Home
Posted By: 375PigGuy Leather seat cleaner? - 02/26/20
Hello all.

My grey leather seats in the 15 Tundra are starting to get a bit brown and need a good cleaning. I use the Aerospace 303 on the interior for protection but it's not a very good cleaner. Amy suggestions for a good cleaner that's pretty easy to use?

Thanks for your help,

PigGuy
Get some leather "foam" mousse from WMT... mine look like new.
Posted By: 375PigGuy Re: Leather seat cleaner? - 02/26/20
Thanks for your reply, I’ll check it out.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Leather seat cleaner? - 03/01/20
Katskin leather recommends very mild soap such as Dove on their aftermarket leather seats.
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Leather seat cleaner? - 03/01/20
Lexol has done a good job for me, the make both a cleaner and a conditioner.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Leather seat cleaner? - 03/01/20
Originally Posted by 375PigGuy
Hello all.

My grey leather seats in the 15 Tundra are starting to get a bit brown and need a good cleaning. I use the Aerospace 303 on the interior for protection but it's not a very good cleaner. Amy suggestions for a good cleaner that's pretty easy to use?

Thanks for your help,

PigGuy

Good old saddle soap. Lather with a wet sponge. Wipe off with a clean soft rag.
Posted By: rnovi Re: Leather seat cleaner? - 03/05/20
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by 375PigGuy
Hello all.

Thanks for your help,

PigGuy

Good old saddle soap. Lather with a wet sponge. Wipe off with a clean soft rag.

Yep, and then hit it with a good conditioner like Lexol.
Posted By: 375PigGuy Re: Leather seat cleaner? - 03/05/20
Thanks for the tips everyone, I’ll try these out soon.
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Leather seat cleaner? - 05/20/20
I use Mother's VLP. Been using it on airplane interiors for years. I use it on my Katskin truck seats with great results. Others work too, this is just spray and wipe!
Posted By: Snowwolfe Re: Leather seat cleaner? - 05/20/20
All leather used in modern seats is coated. It cant be "reconditioned" with any type of fancy product because the product will never reach the actual leather. Any good cleaner will work if the seats are really dirty. But the first thing I would do is try a microfiber towel rinsed in warm water.
Posted By: hanco Re: Leather seat cleaner? - 05/21/20
I use mothers products too!
Posted By: 240NMC Re: Leather seat cleaner? - 06/24/20
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Lexol has done a good job for me, the make both a cleaner and a conditioner.

Work well for me. I do use a 3 inch light brush on a smaller buffer to work both products into the seats. Low speed buffing.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Leather seat cleaner? - 06/24/20
We bought our Toyota Highland as a demo last year with 7k miles. It has seat heaters and a/c so the leather is perforated to allow for air flow. You don't want any kind of spray products as it will squirt down through the 10 million little holes and gum up the works. We need to use stuff that can be put on a rag and wiped on/off.
© 24hourcampfire