Home
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Oil at four year low.. - 03/06/20
Braaaaap....

You could get hammered buying overpriced ammo...

Or buy your other fun fuel.
Oil .Then use your savings to fund ammo when it drops back down..

Just a thought.
Posted By: Whiptail Re: Oil at four year low.. - 03/07/20

It could go lower but I agree that it's time to start shopping.
Posted By: horse1 Re: Oil at four year low.. - 03/07/20
After reading your title I was thinking, "Well, just add some then".
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Oil at four year low.. - 03/08/20
We just got back from a trip to Vancouver, WA. Gas over thataway is still $3 or higher. Here in so. Idaho it's down to 2.37 at Wally's and Costco. State gas taxes over there are higher, though. OR is .36, WA is .49 while ID is .33. In OR you have to pay a pump jockey, too.
Posted By: dubePA Re: Oil at four year low.. - 03/08/20
Pump prices on 87 octane have been all over the place here in the past month or so (south central PA). Was up around $2.69 for most of February, then dropped over several weeks to $2.61. Down to $2.59, then dropped a few more cents, back up to $2.59 again for about a week. Yesterday locally, it went to $2.50.Two days before that, it was $2.54.

Last I knew, PA has a state tax of 50 cents for gas, higher for diesel, maybe 64 cents?
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Oil at four year low.. - 03/08/20
Most of the pumps here in so. Idaho have 85 octane. It works just fine in cars that require 87 because of the altitude. 87 is only needed at low elevations. The price difference here is about a dime. I'm not sure where the line is on elevation where you need 87. We're a bit over 3500.
Posted By: dubePA Re: Oil at four year low.. - 03/08/20
Price correction needed here. Headed out the road this afternoon and now it's $2.47. Maybe it'll be free by Easter? laugh
Posted By: TheKid Re: Oil at four year low.. - 03/08/20
I had to run to the TX state line yesterday and filled up down there for 1.79.
Posted By: EdM Re: Oil at four year low.. - 03/09/20
Always sub-two bucks here.
The price you pay for gas has a lot to do with the cost of refining, additives, freight, and the considerable amount of taxes that are levied on each gallon by states. Some more, some less.
© 24hourcampfire