to climb and a lot of windy roads. 65-70 MPH... Not just flat freeway driving at 48 MPH on a downhill slope with the wind to my back....
Posted By: saskfox Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/24/20
Toyotas aren't very common here for some reason. I'm not implying they are not a good truck just a general observation.
Posted By: Judman Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/24/20
Don’t see many in Alberta or BC when I go up there either
Posted By: mudhen Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/24/20
We have had our Tundra for a little over 7 years and 225,000 miles, and it has made multiple trips to the Austin/San Antonio area of Texas each year, as well as a couple of trips to northwestern Colorado each year. Both destinations are 750+ miles one-way.

Trips to Texas are almost all interstate highway, and 80 mph is the normal cruising speed. The Colorado trips include maybe a couple hundred miles of interstate, but most of our route consists of a mix of state and federal highways with posted speed limits ranging from 55 to 70 mph. I rarely drive less than 5 mph over the posted speed limit, and my wife regularly exceeds that, especially on remote stretches where the posted speed limit is 55.

Long term highway mileage has averaged right around 17.5 mpg.

Posted By: JPro Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/24/20
mudhen, that is a 4x4 with stock-sized tires? 17.5mpg isn't awful in those conditions.
Posted By: mudhen Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/24/20
Originally Posted by JPro
mudhen, that is a 4x4 with stock-sized tires? 17.5mpg isn't awful in those conditions.

Yes, although I do run Hankook Dyna Pro ATM LTs.
Posted By: pal Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/24/20
My 2000 4x4 V-8 with work shell gets 11-12 mpg around town.
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/24/20
My 2014 , 5.7, 4x4 averages 15.7 around town and highway
Posted By: deflave Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/25/20
Originally Posted by Remsen

Originally Posted by Judman

Another two points to the Tundra.
Originally Posted by saskfox
Toyotas aren't very common here for some reason. I'm not implying they are not a good truck just a general observation.

Neither is free speech.

Looks like JG at it again...

Giving it his all.
Posted By: 79S Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/26/20
How do you guys afford these things? Last new car I bought was in 1998 and it was a 78 olds 88. My payment was $125 a month for 4 yrs. So can I expect similar payments with one these new trucks. $200 probably my max
Posted By: deerhunter5555 Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/26/20
Originally Posted by battue

The Landcruiser....

Do tell...
Posted By: deflave Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/27/20
Originally Posted by 79S
How do you guys afford these things? Last new car I bought was in 1998 and it was a 78 olds 88. My payment was $125 a month for 4 yrs. So can I expect similar payments with one these new trucks. $200 probably my max

My wife pays for it.
Posted By: Remsen Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/27/20
Originally Posted by 79S

My wife pays for it.

Mine too!

Posted By: Swift Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/28/20
Love my Tundra . Ten yrs old not a hitch in reliability.

Swift
Posted By: Wrongside Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/28/20

Lots around here and getting to be more all the time. Also, the further you go into the mountains around here, the higher Toyotas market share in the truck segment gets.
Posted By: sigguy Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/29/20
Mine has been a rock star. 12 years old and going strong. Hunting/Fishing/Towing/Hauling/Backroads/Offroads as well as soccer dad duty for kids. Love the ability to seat 6.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: My Toyota Tundra - 01/29/20

The Landcruiser....

OR..........

the Lexus LX 470/570 series.......

https://www.cars.com/research/lexus-lx_470/

even the Lexus GX 460 series l

learned a lot of the LC Prado 150 series in Europe....aka the GX 460 in the States

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Land_Cruiser_Prado
Posted By: Journeyman Re: My Toyota Tundra - 02/08/20
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by Journeyman

According to NHTSA, there have been 12 recalls for the 2004 Tundra. And 16 for the 2004 F-150.

I could really care less what NHTSA says for an entire product line. I assume you realize that recalls apply across the model year to various spec, trim, option variations. As i said:

MY 2004's, spec'd and trimmed as they were had ZERO issues with the Ford and 7 with the Toy...
Posted By: Judman Re: My Toyota Tundra - 02/08/20
Found out the hard way with the ball joints, even after they were replaced... $1200 tow bill, broke up tatla lake BC.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: My Toyota Tundra - 02/08/20
Found out the hard way with the ball joints, even after they were replaced... $1200 tow bill, broke up tatla lake BC.

Jap chit
Don’t hate the japs, look at swfa... 😘
Posted By: pal Re: My Toyota Tundra - 02/08/20
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Jap chit

Made in the USA.
Posted By: nemotheangler Re: My Toyota Tundra - 02/08/20

That was probably terrifying. Lost one on a 3rd gen 4runner at 35mph and that scared the schit outta me. Keep them VERY fresh on the 03 Taco'. Got so I can do them both in less than an hour.
Actually I’m probably the luckiest sumbitch alive. I was coming back from a moose hunt, 75-80 across the chilcotin hwy, cattle guards etc. to the right is the eagle mainline, stopped to take a piss, cranked the wheel to back out onto the highway, and she hit the concrete. Woulda been quite the rodeo had she failed cruising 80 mph!!! 😂😂
Posted By: 30338 Re: My Toyota Tundra - 02/08/20
Was bird hunting last January and other truck in the party did the splits going 70 mph right in front of me. Rear axle came apart but he got off to the shoulder. Looked just like that. Kind of funny. Ford.
Posted By: Hudge Re: My Toyota Tundra - 02/11/20
Originally Posted by tikkanut

The Landcruiser....

OR..........

the Lexus LX 470/570 series.......

https://www.cars.com/research/lexus-lx_470/

even the Lexus GX 460 series l

learned a lot of the LC Prado 150 series in Europe....aka the GX 460 in the States

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Land_Cruiser_Prado

I sure hope so, the wife has a GX 460. Stupid crap breaks on it. I just got it out of the shop today for the hood latch breaking, back in the summer, the latch to fold down the back seat broke off in my hand while trying to lay the seat down. Damn engine runs great though.
Posted By: Ray63 Re: My Toyota Tundra - 02/15/20
Not a tundra but I have a 96 T100 and it has 372K on it and the only thing that rattles is the bed.... that is about to rust off. 19 mpg and only had 2 u joints fixed. Just regular fixes on it. I have a 06 4runner with 188K and love it to death. I have had Toyota truck since 1980 and they just last. NOW>>> I do have a 2013 camry that I would like to give some democrap…......
Posted By: Journeyman Re: My Toyota Tundra - 02/17/20

My poor kid was driving mine the day that happened to ours...at the only frikken exit to his High School.

Blocked a couple hundred kids in.... I felt like crap for all the [bleep] he took...'til I found out all the sympathy he LATER got from half the girls in his class!! laugh
Posted By: EdM Re: My Toyota Tundra - 02/27/20
I had a painter drop by today to give a bid on the house. He was driving a 2014 like mine and commented he has had zero issues with 320K miles. Must be a fluke.
© 24hourcampfire