Home
You experienced elk hunters, how many young guys do you bring with you to pack out your elk?

Can you get away with just one, if he's a hard worker?

Horses, mules, and llamas don't count.
Me brings along myself and I. So two young guys.
I’ve done it solo. But I’m now 40, and have other options so I’d rather not do that again. And I generally don’t elk hunt solo anymore either. 2 guys my age is a good number. But three of us with packs isn’t enough to get an elk out in one load if you have significant distance or elevation to climb.
So 1 human total is a minimum, but not preferred. And I have goats now.
Your post made me laugh - I used to be the young guy. It doesn't take more than one elk kill miles from the road to realize that hunting near a road has it's advantages. I shot a small cow a few years ago and we had a 20 year-old Army infantry soldier in camp. Super cool kid and he had legs like a draft horse. He literally ran to me after hearing I shot one and said load me up. He (mostly he) and I packed that thing out in one trip. If it was a big bull, I think you'll need at least three guys for the meat while you carry the head/rack.
Originally Posted by exbiologist
I’ve done it solo. But I’m now 40..... .

LOL, depending on your perspective, 40 could very well be the young guy.....
I used to hunt off horses quite a bit and do still some, but haven't for elk in a while. 10 years or so.

I have only had help from other people getting two elk out that I have killed, ever. 2003 and 2016. The rest were completely solo and honestly, I prefer it that way. I like the exercise.
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I . I like the exercise.

What are you doing this fall?
I bred and raised my own packer.

Easier that way. like TinyCOCK, I’m usually solo and enjoy the pack out.

The real question is, who packs in a hot little cook?
Originally Posted by SLM
I bred and raised my own packer.

Easier that way. like TinyCOCK, I’m usually solo and enjoy the pack out.

The real question is, who packs in a hot little cook?

Now we're getting somewhere, to the important stuff. I've packed out a few solo myself and like you and Tiny, I enjoy that part of it. Mainly because it means I got what I came for, but also for the physicality of it.

The real reason for the OP was to mention something that really matters, other than caliber and premium bullets. Along those lines I was gonna do a thread on the minimum number of miles on your boots before they're broken in for an elk hunt, but that would've gotten zero replies......
Read you loud and clear.

It’s funny how many threads here and everywhere else about bullets, rifles and how “tough” elk are to kill, but very little about the stuff that actually makes or breaks the hunt before and after the shot.

A good 15 to 20 on the Zamberlans before they go anywhere.

Think I’m going to start recruiting 20 to 30 year old females at the gym and start a Sherpa business.
When hunting Alaska for Moose, we found that the average Moose required 11 man-trips to pack out, if that's any help.
Originally Posted by smokepole
Along those lines I was gonna do a thread on the minimum number of miles on your boots before they're broken in for an elk hunt, but that would've gotten zero replies......

My Salomon boots always seem to come already broken in off the shelf for some reason.
Originally Posted by SLM

It’s funny how many threads here and everywhere else about bullets, rifles and how “tough” elk are to kill, but very little about the stuff that actually makes or breaks the hunt before and after the shot.

Welcome to the 'Fire...grin..

Where 99% of topics relate to 1% of what it takes to be successful and have a good hunt....
Originally Posted by GregW
Originally Posted by SLM

Welcome to the 'Fire...grin..

Where 99% of topics relate to the 1% of what it takes to be successful and have a good hunt....

Isn't that the truth...
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Along those lines I was gonna do a thread on the minimum number of miles on your boots before they're broken in for an elk hunt, but that would've gotten zero replies......

My Salomon boots always seem to come already broken in off the shelf for some reason.

Same with my Lowa Renegades, they need very little break-in. I used to think they were on the soft side, but now that my feet are old and cranky they seem just about right.
Originally Posted by Biebs
When hunting Alaska for Moose, we found that the average Moose required 11 man-trips to pack out, if that's any help.

Damn that's a lotta meat!

Damn that's a lotta meat!

I've been told that before.
For a decent sized Roosevelt we usually try to do it in four trips. Whether it’s yourself doing all four or you and a pal doing two or four guys doing it all at once is up to you. Done smaller bulls in two packs if it’s short mileage but that’s not preferable.
Originally Posted by SLM
Read you loud and clear.

Think I’m going to start recruiting 20 to 30 year old females at the gym and start a Sherpa business.

You be a millionaire in a couple years!! Haha that’s a hellava idea!!
Raghorn was 2 heavy trips boned. Bigger-than-raghorn-but-not-a-monster took 3 trips boned, including camp. Seems it would be a really big elk that required more than 2 trips for 2 guys, not including camp.

A big AK bull moose can be done in 6 bone-in if you nest one shoulder into a rib cage for a trip, but I figured that one out after taking one shoulder out by itself, so 7 trips it was. Those loads are heavy though; I'd not carry those loads uphill. Probably 9 or 10 trips if uphill. Wife and I did one in 8 trips (4 each), boned, but we were a lot younger and tougher then! A boned moose neck plus backstraps is a pretty solid load. Flank/trim, tenders, liver and horns for the last load. Add a load for a big cape and skull.
Seriously though, I kind of want to hunt elk on horseback. Maybe not completely exclusively. When horseback riding in central Colorado, I often have bumped into elk far more regularly when travelling on foot. Also, just seems like it would be fun.

Only experience is 2 cows. Wife and I each 2 trips. In our 50s. Big bull may require another round trip
Have a good bud who just packed out a tatanka. Solo. On his back. Round trip was 8 miles. Took him 14 trips and he's a badass....
I'm not a badass anymore, so I cheat......
Originally Posted by huntsman22

He's 54....grin...
Tatanka packing. As an old-timer once said, "now that's man's work."
Have a good bud who just packed out a tatanka. Solo. On his back. Round trip was 8 miles. Took him 14 trips and he's a badass....

Think I am just going to have the butcher come out with his kill truck and take care of my steer. No 14 trips for me! A big mulie is one thing, a bison is something in a different realm....
He's 54, 150 soaking wet and a badass.....

Took him only 2 1/2 days. Luckily it was cold...
The most badass guy I ever packed a load with was 145 soaking wet.

Sheep guide, smoked my ass. I told him "remind me to never pick a fight with a sheep guide."

Like momma said, if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tuff.
Five middle aged guys, but it was a Roosevelt, four of them were studs.
You experienced elk hunters, how many young guys do you bring with you to pack out your elk?

Well.......
I packed out my Utah bull all by my lonesome.

My son and I killed our Colorado bulls a 100 yds and 3 seconds apart. I did notice by the time I got to the truck with my 1st load my 21 year old son was already back at the kill site strapping on another load. Doesn't seem that long ago I was hearing "Wait dad". "Slow down dad".............

In both cases it was relatively flat ground but some really thick azz timber. It's been a while since I have had to carry an elk on my back, but but at 64 years old it wasn't as bad as I feared.

I can't remember how to post a pic from the gallery so here's the link blush

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/15828858/packing-elk
I have only shot bison from the rear tire of a jd7210, single pack trip. I would grumble a great deal if packing a whole bison out very far.
My niece shot her first elk last fall. We quartered and brought it out in 4 trips. She carried a lot of it.
She is maybe a buck and quarter with the pack and elk on.
Mile and a half in with a large ridge between kill and truck.
She was pretty thrilled.
Hell of a business model.

Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by SLM
Read you loud and clear.

You be a millionaire in a couple years!! Haha that’s a hellava idea!!
That is a badass.

All that just reaffirms my theory that the bigger a guy is and more muscle they have, the more weight they need to pack up and around in the mountains. Every time I hear folks recommending to newbie elk hunters to gain muscle (as opposed to just getting in better shape) I always think back to my days of hunting with University of Idaho football players. Great athletes they were, but I'll be damned if they could make it a mile up a ridge with only a relatively light pack on. Getting an elk out? They never even could get to the elk to shoot one.

I'm 6' 1" and 155 lbs. I love being a bad ass.

All that just reaffirms my theory that the bigger a guy is and more muscle they have, the more weight they need to pack up and around in the mountains. Every time I hear folks recommending to newbie elk hunters to gain muscle (as opposed to just getting in better shape) I always think back to my days of hunting with University of Idaho football players. Great athletes they were, but I'll be damned if they could make it a mile up a ridge with only a relatively light pack on. Getting an elk out? They never even could get to the elk to shoot one.

My experience with hunting with skinny underweight people is uniformly poor: slow going up, slower going down, and glacial with a load. Very limiting.
Huh....interesting. Thanks for that perspective but I have never been told that before, at least on a uniform basis.

I've seen a roughly even mix of skinny, mid sized and even some bigger dudes be able to run the mountains, but as a rule the bigger they are (not just gutted or fat, but also meatheads that can bench a fridge) the slower they have been. Some still make it because they're determined to, but are usually slower getting there. I've seen plenty of bean poles that can't make it either, but it is more mental on their part than physical, I think. I am sure exceptions exist on all levels.
I was talking to some movers about this once, when they were moving our furniture. An example of one, but they said basically that smaller wiry guys did better than big beefy guys, moving furniture.

They were small wiry guys and did some impressive stuff.

I think a lot of it has to do with how a guy trains and comes by the bulk. I see some big dudes in the gym that look like they could move mountains but I never see them lifting a lot of weight. Just a lot of reps to build bulk.

Then there are the normal-looking unassuming guys that load up the squat rack and do twice their weight with no problem.
My partner and I once brought out an elk 4 miles on a loggng road in a garden variety wheel barrow. Granted, it was mostly down hill. The few uphill spots we encountered weren't nearly as much fun as you'd expect. It sure beat back packing it.

