Home
Posted By: WITUfan High Success Late Cow Hunt - 02/14/21
Has anyone done an outfitted or trespass fee type of late season cow hunt? I would like to take my teenage son. Due to school and sports schedule, it would need to be in November or December. I am just doing preliminary research and it would likely be 2022 since we have something else planned for the fall. I would like to find something that doesn’t cost a fortune and has a high probability of success. It makes no difference to me if I hunt or not. Any suggestions on places/ranches/outfitters to consider?
Several of the RFW ranchers willd sell reduced rate cow hunts after their bull hunts.TheRFW hunts are COresidnestonly,but ibnreturn for therances giving outafe wtags to resdienst they get a lot of paying customers too. that can be residenstor Nonresidents. In the Colorado BG brochure there are names of the RFW ranches and you can Google contact info rorm there
Posted By: elkmen1 Re: High Success Late Cow Hunt - 02/21/21
There are several ranches in Utah that sell cow hunts, they provide cabins, directions, as well as taking care of the game. Do I have a name no, but the internet is a great resource.
Posted By: elkmen1 Re: High Success Late Cow Hunt - 02/21/21
There are several ranches in Utah that sell cow hunts, they provide cabins, directions, as well as taking care of the game. Do I have a name no, but the internet is a great resource.
tag
Posted By: Futura Re: High Success Late Cow Hunt - 02/21/21
New Mexico too
Posted By: WAM Re: High Success Late Cow Hunt - 02/21/21
Wagonhound Outfitters in Wyoming was a December cow hunt a friend of mine went on a couple years ago.
https://www.wagonhoundoutfitters.com/about/
tag
Posted By: wytex Re: High Success Late Cow Hunt - 02/21/21
Wyoming has cow seasons that go into January in many areas. Reduced price cow tags are a random draw too.
Maybe Werner Ranch, Spur Outfitters, Wy-Con outfitters, Tyler Sims, Iron Mountain Ranch.
Timber Canyon Ranch Outfitting, north of Laramie Wyoming. I have hunted there multiple times. They take young hunters (12 years old and up) and have done so for years. Tyler Willis is honest, and a great guy as well. I highly recommend.
Tag
Tag
Posted By: WITUfan Re: High Success Late Cow Hunt - 02/28/21
Thanks for the replies. I will look into some of those options.
Tag
TAG
Posted By: Alex38 Re: High Success Late Cow Hunt - 03/30/21
Tag
Dec means the elk can be on winter range. Lot's of those are public land and at much lower altitude. No need to pay for more than the tag to hunt.
© 24hourcampfire