Home
Posted By: 100grNP Water hole archery chair? - 08/11/20
I'm headed to a very dry at the moment unit and very well may be spending quite a bit of time sitting on my ass. Anyone have any recommendations for a comfortable/portable chair to use in a make shift brush blind?
helinox.....
There are lots of Helinox clones on the market for far less money. Some are good, some aren't One problem with that type of chair is getting out of it to shoot without getting a lot more mobile than you like. There's no rigid frame to push down against to get up. You might need to roll sideways onto a knee, depending on the chair. Whether you can shoot sitting in it is up to you. I've never tried it.

I have one like this from Trekology for half the money of a Helinox. I sat in both and really can't tell much difference, certainly not $50 worth of difference. I can get out of this one fairly easy but still with more gyrations than is good for a blind.

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]
Posted By: dale06 Re: Water hole archery chair? - 08/11/20
I don’t except to say those three legged Tripp’s ones get pretty uncomfortable in a hurry.
I usually try to find a stump or fallen log behind some brush to sit on when I'm watching a wallow, spring or pond for elk. I've never hauled in a folding chair, but do have a cushion that came on my turkey vest that I've used.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Water hole archery chair? - 08/11/20
Regardless of brand, I would not purchase anything involving plastic components. I'd also suggest one tall enough to shoot from without a need to stand.
Posted By: GF1 Re: Water hole archery chair? - 08/11/20
I really like this chair. Easy to set up, comfortable. I actually was sitting in it when I shot my last caribou.

https://www.rei.com/product/157984/rei-co-op-flexlite-norwell-macro-chair
Originally Posted by GF1
I really like this chair. Easy to set up, comfortable. I actually was sitting in it when I shot my last caribou.

https://www.rei.com/product/157984/rei-co-op-flexlite-norwell-macro-chair
That's very similar to a couple I got at Costco last month except without the fleece. $30 each.
Someone on here cued me in on Walkstool a few years ago. Used mine a lot last year in CO during archery elk and expect to again this year. I use the XXL and it’s comfortable without having to fidget and I can shoot easily while sitting on it. Very easy to pack also

I also have the Helinox swivel chair. But like the Walkstool much more.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Water hole archery chair? - 08/14/20
I bought a helinox swivel for my wife when she was rehabbing from knee surgery. I could easily carry it assembled on my pack and she could use it as needed. They are great and we now have 2 which fold up very small for travelling. Helinox makes a floorpiece which allows them to be used on snow or soft ground and is very useful. We have used them weekly for the past 2 years w/ no problems, great coyote stand chairgrin

The swivel chair is a little higher and is easy to stand up from gracefully.

mike r
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Water hole archery chair? - 08/16/20
Walkstool, Ive had one for about 10 years love it.
Posted By: rgrx1276 Re: Water hole archery chair? - 08/16/20
Originally Posted by huntsman22
helinox.....

Yep. Use the same.
© 24hourcampfire