I would tend to agree with the theory but man, I've seen some big guys do some things too, both overweight and muscular. I'd agree with your theory but I think it just comes down to the dude.
.... I think it just comes down to the dude.

In post-boot camp MCT, in 98-degree tempts, we each humped about 90-lbs 23.5 miles up a mountain range; down that range; to the beach; along the beach; and up another mountain range in 5.5 hours. It easily was the hardest thing I ever did physically. After 4 months of continuous, mostly-vice-free physical training, 30% of our unit couldn't do it and dropped out. I barely made it. 6'-5" 250-lb Private Brown, who was all muscle, wasn't really even winded at any point carrying the same load.

I think one variable is that some people's lungs are more efficient at processing oxygen than others. IIRC, aside from the doping, Lance Armstrong's lungs could process something like 30% more oxygen in a certain amount of time than an average male of his same size. Just good genetics.
in response to the OP......

more than I have available!

fortunately, two of our group are 16-17 and in good teenager shape. I hope to test their carrying capacity this October. smile

I was very fortunate on my last bull to have access to my ~23 year old cousin. had just graduated college where he started on the football team (QB). he was about to enter the Navy and become a SEAL. he washed out during Hell Week, but was a helluva packer for me! he carried a ham and a shoulder out in a single haul, bone in. Brutal load. if you ever see this thread....."THANKS TRENT!"
I have hauled a lot of elk out in 45 years. Not once did some young guy offer to help me pack one out or even to help me lift the quarters up on my mule. I have heck of lot of them ask me to pack their elk out on my mules though
I am 75 and can still pack one out by myself, our pack outs are usually around 2.5 miles and downhill. It takes me a couple of days. I also have young guys to help when they are around.,

I think one variable is that some people's lungs are more efficient at processing oxygen than others. IIRC, aside from the doping, Lance Armstrong's lungs could process something like 30% more oxygen in a certain amount of time than an average male of his same size. Just good genetics.

An article I read way back when, about successful Everest climbers, stated that the older climbers processed oxygen better than those younger,. I don't know where the age cut off was, but on also has to think about muscle mass, and strength, which also determine success.
Originally Posted by elkmen1

An article I read way back when, about successful Everest climbers, stated that the older climbers processed oxygen better than those younger,. I don't know where the age cut off was, but on also has to think about muscle mass, and strength, which also determine success.

Interesting. I haven't studied it, but some people seem to fare better than others at high altitudes aside from physical conditioning.

When I lived in Denver metro, I could climb the 14ers without problem. When I lived in Texas, even when I camped out around tree-line for days before doing it, it was much more of a chore.
How many? One and the keys to the 4 wheeler.
I've watched a guy rattle off consecutive 400m runs at right around a minute for college football conditioning. Big deal, right? He was 6'6 and 260 lbs, and we seldom ran 400s.

As for furniture movers, the one crew I watched had a couple of average size Samoans, and one guy who went about 6'4 and 275. He could do about double what either of the other two could.

The "I smoked a collegiate linebacker while hunting" stories on here are never not entertaining, along with excuses made to not get strong. Why wouldn't you train to where all your heavy backpacking motions were sub-maximal to the point of not even causing soreness the next day?

I would tend to agree with the theory but man, I've seen some big guys do some things too, both overweight and muscular. I'd agree with your theory but I think it just comes down to the dude.

Cardio, muscle endurance, muscle strength, bodyweight, flexibility, agility on the terrain at hand, elevation acclamation. Its a combination of all those things and how they fit the current situation. A dude on the tundra packing caribou might smoke your ass but get him on a lava rock hillside at 8000 feet and you do the same to him.
Originally Posted by Vek

The "I smoked a collegiate linebacker while hunting" stories on here are never not entertaining, along with excuses made to not get strong. Why wouldn't you train to where all your heavy backpacking motions were sub-maximal to the point of not even causing soreness the next day?

Well, since that was directed to me, I don't believe I ever smoked a college linebacker or said you wouldn't want to do strength training for backpacking. In fact, I believe one of the biggest benefits of training is not being sore, and being able to bounce back day after day.
Tinman is the one who smoked the linebacker, but he’s not the first.

You had the mini-marvel-movers.
Originally Posted by Vek

Originally Posted by Vek

Ha! Maybe....

I for sure was typing faster than I was thinking in my post yesterday and could have phrased it better, however I never made "excuses" or even suggested "to not get strong".
I said "the bigger a guy is and more muscle they have, the more weight they need to pack up and around in the mountains" and that "gaining muscle (as opposed to just getting in better shape)" isn't necessarily the best move to make, as more muscle generally requires more oxygen and energy. There's always exceptions, on both sides of the equation. I think Judman here is one of those exceptions.

Being mentally prepared is the biggest factor, regardless of physical strength or physiology. The second biggest factor I'd guess is core strength. There are some big dudes who can hike and pack pretty damn well no doubt but I do believe the ratio of people like that are fewer overall. That's just my experience. Yours may differ.

I did smoke a tight end though, just not in the way you do.
Originally Posted by Vek

I'm just telling you what the movers told me. But you can take it or leave it because obviously, you know more about moving furniture than some guys who only do it for a living.
I don't remember ever having more then myself and one partner packing elk. I have done several by myself. One thing we did was use 2 pack boards each. That way we could leap frog on the way out and not have to go all the way back the second time. Usually took 2 trips with help and 4 by my self. The last one I did by my self was 3 years ago. But that was only about a 100 yards. I am 74.
MtWarden referred to this a few times in the workout thread....Good info...

https://www.uphillathlete.com/produ...ism-a-manual-for-the-climber-as-athlete/

https://www.uphillathlete.com/why-we-wrote-training-for-the-uphill-athlete/

Seriously though, I kind of want to hunt elk on horseback. Maybe not completely exclusively. When horseback riding in central Colorado, I often have bumped into elk far more regularly when travelling on foot. Also, just seems like it would be fun.

All my really bad experiences when elk hunting involve horses. When it goes well, it's great though.
Originally Posted by Vek

I'm just telling you what the movers told me. But you can take it or leave it because obviously, you know more about moving furniture than some guys who only do it for a living.

Watching a 275lb Samoan who does it for a living better than his smaller peers leaves an impression. You are obviously MORE correct, though, because of your movers' anecdotes.
I have a buddy who killed and packed out 10 Dall rams on foot. He does the leapfrog pack routine. The one he killed on his 60th birthday he packed 28 miles to the truck.

I’m not that tough but I can haul a hindquarter and backstraps and loose meat in one load or both fronts. Normally though it isn’t necessary since I’m usually not in any great big hurry.

Me and horses don’t go together, my horsehide belt is the only use I have for them. Did meet a couple up on the mountain a couple years ago with a string of llamas carrying out a nice 6x6. The guy was nice enough but the wife and the llamas seemed kinda ornery.

I 6’4” and 205 for whatever that’s worth
Originally Posted by Vek
Originally Posted by Vek

Watching a 275lb Samoan who does it for a living better than his smaller peers leaves an impression. You are obviously MORE correct, though, because of your movers' anecdotes.

I’m not taking sides here, but IME samples of 1 are usually not reliable bases for forming general opinions.
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by Vek
Originally Posted by Vek

I’m not taking sides here, but IME samples of 1 are usually not reliable bases for forming general opinions.

I was kind of thinking the same thing, "battle of the anecdotes." I never said my example was anything but an anecdote. Anecdotes with Samoans must be less anecdotal.
Anecdote: by the unit or by the pound?
My last bull was five trips including the cape and rack.
Guy could go to the local Home Depot first thing in the morning, get a truckload of Mexicans and drink beer while they hump it out. 😂😂
Guy could go to the local Home Depot first thing in the morning, get a truckload of Mexicans and drink beer while they hump it out. 😂😂

Do they work as hard as livestock? grin
God damn right they do, oughta watch em plant trees out here!! 😂

Ha! Need to mark 7/11’s on OnX from now on whistle
😂😂
Once I get my business rolling, you guys will be using “Tits and Tags” for all your packing needs.
He'll ya, your bidness model is the best, 👍
Originally Posted by SLM
Once I get my business rolling, you guys will be using “Tits and Tags” for all your packing needs.

I’ll take pack team #1 please.

You think we can just pin them out in the grass like a llama? They need a bunch of extra attention?
I’ll do my best to weed out the high maintenance ones, but stake them out at your own risk.

I will supply them with proper attire to lay out in the sun when weather permits.

Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by SLM

I’ll take pack team #1 please.

You think we can just pin them out in the grass like a llama? They need a bunch of extra attention?
Great marketing plan but I question the execution strategy. The gals that can pack the loads generally won't be the ones you can put on the cover of your brochures. And if you find some that fit the bill for both, your clients are gonna propose on the spot and steal 'em away......
Just about any fit woman is better than looking at a hairy legged Jud or Beretzs.
TinyCOCK, don’t take that as an invitation to text another pic of your shaved legs in lingerie.

Sick bastid.
tuffest and strongest old elk hunter i ever seen was a dirty old milk farmer who also did carpenter work,was about 6 ft. even 175 lbs had a beat up old rusty 30-06 Savage bolt rifle used a screw driver ,pliers and hammer on the scope night before season on that beat up old rifle. he could walk all day up and down mountains and always killed a bull elk and never asked for help, and always had his blue collar bibs on and a old dirty orange vest on and yellow farm gloves on , it took 3 - 4 trips for him with his bull to get back to camp and he just thru the quarters on the ground. but i never ever seen a man like that,decent guy kinda fun to drink beer with with but he sure was dirty always. but last 10 years have always been with my son and he does well too haulin meat on his back !
In rugged country, downhill, with snow, one trip dragging the entire animal. Bone in, five trips for 4 quarters then the head. Boned out, two trips.
Originally Posted by SLM
TinyCOCK, don’t take that as an invitation to text another pic of your shaved legs in lingerie.

