Home
I've seen several road construction companies with strobe lights (white/orange) in their factory brake light assemblies when being piloted through construction zones.

Anybody have any insight into how these are being set up?

Replacement bulbs?

Seems too easy.

Been Googling, but must be missing something.
I found this...3rd brake strobe

It also, looks like you can get the colored LED bulbs.

This is for Ford, but I am sure you can get it for other models. replacement 3rd brake light strobe
It's common in Europe to have the brake lights strobe. I think it's technically illegal in the U.S., the DOT mandates that they're supposed to be constant. I had a BMW 535i that I had a computer whiz reprogram to get rid of a bunch of the annoying factory settings. He asked me if I wanted to make the brake lights strobe since that was an option in the programming that wasn't enabled for U.S. cars and he could override it.
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
It's common in Europe to have the brake lights strobe. I think it's technically illegal in the U.S., the DOT mandates that they're supposed to be constant. I had a BMW 535i that I had a computer whiz reprogram to get rid of a bunch of the annoying factory settings. He asked me if I wanted to make the brake lights strobe since that was an option in the programming that wasn't enabled for U.S. cars and he could override it.

If you're a stickler for being legal, it's easy to just add another light so you have the required 3 steady brake lights plus a strobe.
Thanks guys.

Figured it out

https://www.wickedwarnings.com/product/led-haw-duo/
© 24hourcampfire