Home
The engine is a Inline 6 258 4.2L. It sounded like it made it to the pan but I am not certain. I can not see it or fish it out with a magnet.
The only thing on that side is are the guide rods.

What are the odds of it not making it to the pan and causing an issue at the crank? I will drain the oil and slide a magnet around it in the next few days before I drive it.
Flexible Borescope?
Drain oil. Look in drain hole. Fish around with wire with small hook on end. Get one end at hole. Use magnet to fish out.
I inadvertently left a 9/16 socket on the timing gear on a 61 Ford years ago when rebuilding the engine. Starting up the engine it really rattled like hell for about 10 seconds then went quite. Two years later I dropped the pan to replace the oil pump and the socket rolled down the drive way. As far as I could tell it never hurt anything
I hate it when that happens.
Assuming this is a Jeep? I agree with the magnet in the oil drain... it more than likely made it down.
Well I couldn’t find the damn thing. Drained the oil and fished around to no avail. Put it back together and ran it.

I feel pretty confident that it made it though to the plan so I put a magnetic plug bolt on it. We will see if it shows up.
How difficult would it be to drop the pan?
© 24hourcampfire