Sick bastid.

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

I've seen them sling a hoedad for 10 hours nearly non stop, all the while navigating nasty cutover, then play soccer when they got done. Freaking machines.
I have packed out bull elk by myself twice. Each time was a 1-2 mile pack. Just packed out each of the four quarters, the blackstrap, what meat I could whittle off the neck, and head. Did the first time when I was 46, second time when I was 48.

Neither time was easy, but because of the terrain, the second time was easier.

When I got home after the first elk I packed out, I didn’t want to move for almost 2 days.

If I were you, I would bring as many young folks as you could.
I'll be 60 in June. I'm 5'10" tall and 150 (or a bit less) pounds. I can still pack out an elk from anywhere even if I don't like it.
I eat a whole food, low inflammation, plant based diet.
I work out for what I call "lean strength" with an emphasis on cardio/stair climbing and push ups/pull ups added (an Arabian will bury a Quarter Horse in the mountains).
Mental toughness can't be taught.
Desire can't be taught.
Some aspects of endurance are just genetic gifts. I have many of these gifts in spades. I realize they are gifts.
I haven't had anyone help me pack out an elk in 21 years. All mine come out miles-in from public ground, and unfortunately sometimes from super-steep, blow-down ridden hellholes. I don't like those spots.
Last bull I packed out was when I was 55 from one such hell hole. Took 3 trips. I can still carry 80+ lbs, but don't like it one bit.
I missed last season due to Covid (first missed hunting season in 33 years).
I passed on a number of lesser bulls since my last 6x6 kill in 2016. I'm happy not to punch a tag.
I'm likely not the toughest or smartest elk hunter.
I'm not a meat hunter (though as far as red meat goes, elk is as good as it gets). I hunt for the best, oldest specimen in a given area I can find. If I can't find that type animal I don't pull the trigger.
A couple key guys in my life really gave me some helpful bits of information that helped me early on... I've tried to pay that forward to a couple guys I think deserve the information.

Couple rambling thought's...
Originally Posted by Brad
I'll be 60 in June. I'm 5'10" tall and 150 (or a bit less) pounds. I can still pack out an elk from anywhere even if I don't like it.
I work out for what I call "lean strength" with an emphasis on cardio/stair climbing and push ups/pull ups added (an Arabian will bury a Quarter Horse in the mountains).
Desire can't be taught.
Some aspects of endurance are just genetic gifts. I have many of these gifts in spades. I realize they are gifts.
I haven't had anyone help me pack out an elk in 21 years. All mine come out miles-in from public ground, and unfortunately sometimes from super-steep, blow-down ridden hellholes. I don't like those spots.
Last bull I packed out was when I was 55 from one such hell hole. Took 3 trips. I can still carry 80+ lbs, but don't like it one bit.
I passed on a number of lesser bulls since my last 6x6 kill in 2016. I'm happy not to punch a tag.
I'm not a meat hunter (though as far as red meat goes, elk is as good as it gets). I hunt for the best, oldest specimen in a given area I can find. If I can't find that type animal I don't pull the trigger.
A couple key guys in my life really gave me some helpful bits of information that helped me early on... I've tried to pay that forward to a couple guys I think deserve the information.

Good post, but the bolded point is debatable. I think I've taught it to my boys.

I also think every Marine from my Boot Camp platoon would think otherwise.
Desire can't be taught.

Good post, but the bolded point is debatable. I think I've taught it to my boys.

I doubt you taught it to your boys. They’re your boys. You’re just encouraging/nurturing in them what’s already there.

You don’t join the Marines without a fair bit of mental toughness already. You join the Navy instead (kidding).The Core just encourages and brings out what’s there. I’d reference my father in law, a Marine and forward gunnery observer who made three Pacific landings under heavy fire, and was finally wounded on Pelielu. He joined the Marines BECAUSE he was mentally tough. They just refined what he already possessed.

And “mental toughness” is essentially impossible to separate from desire.

I stand by my point.
Desire can't be taught.

I agree with Brad, mental and physical toughness can’t be taught, either you got it, or ya don’t.
I doubt you taught it to your boys. They’re your boys. You’re just encouraging/nurturing in them what’s already there.

You don’t join the Marines without a fair bit of mental toughness already. You join the Navy instead (kidding).The Core just encourages and brings out what’s there. I’d reference my father in law, a Marine and forward gunnery observer who made three Pacific landings under heavy fire, and was finally wounded on Pelielu. He joined the Marines BECAUSE he was mentally tough. They just refined what he already possessed.

And “mental toughness” is essentially impossible to separate from desire.

I stand by my point.

Again, good intelligent post. Though, just by example, I think the tough backpacking hunts I took them on beginning at age 9 steeled them a bit.

Similarly, I recalled after all my Marine training and Desert Storm experiences (granted, that was, by comparison, an easy war), hearing others say things like "I had to stay up all night last night" for work or whatever, "and it was the hardest thing I ever have done." If I had to say up all night, I wouldn't consider that the hardest thing I ever had done. I think being pushed to your real, not perceived, limits in whatever context, even as a young adult, can change your level of resilience.

By another general example, it's fairly accepted that the more effectively and harder troops and units are trained impacts their mental ability to handle the worst in combat later. That certainly is true of troops who already have been in combat. They're generally more able to deal with it.

For example, assume that the first set of scenes in Saving Private Ryan is fairly accurate, generally, as a depiction of war. If those same troops had not been mentally toughened by training or previous combat experience, even if they had been technically trained for the task, I think there is no way they make it up and over those bluffs under fire.

Just a whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger philosophy, though taken to extreme, that's not true of course.

JMHO.

You don’t join the Marines without a fair bit of mental toughness already. You join the Navy instead (kidding).

LOL.
I'd tend to agree with Marinehawk but it boils down to what you mean by "taught."

You can't learn it in a classroom. But I guarantee if you took identical twins and separated them at birth and one grew up on a farm working from a young age and the other was raised by a couple of gay interior decorators in NYC, I could pick the one most likely to hump an elk out on his back.

You might call that nurturing what's already there, but it's also learned behavior.
I have been fortunate to hunt Alaska 8 times. It was there I finally realized that mental toughness was just as important than physical toughness. If the mental part breaks down, the physical suffers and visa versa. So I now mentally prepare for bad weather, no game sightings, long hikes at altitude, treacherous creek crossings and whatever else can occur.
I accept all that as part of the hunt and realize that punching the tag is not the sole reason for doing all this.
On my last hunt, I didn't spot one caribou until the morning of the tenth day - the last day. While physically worn down, I had the mental attitude that the 10th day lasted all day and could deliver success at any time. That average bull means more to me than a B&C monster - cause other than a nice trophy and great meat, it taught me a valuable lesson.
Originally Posted by LowerRiver
For a decent sized Roosevelt we usually try to do it in four trips. Whether it’s yourself doing all four or you and a pal doing two or four guys doing it all at once is up to you. Done smaller bulls in two packs if it’s short mileage but that’s not preferable.

Agreeing....The goal on the average bull is 4 trips. Straps and t-loins going in the shoulder bags. Ass ends are fooking heavy!

🦫
Originally Posted by SLM
That is a badass.

Jeebus ! No words about that dude, except *Stud*.

😳🦫
Don’t you guys winch most out beave? Ol man used a Lewis winch on my second bull up toutle in 95, didn’t even get 1 pull, I ripped quarters, pard and I packed on our backs... ropes, haywire etc are garbage...
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Said bull if only for conversation, pard has run shovel for north fork timber since we graduated. Browning BAR 270 Roy, 130’s.... 😂😂😂
But I guarantee if you took identical twins and separated them at birth and one grew up on a farm working from a young age ....

Many of the best professionals I've ever met, in terms of work ethic and diligence, which almost always is the most important, grew up on a farm. No cutting corners. No cramming for last-minute hopeful-results.. Just great work every day.
Pullin riggin, pullin line, hangin blocks is for rookies. Good pair of corks, sharp knife and a packboard is the way to go..,
If we’re hunting areas where our rigs can go, yes...If were hiking in behind closed road area, no.

🦫
Gettin meat to a road, is gettin meat to a road... ever wear corks?

No. Time or 10 wished I had some.

🦫
Behind a gate, it’s gotta be quartered either way, might as well do it in the brush. Server have been done in 1 trip, by 2 guys, but I’m not in that kinda shape anymore... thank god the boy Is though!! 😂😂😂
Originally Posted by Beaver10

No. Time or 10 wished I had some.

🦫

$$$ we’ll spent.
Behind a gate, it’s gotta be quartered either way, might as well do it in the brush. Server have been done in 1 trip, by 2 guys, but I’m not in that kinda shape anymore... thank god the boy Is though!! 😂😂😂

That’s shît is for the young bloods to pull off.

We’re back in between 3-5 miles. 2 guys making one trip out would be awesome. Not gonna happen with me running a freighter for a elk.

🦫
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Danner pronghorns here, easy buy here, don’t have to pose like big stick with the sole facing the camera, just easy cheap traction in the NW...

#madsens
Like button.

👍🏻🦫
Try em Mark, you’ll shiit... no shiit..

I’ve packed both hinds, cut right in front of the pelvis, together straddling my neck without a pack more than once, while my pard had both fronts with tenderloins and backstraps more than once.. yes I’d love to be in that shape again, suffice it to say, loggers live on bull meat,
That God damn brush you coastal boys deal with is enough to make a guy go insane, without a load of elk meat.

I have elk hunted areas as steep but that damn brush is something else. I did a blacktail hunt a lot of years ago near Forks, then chased bobcat hounds for a few days. I couldn't get back to Idaho/Montana fast enough. Then there's Afognak Island. Between the bears, bugs, brush and rain, that place will test your mental abilities like no other place I have been.

Killing elk there was easy. Getting them back to camp.....ya......there is a reason only half of those who draw a tag even attempt the hunt, and only 4-5 rosies are killed per area per year.
Steep is steep pretty much everywhere, and it’s always a cross between a party and a nightmare.

Like you said T, the coast, and I would imagine the same with Afognak, It’s the fricken ankle to waist high, undergrowth snares, that will wreck some guys from ever wanting to do it again...

Add in sizable carnivores that inhabit the AK. island ; it would make a dude feel like he’s packing out a refrigerator with a sign saying *Bear Food - Come and Get It*

LOL

🦫
Jud,

Where did you get your Danners soled? Assume any boot repair shop could do it?

🦫
Folks think, blacktail hunters especially, think all ground is created equal... southern Oregon, all of California isn’t even worth talking about...

#madsens is where it’s at
Folks think, blacktail hunters especially, think all ground is created equal... southern Oregon, all of California isn’t even worth talking about...

#madsens is where it’s at

I would bitch a lot less if our hunting ground looked more like Southern Oregon’s.

#Jealous

😬🦫
There’s a reason there no outfitters in nw Oregon or western wa... they’d go broke...
I know a guy that guides for rosies somewhere on the Olympic Peninsula: the same guy I hunted with there years ago. He usually looks really tired and wet in his elk pics.
the fricken ankle to waist high, undergrowth snares, that will wreck some guys from ever wanting to do it again...

Add in sizable carnivores that inhabit the AK. island ; it would make a dude feel like he’s packing out a refrigerator with a sign saying *Bear Food - Come and Get It*

LOL

Ya....that's one way to put it. Those undergrowth snares are there on Afognak, as well as lots of devil's club...but my main gripes about the brush was that it looked fairly short but ended up being way over your head, and if you think you're going to dig into it and find a way to the other side to avoid a 1/2 mile hike around a stand of it, you're wrong. Then you get to find your way back out of the jungle and take the long way around. That, and you're constantly wet from the brush/grass and either being eaten by bugs or getting pissed on. Constantly.
That does not sound like a lot of fun.

Going to have to see the PNW sometime.

the fricken ankle to waist high, undergrowth snares, that will wreck some guys from ever wanting to do it again...

LOL

Ya....that's one way to put it. Those undergrowth snares are there on Afognak, as well as lots of devil's club...but my main gripes about the brush was that it looked fairly short but ended up being way over your head, and if you think you're going to dig into it and find a way to the other side to avoid a 1/2 mile hike around a stand of it, you're wrong. Then you get to find your way back out of the jungle and take the long way around. That, and you're constantly wet from the brush/grass and either being eaten by bugs or getting pissed on. Constantly.
Originally Posted by SLM
That does not sound like a lot of fun.

Going to have to see the PNW sometime.

LOL

It builds character.

I came back looking like I was in Auschwitz.
Was judman your guard there?
This year I had an entourage of 3. 1-38 1-26 1-19 we boned it out and loaded 2 frame packs and took turns carrying them down the steep 3/4miles to the highway next time will use at least 3 packs
Was judman your guard there?

That son of a......

I knew I recognized that baby face from somewhere.

Yeah, I've neve understood the desire to bring out an elk whole. Even if I can drive the ATV or the M-38 to the critter I quarter them on the spot--makes it a LOT easier to load.......
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Yeah, I've neve understood the desire to bring out an elk whole. Even if I can drive the ATV or the M-38 to the critter I quarter them on the spot--makes it a LOT easier to load.......

Oh schit, the bone sour and cold shortening crowd is on their way.
This year I had help from 3) under 20's. Along with my 52 yr old carcass. Took the whole thing out in one trip. He was all skinned, quartered and put in game bags (pillow cases). Must say it was nice to have help. My last 3 or 4 bull have been solo pack outs.
From what I’ve seen if the current crop of young guys, you’d be better off with one relatively fit old guy who understands the concept, “ this elk ain’t gonna pack itself out.”
Desire can't be taught.

I agree with Brad, mental and physical toughness can’t be taught, either you got it, or ya don’t.

I’d 3rd that.
Originally Posted by mart
From what I’ve seen if the current crop of young guys, you’d be better off with one relatively fit old guy who understands the concept, “ this elk ain’t gonna pack itself out.”

Was very fortunate with the 3 young guys that I was with. Would put them up against anybody. I agree, they are exceptions, but it sure is nice to know that there still are some good kids out there.
Originally Posted by SLM
Just about any fit woman is better than looking at a hairy legged Jud or Beretzs.

I'd definitely agree with that.

IMO this post and that of Blueduck re number of man trips are the most practical replies to the original query.

Ditto to 11 man trips for a large Canadian moose. We did a smaller one in 9 man trips.

We've packed out many bull elk but I only have specific man trip numbers for two large Roosevelt bulls: One required 6 man trips and the other 4 1/2 heavy loads, all carried by strong young men in excellent shape.

The 4 1/2 pack load bull was this past Fall. He was 1000 vertical feet below the road, most of that elevation gain in a 450 yard stretch to get to a brushed in trail. The total pack was about 3/4 mile. The last three packs weighed 117, 109 and about 90 lbs. including rifle and remaining gear, carried out through brush laden with wet snow.

The 6 man-trip bull was huge, 2200 feet vertical below and about 3 miles from a road. Part of that was on a grown in road but most was without trails and everybody was exhausted. It was raining at the bottom and snowing up at the ridge road.

If the weather is cold you can take your time. Leapfrogging packs works well for me when packing meat solo.
I've always hunted solo and still do at 78. I've had to switch from bulls to cows and now my only option is a small cow. It sure beats a rocking chair and i'm still having fun.

Enjoy your youth guys. It won't last forever.

What kind of person starts a thread to discuss young guys doing hard work, when they represent themselves as an experienced elk hunter, where they should know this already? He claims to be an experienced elk hunter. An experienced elk hunter would not need to ask that question. What is the message in the quote above “really” telegraphing to the public? He clearly points out he wants to talk about “young guys”, and NOT animals. Why would someone not want to discuss all options? Telling?

Or maybe the real reason is:

Further evidence to see how SMOKEPOLE is infatuated with discussing the male genitals and his azz can be found in the BACKPACKING FORUM work out thread every year and simply searching the key words: BALLS, GLUTE, or PUD will bring up multiple threads proving SMOKEPOLE steers threads towards the MALE ORGANS for the sake of driving the narrative of HOMOSEXUALALITY subliminally.

You pulled something that attaches to my calf??

What, you pulled my pud when I wasn't looking? Can't you be satisfied with just pulling your own pud?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...2019-fitness-workout-thread#Post13762562

Did lower body, kicked my butt. Er, I mean "glutes."

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...2019-fitness-workout-thread#Post13842852

or a few more:

You must have had your hands on more men's asses than Elton John by now. I'm thinking you like the sound of that.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...health-care-for-us-citizens#Post15360205

And it's telling that you assume two guys go on a hunting trip for a homosexual liaison.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...health-care-for-us-citizens#Post15360502

After reading all of the above posts, I’m sure you can see the OP wasn’t about how many “young guys” it takes to pack an elk out.

It was simply about packing young guys.
WTF?
Originally Posted by Mauser_Hunter
WTF?

Exactly. But it's "elkslayer," this is what he does. Best to ignore him, but sometimes it's difficult. Kind of like trying to ignore the guy with the shopping cart on the street corner, shouting gibberish with spit flying everywhere.

You know, the one you make sure you don't get downwind of.......
When I was 40 I did it myself. The last one i was 51 and my other packer was 48.
Exactly. But it's "elkslayer," this is what he does. Best to ignore him, but sometimes it's difficult. Kind of like trying to ignore the guy with the shopping cart on the street corner, shouting gibberish with spit flying everywhere.

You mean like how you ignore me by cyber stalking me on this site constantly, you mentally deranged sunufabitch.

Do you drop your pants to your ankles while reading about "young guys" on this thread you started?
LOL, you crack me up, "elkslayer."

But why did you cherry pick the one positive thing docrocket said about you for your sig. line, why not use it all?

You want me to post it up for you?
When I can no longer pack my own game then it is time for me to quit elk hunting. But then that is just me.
Originally Posted by MAC
When I can no longer pack my own game then it is time for me to quit elk hunting. But then that is just me.

You may feel different when you get there. I speak from experience. Even though nobody has helped me yet. I'm thinking about it.
Originally Posted by MAC

You may feel different when you get there. I speak from experience. Even though nobody has helped me yet. I'm thinking about it.

I doubt it. I am 58 years old right now and I still pack my own game. At some point we all have to hang it up and for me that will be when I have to depend on someone else.
Like I said. You may feel different when you get there. I said all my life that a hunter should do the whole hunt. I'm still doing that at 78 but i'm on the edge of doing it all alone now.

However, the thought of not hunting is not an option if there's a way to keep going.
Like I said. You may feel different when you get there. I said all my life that a hunter should do the whole hunt. I'm still doing that at 78 but i'm on the edge of doing it all alone now.

However, the thought of not hunting is not an option if there's a way to keep going.

I didn't say I would quit hunting. I said I would quit elk hunting when I have to depend on others. Deer is a whole different thing.
Just do deer hunting? That would be quitting for me. Elk hunting is just more trips with the meat.

No need to talk about it. Do whatever makes you happy.
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by MAC

I doubt it. I am 58 years old right now and I still pack my own game. At some point we all have to hang it up and for me that will be when I have to depend on someone else.

I did a walk-in sheep hunt in Alaska when I was 58, and I felt the same way you do. It was a three-day pack out with a lot of vertical, the first leg was 3,000 vertical feet up a steep ridge, with a heavy pack. We had to stop and rest every 100 yards or so, to let the lactic acid in our muscles dissipate. Then down off that ridge and up another that was steeper. Rained the whole time, by night one everything we had was wet. Hardest pack out I've ever done, the thing that kept me going was the guide. His pack was a good bit heavier.

I felt like if I could handle that, I could handle most any pack out down here that I'd get myself into. But now I'm thinking like Mauser hunter. I can still pack one out, but I don't want to stop chasing elk when I can't. It's not just the physical ability to pack one out, it's also the fact that the older you get, the easier it is to seriously injure yourself hauling a heavy pack cross-country in the mountains. So if/when I need someone with livestock to haul my elk out, I'll happily walk behind and be thankful that I'm still doing it.

There are always other options...horses (though owning them can be IS even more work in a lot of ways), private land hunts (though they cost more, and don't have the appeal of public land hunts), as well as other options.

If it is even still allowed, when I am too old to pack game out of the big mountains I have no intention of throwing in the towel. I'll figure something out.
Anything is better than a rocking chair. Just keep taking one step at a time. Even if you are going 1/3 the speed that you used to. Old farts have lot's of time.
There are always other options...horses (though owning them can be IS even more work in a lot of ways), private land hunts (though they cost more, and don't have the appeal of public land hunts), as well as other options.

If it is even still allowed, when I am too old to pack game out of the big mountains I have no intention of throwing in the towel. I'll figure something out.

I ran into a woman on the trail that does pack trips with llamas, got her card. She said they'd be happy to pack out an elk for me, very reasonable rates. That just got me to thinking I could go in a few more miles if needed........

Same age here. I have done about everything I can to out last letting the old man in. However bad knees and an extremely bad back that continues to get worse along with messed up lungs are taking their toll.I have gone to shorter mules so I can still throw a saddle up on but have to use a step to do it. Lifting packs on the pack mule is trouble some.Walking a 1/2 mile is max and not over 8000 feet elevation. I still put in for my elk,deer and antelope tags this year, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel I think.

I have never had any youngster help me packing meat. It has always been alone or one of my hunting buddies that are the same age as me. Of course,I never figured carrying things on my back was the way to go.

I ran into a woman on the trail that does pack trips with llamas, got her card. She said they'd be happy to pack out an elk for me, very reasonable rates. That just got me to thinking I could go in a few more miles if needed........

Those "businesses" seem to be relatively common these days. I know of an old Vietnam vet that sits (or used to a least: I haven't hunted that area for a few years) at a big, main mountain road intersection/camp in the Wyoming Range with his horses and a sign indicating that for $100 and some GPS coordinates, and he'll get an elk out for you. I don't believe he hunts himself, just makes $ doing the dirty work for folks.

Those "businesses" seem to be relatively common these days. I know of an old Vietnam vet that sits (or used to a least: I haven't hunted that area for a few years) at a big, main mountain road intersection/camp in the Wyoming Range with his horses and a sign indicating that for $100 and some GPS coordinates, and he'll get an elk out for you. I don't believe he hunts himself, just makes $ doing the dirty work for folks.

Man, that’s the kinda fella I need around camp grin
8 pages and not one single case of marching one back to camp at gun point before shooting it.

Oh well, back to pack frames, knives, saws, and boot leather.....
Originally Posted by Earlyagain
8 pages and not one single case of marching one back to camp at gun point before shooting it.

I tried it once. When I wasn't looking it gave me a Chuck Norris kick to the nuts and took off.
mauser that was funny
Originally Posted by saddlesore
I still put in for my elk,deer and antelope tags this year, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel I think.

Vince, I can see you doing this until you're 100. You're just too ornery to quit grin
Here’s is 100% proof Smokepole is a pathological liar, and wanted to discuss “youngs guys” ONLY.

Below is his original post, where he “specifically stated he didn’t want to discuss animals:

Originally Posted by Smokepole

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...umber-of-young-guys-to-pack-out-your-elk

Below in the two quotes, you will take notice that he is now attempting to steer the topic away from “young guys” now by discussing animals, which he “specifically” pointed out in his OP “don’t count”. I busted his azz as to what his hidden agenda was really about, and he’s now doing his damned level best now to cover it up, now that I exposed it.

So if/when I need someone with livestock to haul my elk out, I'll happily walk behind and be thankful that I'm still doing it.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...g-guys-to-pack-out-your-elk#Post15946895

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...g-guys-to-pack-out-your-elk#Post15947002

You can talk about Sheep hunts all you want smokee, but you exposed yourself as a fraud in 2018 when HESP discussed specifically how the winds act in the mountains, and you contradicted him, which proved right there to any real hunter who has hunted many times in the mountains, including “real elk hunters”, you did not have the first clue, thus proving you are full of crap.

Sure is funny how this past year you failed to write your yearly fictional story about your elk hunting trip. Was that because the last two years I have pointed out the lies in them?

And like I pointed out previously on the forum, you post about your supposedly elk hunting trips in the “Backpacking Forum”, and not the “Elk Hunting” forum, because the true elk hunters here would see what I see, they are BS.

You supposedly go elk hunting 2-3 days on a 7 day muzzle loader season, and then never even go back during the 2ND or 3RD to hunt OTC, when your cost for an instate license is low. You claim to have 3 and 4 season tents, stove, etc, but you don’t hunt the season requiring them. Gee….sumpin’ just don’t add up, but you sure do brand yourself here as the seasoned pro with your vagueness when giving advice, that any fraud could google to find or from just reading here. Again, your knowledge of "winds in the mountains" busted your azz for me.

Sure is funny how you post pictures of a man on a sheep hunt and holding a trout in his hands in another, but zero pictures on any elk kills with you in them, or pictures of the surrounding scenery when you supposedly go “elk hunting”. As far as everyone here knows, those pictures could be of a dead relative or a friend or who knows, but not you. You see, if “you” are willing to post pictures here of your “supposedly self”, it stands to reason you would post pictures of your supposedly elk hunting stories too, as many years as you’ve been on this site.

I’ll let you get back to your thread about discussing “young guys”.

I just wanted to point the “true facts” out for others who might not have noticed the above evidence, “yet”.

And remember Smokee, there “are” people here who have seen “my” elk kills with me in the pictures, on this site, but you keep putting “elkslayer” in quotation marks with your attempt to discredit me, because it is pure rolling laughter entertainment on this end, and for the people who know I’m real.
LOL, you crack me up, "elkslayer."

But why did you cherry pick the one positive thing docrocket said about you for your sig. line, why not use it all?

You want me to post it up for you?

Sure, go ahead and post it up, so then I can post how I busted his azz too for cyber stalking me with lies, just like you do.

My sigline has the facts. I just left out the lying part he said, but cyber stalkers like you get off on lying, so it stands to reason that would turn you on to post the lies, just like how discussing "young guys" obviously turns you on, when most elk hunters would most likely being looking at using animals.

Don't forget to pull your pants back up, before walking away from your computer and breaking a hip. I wouldn't want you to die from it. Your lies are very entertaining, as others have pointed out too, like Acesneights.
Geez I haven’t even read this stuff. I go elk huntin, kill a elk, bone it out, quarter it, load it with a tractor, yard it out with a quad, throw it on a horse, done all of the aforementioned. Would love to have about (4) Mexicans on call nowadays!! 👍😂😂

Carry on with the cock talk..
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91

And remember Smokee, there “are” people here who have seen “my” elk kills with me in the pictures, on this site......

Sure there are, name one. I'll be waiting.

And no, you didn't "point out lies" in any account of my hunts, you creepy little stalker. You tried to but that didn't go your way, remember? Do you need me to repeat the facts on that?

Docrocket nailed it, you're just a creepy luttle f*ck who gets off typing stuff on a keyboard that you could never get away with in person. Pathetic, couldn't have said it better myself:

Originally Posted by DocRocket
MM879, I tried to warn ya about engaging with this loon... sheesh.

What you are trying to engage with here is a very unhappy and quite possibly psychiatrically ill person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence. Such persons abound. In an actual community of real people with real, face-to-face interactions, these people are brought up fairly sharply for their antisocial behavior, and they either learn to behave more politely or they are shunned. In the context of this forum, the individual is able to spew his vitriol all over the place without negative consequence to himself, so there is no hope of ending his foul behavior..........

This elkslayer91 person is not interested in discussing matters in this manner. His/her purpose is to browbeat, to insult, to attack ad hominem, and to declare himselfherself the "victor" in a contest that exists solely in his/her own mind.

You supposedly go elk hunting 2-3 days on a 7 day muzzle loader season, and then never even go back during the 2ND or 3RD to hunt OTC, when your cost for an instate license is low.

If i'm not misunderstanding what you're saying. First off the muzzleloader season is 9 days long. Second, if you have a muzzleloader tag. You can't buy an OTC tag. They're both A tags and you can only get one of them. Not both.
Originally Posted by DocRocket
MM879, I tried to warn ya about engaging with this loon... sheesh.

What you are trying to engage with here is a very unhappy and quite possibly psychiatrically ill person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence. Such persons abound. In an actual community of real people with real, face-to-face interactions, these people are brought up fairly sharply for their antisocial behavior, and they either learn to behave more politely or they are shunned. In the context of this forum, the individual is able to spew his vitriol all over the place without negative consequence to himself, so there is no hope of ending his foul behavior..........

This elkslayer91 person is not interested in discussing matters in this manner. His/her purpose is to browbeat, to insult, to attack ad hominem, and to declare himselfherself the "victor" in a contest that exists solely in his/her own mind.

And DocRocket paid dearly for cyber stalking me with lies, just like you are paying for it.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...protein-design-is-a-failure#Post15942900
You're wasting your time Mauser. "elkslayer" has had a hard-on for me since a few years ago when I (and about a dozen others) told him he was FOS. The creepy little bastard is my own personal stalker, he reads all my posts and looks for anything he can spin into an inconsistency, and then does what he's done here.

Back in October 2018 he studied my posts and figured out where I live (I don't advertise that), figured out where I hunt, and tracked my whereabouts during rifle season. He made a big deal about "catching me in a lie," said I couldn't possibly have been hunting in SW Colorado when I said I was, because it was a six hour drive from where I live (can you say creepy little stalker?) and I was posting on this website. My wife didn't even track my movements that closely, LOL.

The stupid little f*cker didn't know you could access the internet from a cell phone, who in 2018 didn't know that? Anyone can look up the thread, when I called him on it and told him I'd be willing to show the receipts from the little place I stayed in if he'd put his money where his mouth was, there was no reply.

But he still brings it up and talks sh*t about how he "caught me in a lie." Unbelievable, the creepy little turd lives in his own little world with his own version of the truth, and nothing you , I, or docrocket says is going to change that.

Edited to add, I got a chuckle when I read "elkslayer's" post above, "docrocket paid dearly." LMAO, docrocket probably hasn't even read your drivel, but he did peg your delusions of grandeur.

You supposedly go elk hunting 2-3 days on a 7 day muzzle loader season, and then never even go back during the 2ND or 3RD to hunt OTC, when your cost for an instate license is low.

If i'm not misunderstanding what you're saying. First off the muzzleloader season is 9 days long. Second, if you have a muzzleloader tag. You can't buy an OTC tag. They're both A tags and you can only get one of them. Not both.

First off, I couldn't remember the exact ML season length, so it really isn't a big deal unless you're a lady who likes to be picky, and actually, with it being even longer, it makes it more laughable for someone to only hunt a few days.

Secondly, you are wrong about the OTC tag. You "can" purchase a leftover OTC "B" tag, for a Cow, if the unit you are going to hunt allows "B" tags. A seasoned elk hunter would plan ahead for all of that, to ensure they can hunt more days if they don't score during the ML season, key being "a real hunter", not a troll on a forum.

Nice try at covering his azz.
See what I told you Mauser? You make a simple observation and you're "covering my ass."

I've gotta say though, for a person who claims to be a conservative, "elkslayer" sure does a lot of minding other peoples' business on things like how/where/how long they hunt, whether they got a vaccine, and so on. Reminds me of a nosy old lady.

In case you're wondering, two years ago during hunting season I was breaking firewood and a piece snapped back and caught me in the eye, scratched my cornea pretty good and we had to break camp and go see a doctor. That's what s/he's whining about now. S/he likes to keep track of what other people do and comment on it, it must fill a void.

But hey "elkslayer," how come you didn't name one of those guys who posts here and has seen your elk pics?

First off, I couldn't remember the exact ML season length, so it really isn't a big deal unless you're a lady who likes to be picky, and actually, with it being even longer, it makes it more laughable for someone to only hunt a few days.

Secondly, you are wrong about the OTC tag. You "can" purchase a leftover OTC "B" tag, for a Cow, if the unit you are going to hunt allows "B" tags. A seasoned elk hunter would plan ahead for all of that, to ensure they can hunt more days if they don't score during the ML season, key being "a real hunter", not a troll on a forum.

Nice try at covering his azz.

You didn't tell me anything I didn't know already. It was just a test to see how you'd respond to me. It's about what I expected and i'll just ignore you from now on. Now, you can come back with more insults but I won't see them.
The stupid little f*cker didn't know you could access the internet from a cell phone, who in 2018 didn't know that?

This is all people have to read, to know smokepole is lying through his teeth, and attempting to cover his tracks from the multiples of lies he has told.

His ridiculous lie above is so far out there, it is unimaginable how someone would even attempt it, and I'm sure everyone reading this would agree.

Smokepole claims a dozen people proved I was full of it, yet not one single person in that thread could refute how a 350 yard zero could work under the way I described it, not ONE (1). That thread was were he started stalking me, and has for over three (3) years now, because I humiliated him in it, and like all people who like "young guys" they go ballistic and lose it, when challenged, because they are mentally deranged.

Again, who starts a thread to discuss "YOUNG GUYS" only?

Acesneights said it beautifully, when describing this individuals mental sickness.

If it pleases the court of 24 Hour Campfire, I give you EXHIBIT (A) -

Originally Posted by AcesNeights
You can use partial quotes and take statements out of context all you want (typical liberal reaction) but it makes you look stupid. You have become more and more argumentative for no good reason, not just this thread but many of the ones you insert yourself in. I don’t know if loneliness and old age is your excuse but either way you just come across as a washed up old crank that gets off on picking internet arguments because you lack excitement in your elderly life. Keep on keeping on champ....you’re always good for a laugh at your own expense.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...hunter-mauled-guide-missing#Post13139320
You didn't tell me anything I didn't know already. It was just a test to see how you'd respond to me. It's about what I expected and i'll just ignore you from now on. Now, you can come back with more insults but I won't see them.

LMAO, you lied and got caught, and now you're gonna put me on ignore.

ROFLMAO.
The stupid little f*cker didn't know you could access the internet from a cell phone, who in 2018 didn't know that?

This is all people have to read, to know smokepole is lying through his teeth, and attempting to cover his tracks from the multiples of lies he has told.

His ridiculous lie above is so far out there, it is unimaginable how someone would even attempt it, and I'm sure everyone reading this would agree.

LOL, just saying it's a lie doesn't prove anything you little twerp. Why don't you find that thread and post it up if you want to prove something?

And why don't you name one of those guys who's seen your elk pics?

Still waiting.
you lied and got caught, and now you're gonna put me on ignore.

It don't look like THAT at all, to anyone with half a brain. He's ignoring your drivel because you're a pom-puss, blowhard, know-it-all from texas. And that's all the reason a guy needs.....
In case you're wondering, two years ago during hunting season I was breaking firewood and a piece snapped back and caught me in the eye, scratched my cornea pretty good and we had to break camp and go see a doctor. That's what s/he's whining about now. S/he likes to keep track of what other people do and comment on it, it must fill a void.

But hey "elkslayer," how come you didn't name one of those guys who posts here and has seen your elk pics?

Who here thinks smokee's hunting "partner" traveled six hours across the state (smokee says they drove separately) to only hunt 1.5 days, and leave because smokee got injured, when he took his "partner" to the area before the hunting season? So you see, this guy knew the area, and was already a seasoned bow hunter.

How many here would say listen smokee, doc says you'll be ok here in the hotel, I'm headed back out to see if i can score? Who here would just walk away and travel back empty handed.

And I'm suppoed to be the one with delusions of grandeur. LMAO

Who believes that lie, that they both left? LMAO. Pure BS.
LMAO, name who has my pics? Why, so you can cyber stalk them too for associating with me. That is exactly how your mentally deranged mind works.

Post your receipts. Don't miss this opportunity to prove you stayed in a hotel....like that proves you went elk hunting. LMAO

"I have receipts"

"It proves I hunted"

ROFLMAO

LOL, just saying it's a lie doesn't prove anything you little twerp. Why don't you find that thread and post it up if you want to prove something?

And why don't you name one of those guys who's seen your elk pics?

Hey smokee, you chopped my quote and Acesneights off, why, because the bottom part exposed you for the liar you are, right?

Typical commie debating tactics.

Smokepole claims a dozen people proved I was full of it, yet not one single person in that thread could refute how a 350 yard zero could work under the way I described it, not ONE (1). That thread was were he started stalking me, and has for over three (3) years now, because I humiliated him in it, and like all people who like "young guys" they go ballistic and lose it, when challenged, because they are mentally deranged.

Again, who starts a thread to discuss "YOUNG GUYS" only?

Acesneights said it beautifully, when describing this individuals mental sickness.

If it pleases the court of 24 Hour Campfire, I give you EXHIBIT (A) -

You can use partial quotes and take statements out of context all you want (typical liberal reaction) but it makes you look stupid. You have become more and more argumentative for no good reason, not just this thread but many of the ones you insert yourself in. I don’t know if loneliness and old age is your excuse but either way you just come across as a washed up old crank that gets off on picking internet arguments because you lack excitement in your elderly life. Keep on keeping on champ....you’re always good for a laugh at your own expense.

LMAO, you lied and got caught, and now you're gonna put me on ignore.

ROFLMAO

It don't look like THAT at all, to anyone with half a brain. He's ignoring your drivel because you're a pom-puss, blowhard, know-it-all from texas. And that's all the reason a guy needs.....

Smokee texted you to come cover for his azz.

ROFLMAO,

And you, too, chopped off the bolded above from my post, another commie debater. What's the matter little man, can't handle the truth?
LMAO, name who has my pics? Why, so you can cyber stalk them too for associating with me. That is exactly how your mentally deranged mind works.

LOL, so if you can't name one, post a pic then.

I'll be waiting.

And it's funny that you think one guy taking me to task three years ago means something, but a dozen or two telling you the same thing in this last week means nothing.

"Delusional" with a capital "D."

It's been 35 minutes, and you haven't put me on ignore, so you see, you didn't lie only one time, you lied two times.

Post some more so you can prove you're a pathological liar like smokee is.

ROFLMAO

Who here thinks smokee's hunting "partner" traveled six hours across the state (smokee says they drove separately) to only hunt 1.5 days, and leave because smokee got injured, when he took his "partner" to the area before the hunting season? So you see, this guy knew the area, and was already a seasoned bow hunter.

LOL, what you don't know could fill volumes. First, the guy is a novice and has never killed anything with a bow. Second, he came out with me because we weren't sure if I could drive or not, and he's the kind of guy who wanted to make sure I got to town and a doctor.

But go ahead, see what else you can make up, it's fascinating.

Like I said, for someone who calls himself a conservative, you sure do like to mind other people's business. You track me closer than my wife does, try stalking someone else for a change.

Post your receipts. Don't miss this opportunity to prove you stayed in a hotel....like that proves you went elk hunting. LMAO
"I have receipts"
"It proves I hunted"
ROFLMAO

LOL, so if you can't name one, post a pic then.
I'll be waiting.
And it's funny that you think one guy taking me to task three years ago means something, but a dozen or two telling you the same thing in this last week means nothing.
"Delusional" with a capital "D."

Smokee chopped the bolded out again.

You lose again smokee. Chopping out truths from posters loses you the debate.

You are your cabal of cyber stalkers here haven't proved squat, while I've loaded this site with facts concerning the Covid-19 fraud, and it says a whole lot about you commies attempting to discredit known facts from Virologists, PhD Biologists, and Scientists around the world exposing the genocide.

You communicate and act like a 20 year old, but claim to be a global warming believing scientist (Most likely a tenured idiot college professor teaching basket weaving) Yessir, you prove the whole public education system is full of deranged commies, and the end product you commies are producing proves it. Nothing but a commie indoctrination daycare is all it is.

You stalked me in my SARS-CoV-2 spike protein fail thread, and have added nothing. You had a chance to show your IQ, and you did, by proving it is around a 80. I've proven in that thread I know my schit. It's scientifically non-refutable. Howz about you writing a 1,000+ word dissertation to show you actually know something mr. scientist?

Yessir, you are the "D"elusional one.

You commies are good at using reverse psychology, along with the false negatives.

Smokee, if I haven't told you, you're a good Useful Idiot. I couldn't remember if I had congratulated you on that fact in the past.
LOL, now I'm a college professor, you can't make this schit up!

But anyway, does this mean you can't post a pic?

How many here would say listen smokee, doc says you'll be ok here in the hotel, I'm headed back out to see if i can score? Who here would just walk away and travel back empty handed.

And I'm suppoed to be the one with delusions of grandeur. LMAO

Who believes that lie, that they both left? LMAO. Pure BS.

LOL, what you don't know could fill volumes. First, the guy is a novice and has never killed anything with a bow. Second, he came out with me because we weren't sure if I could drive or not, and he's the kind of guy who wanted to make sure I got to town and a doctor.

But go ahead, see what else you can make up, it's fascinating.

Like I said, for someone who calls himself a conservative, you sure do like to mind other people's business. You track me closer than my wife does, try stalking someone else for a change.

First you lose this whole debate for chopping out facts, like I bolded above for you, again.

Second, you're back peddling. Your "partner", after helping you out, could have gone back in. You said he's bow hunted for deer, but wanted to get an elk, so you just lied again right there. It doesn't matter whether he's ever killed anything sport. he's been out there hunting. You are working extremely hard here to cover your lying. I hope you're sober right now to help you. You need every advantage you can grasp right now, but you can't escape.

Nice reverse psych with accusing me of being the stalker, and knowing everything about you. That's what an investigator does, build evidence you idiot. Don't be mad because I'm damn good at what I do, you mentally deranged psychopath.

Does trolling, like you're doing right now, excite you like talking about "young guys" packing elk out?

15 years on this site.

Where's a pic of YOU with an elk kill, mr trolling cyber stalker?

It's been 35 minutes, and you haven't put me on ignore, so you see, you didn't lie only one time, you lied two times.

ROFLMAO

One more to show you how wrong you can be. I said the muzzy season is 9 days long.....true. I said you can't have two A tags....true. I trapped you with that one. Remember, I was looking to see how you'd react.

lastly, I didn't say I was putting you on ignore. I said I was ignoring you. As in..........I won't read your posts anymore. Sometimes that's hard when your quoted by another member and I read their post.

I'm not a liar but you are a small minded trouble maker. I'm not sure why you haven't been banned by now.

This will be my last post to you. See if you have the self control to do the same.

I know this concept is hard for you to understand, but I've been a One (1) man army handing those "two dozen" their azzes on a silver platter, where they have not been able to refute any of my scientific proof, mr. scientist.

Scientist, cyber stalking on the internet, and wanting to talk about "young guys".

Wew, what a picture.

Are you posting from jail by any chance? I mean, have you been convicted of, you know.......

ROFLMAO

One more to show you how wrong you can be. I said the muzzy season is 9 days long.....true. I said you can't have two A tags....true. I trapped you with that one. Remember, I was looking to see how you'd react.

lastly, I didn't say I was putting you on ignore. I said I was ignoring you. As in..........I won't read your posts anymore. Sometimes that's hard when your quoted by another member and I read their post.

I'm not a liar but you are a small minded trouble maker. I'm not sure why you haven't been banned by now.

This will be my last post to you. See if you have the self control to do the same.

1 - You're lying again, that's 3 times, because you still haven't put me on ignore.

2 - Nobody has quoted our communication, where you could see it, if you had me on ignore, which you don't. 4 lies

3 - You didn't trap me, you lied, and you just lied about it again. that's 5 lies.

4- You're a troll. That is the truth.

15 years on this site.

LOL, if I show you one, or the sheep, will you STFU and post a pic? It's a yes or no question.

Nice reverse psych with accusing me of being the stalker, and knowing everything about you. That's what an investigator does, build evidence you idiot. Don't be mad because I'm damn good at what I do, you mentally deranged psychopath.

You're "good at" investigating total strangers on the internet?

I'm not sure I'd admit to that, but whatever floats your boat.

You're "good at" investigating total strangers on the internet?

I'm not sure I'd admit to that, but whatever floats your boat.

Ah, the mentality of a warped mind attempting to function is a beautiful thing.....in a sick way.

Hey listen, you do realize people on forums, all over the internet, search people's posts to read, right? I mean, that is an every day occurrence, people reading other's postings after searching a topic, so you attempting to spin a simple action really demonstrates how mentally sick you are.

Listen clown, you'll never have anywhere close to having the needed horsepower between your ears to make me look bad. like acesneights has said, you're good for laughs, and that is all you are good for.

15 years on this site.

LOL, if I show you one, or the sheep, will you STFU and post a pic? It's a yes or no question.

LOL 15 years on this site, and you've never posted a pic of you with your elk kills......but you've posted pics of you catching trout, supposedly.

15 years......15 years.....and don't have the first clue as to how the winds act in the mountains.....says everything.

That single fact proves you're a lying fraud.

15 years on this site.

LOL 15 years on this site, and you've never posted a pic of you with your elk kills......but you've posted pics of you catching trout, supposedly.

15 years......15 years.....and don't have the first clue as to how the winds act in the mountains.....says everything.

Elky, 24HC has seen more pictures of my niece with killed critters than pics of you with killed critters.

Maybe post a kill pic of STFU

15 years on this site.

LOL, I noticed you dodged the yes/no question, killer. I guess this means your answer is "no," you can't post a pic, does that about sum it up?

And does anybody else find it ironic that this numb nuts who's never posted a pic of anything on here is giving me a ration of sh*t for not posting pics?

You can't make this schidt up!
Originally Posted by goalie

15 years on this site.

Elky, 24HC has seen more pictures of my niece with killed critters than pics of you with killed critters.

Maybe post a kill pic of STFU

You are a mental midget, and I am not required to pizz on you if you were to be on fire, because I have a life of not being a troll, unlike you.

50+ year old man stalking people, and making an azz out of yourself. Now that's winning......LMAO
Elky,

let's try it again:

I will bet you $1,000 that you can't hit one drive out of three a measured 300+ yards (edit: in the fairway)on a flat hole with less than 10mph of wind.

I'll come down to Texas for it.

15 years on this site.

LOL, I noticed you dodged the yes/no question, killer. I guess this means your answer is "no," you can't post a pic, does that about sum it up?

And does anybody else find it ironic that this numb nuts who's never posted a pic of anything on here is giving me a ration of sh*t for not posting pics?

You can't make this schidt up!

You’re a hypocrite.

Typical commie here, talks about me dodging, when you chopped almost every post of mine, in the hope of covering up the facts I was posting. That is exactly what a liar would do, cover up the facts which prove they are a liar, otherwise, they’d let them ride.

Continues obfuscation, false negatives, reverse psychology…..all standard commie debating tactics you girls utilize.

Look limp brain, if you’ve posted pics of your supposedly trout catches, you would have posted your elk kills in the 15 years you’ve been here, so you could share and brag, being you’re an attention whore seeker.

15 years……the facts mam

God I hope you don’t have your pants down around your ankles while typing, because I’m not one of the “young guys” you like to fantasize about packing your “meat” out.
Elky,

let's try it again:

I will bet you $1,000 that you can't hit one drive out of three a measured 300+ yards in the fairway on a flat hole with less than 10mph of wind.

It's a yes or no question numb nuts, here it is again, with a little something extra for you:

If I show you where I've posted a pic with me and an elk I killed, on this website, will you agree to post a pic of you with an elk? Or barring that, leave this site and never return?

Put up or STFU.
It's a yes or no question numb nuts, here it is again, with a little something extra for you:

If I show you where I've posted a pic with me and an elk I killed, on this website, will you agree to post a pic of you with an elk? Or barring that, leave this site and never return?

Put up or STFU.

He's really, REALLY good at ignoring direct questions.

😂
Elky,

let's try it again:

I will bet you $1,000 that you can't hit one drive out of three a measured 300+ yards (edit: in the fairway)on a flat hole with less than 10mph of wind.

Crap, I just remembered why you hate me.

I was the one who exposed you for being an idiot for putting deer in your van, that could've allowed ticks in, and potentially infected your niece, and given her Lyme disease, and you've never gotten over that humiliation for being exposed for being so careless, or would that be thoughtless?

I don't need to prove jack sheit to you limp brain. Take your weak reverse PSYOP ploy, print it out, roll it, and shove it. I'm "very" comfortable in my manhood, and don't need to prove anything to a troll like you.

You're nothing but a mentally deranged person making pixels on a screen to me.
Elky,

Let's try it again:

I will bet you $1,000 that you can't hit one drive out of three a measured 300+ yards in the fairway on a flat hole with less than 10mph of wind.

Put up or STFU.

I've already showed people. Don't be mad because you mentally deranged trolls weren't included.

Leave the site, Holy scheit. You think you have the PSYOP mental horsepower to force me away you mentally deranged "Young Guys" lover man?

How many pictures do you have of yourself with "young guys" on your computer?

Put up or STFU.

He's really, REALLY good at ignoring direct questions.

😂

Probably what he's best at.

I was the one who exposed you for being an idiot for putting deer in your van, that could've allowed ticks in, and potentially infected your niece, and given her Lyme disease, and you've never gotten over that humiliation for being exposed for being so careless, or would that be thoughtless?

You exposed me??? 😂

I'm pretty sure that, unlike you, I posted a picture of a killed critters.

If you weren't a fraud, you'd try it sometime.
Elky,

Just to be clear, despite your assertions re your golf game, you are declining my bet?

Yes or no
Smokee, let's not get away from your wants for "young guys".

Come on. Tell us about your brokenback mountain adventures with your hunting "partners".

You stated once here, it really didn't matter if you get an elk, the place you like to go back to repeatedly had a lot of meaning to you.

I mean, when I read that, boy oh boy........brokenback mountain was screaming, and I do mean screaming.

Come on smokee, give us a curtain call..... tell us more about that "meaning"
Elky,

Just to be clear, despite your assertions re your golf game, you are declining my bet?

Yes or no

You exposed me??? 😂

LMAO.....yes, the ole if you can't show it, you didn't do it.

50+ year old cyber stalking on your day off.

Webster definition of severe mental illness right there.

Do you take meds for your condition?
Elky,

Yes or no
Elky,

Yes or no

My persimmon wood is worth more than your bet offer......

You exposed me??? 😂

LMAO.....yes, the ole if you can't show it, you didn't do it.

50+ year old cyber stalking on your day off.

Webster definition of severe mental illness right there.

Do you take meds for your condition?

Funny, since I'm exposing you as a fraud by making you either decline my wager, or ignore it, both of which do a great job of showing the "real" Elky.

😂
Elky,

Yes or no

My persimmon wood is worth more than your bet offer......

So, $10,000?
Hey goalie, I have an idea, since you two girls here are "partners" in your attempts to shame me, and smokee like to take a "partner" hunting with him, why don't you go elk hunting with smokee next year, and you two can "prove" you're for real, pictures or it didn't happen, or maybe we just don't want to know everything that might happen, you know, smoke and his.........special place having "meaning" kinda thing.

Come on. Tell us about your brokenback mountain adventures with your hunting "partners".

You stated once here, it really didn't matter if you get an elk, the place you like to go back to repeatedly had a lot of meaning to you.

I mean, when I read that, boy oh boy........brokenback mountain was screaming, and I do mean screaming.

So that's a "no," huh? You can't post a pic, or ID anyone who's seen them, does that about sum it up?

As far as your other BS, do you always associate hunting trips with homosexuality?

As for "brokeback mountain," I didn't see it. Seems like you're very familiar with it though.
Hey goalie, I have an idea, since you two girls here are "partners" in your attempts to shame me, and smokee like to take a "partner" hunting with him, why don't you go elk hunting with smokee next year, and you two can "prove" you're for real, pictures or it didn't happen, or maybe we just don't want to know everything that might happen, you know, smoke and his.........special place having "meaning" kinda thing.

So, that's a no?

You are such a lying little puzzy.

😂

So that's a "no," huh? You can't post a pic, or ID anyone who's seen them, does that about sum it up?

As far as your other BS, do you always associate hunting trips with homosexuality?

As for "brokeback mountain," I didn't see it. Seems like you're very familiar with it though.

You're the one who always steered threads towards male genitals in the workout thread, proving you're the one who loves associating everything workout to homosexuality subliminally, just like this "young guys" thread, and I proved it in this thread with my first post, where i posted the evidence.

funny how you refuse to post a pic of you with an elk........15 years.

hell you probably had one of your friends photoshop one for you, because after 15 years, and you never linking to it to brag about it, well, that sorta tells the real truth......you know, from the court's perspective.

So, that's a no?

You are such a lying little puzzy.

Standard commie debating tactics. You have no evidence, yet you have proof.

keep the pressure on your oponent.

Force them to defend them self.

tell lies until they become truth.

Yep, you're a Pixel-Pussy lying commie.

hell you probably had one of your friends photoshop one for you, because after 15 years, and you never linking to it to brag about it, well, that sorta tells the real truth......you know, from the court's perspective.

LOL, I didn't refuse numb nuts, maybe you should go back and read it again. I've posted pics on here, they're still there.

You on the other hand, refuse to, you little weaselly hypocrite. Goalie's right, you're just a lying little pussy.

LOL, I didn't refuse numb nuts, maybe you should go back and read it again. I've posted pics on here, they're still there.

You on the other hand, refuse to, you little weaselly hypocrite. Goalie's right, you're just a lying little pussy.

Well then link so we can see them.

post it, or you're lying, remember.

Be a man and prove it.
Hey smokee and goalie, want to know something that’s really funny?

I have two browsers open.

One with you two girls.

The other is a site with some of the highest intelligent people in the world discussing covid-19, and it’s invite only, not public (you two clowns wouldn’t qualify, ever).

The saddest part, or maybe it’s the funniest part, is seeing the polar opposite in IQ between you two girls cyber stalking me (80 avg IQ), versus extremely highly intelligent people (180 IQ).

I mean, it really makes you think, how screwed up could this world really be, and yet, I have the proof right before my eyes.

It’s you two, and screw ups like you who made it so screwed up, commies.

Be a man and prove it.

So we have a guy who's never posted a pic giving someone else a ration of sh*t for not posting a pic, is that about it?

Be a man and agree to post one of yourself if I provide the link, you little weasel. That's the deal that you keep side-stepping.

Be a man and prove it.

So we have a guy who's never posted a pic giving someone else a ration of sh*t for not posting a pic, is that about it?

Be a man and agree to post one of yourself if I provide the link, you little weasel. That's the deal that you keep side-stepping.

You are an extremely mentally deranged and sick man.

Accusing me of exactly what you are doing.

Yes, that is pretty mentally sick.

The ElkSlayer91 BOT has been taken offline, for maintenance and upgrades. We thank you for participating, and interacting with it this evening. We are presently fine tuning it, to match the level of I.Q. the respondents are at, who interact with it. Please bear with us, as the BOT does not function well, when interacting with TROLLS, at or below a 90 I.Q. It tends to overheat when operating barely above idle for too long.

The Management.

Accusing me of exactly what you are doing.

Hardly. I've already posted the pics of me with animals, numb nuts. What with your blazing intellect and Magnum PI skills, you'd think it wouldn't be such a problem for you to find them.
Elklayer you pathetic retard. You are so full of 💩 I had to put my Mucks on to type this. You’re a liar!!! You lie about everything. You are no more of a hunter than you are a golfer, a doctor, a day trader, etc. You are a laughing stock hear you clown

Retard 🚨
I haven't kept up with all the posts but to me, anyone under 65 is a young guy. It could take a car load of them.

Once a badass, always a badass.
ZZZZZZZZ
One with his 4 wheeler!!
The amount of uphill & footing, muddy & slippery or frozen & solid can make a difference. I like having one or 2 young guys to help. Our basic group is 4 guys grows to 7 with 3 younger guys & more guys usually equals less success. Nice bull in mostly downhill snow one trip with 3 guys & a sled, Small cow shot at the same time 3 guys one trip not hard. Big bull 800+ Live was 4 man loads & a rented horse load. Average bull & big cow in very thick & steep climb took several hours with 4 guys to get out of that 1st canyon. First load to the bottom of the hill at 10:30 PM.

So of course the answer is it depends. Shot a nice cow at 11 yards only a few yards from a snow covered ATV trail. Buddy got his quad right up to her, had another cow die within 75 yards of the road in a fly area dragged her through the snow lifted her whole into the back of the truck with a come along. Only 2 whole elk out of 16 killed in 20 years.I’d be happy to get another one but iffy most places, public land, I hunt. Usually the oldest fattest guy at the top of the hill these days & 40 is young these days.
© 24hourcampfire