Home
Last night at midnight was the deadline to update CC info, which normally means they charge the cards this morning for those who are drawn. I'm watching mine and nothing yet, though I got drawn the last two years so really don't expect to this year.

Anxious to hear from any whose cards were hit today!

Cheers and good luck,
Rex
The system is more jacked this year than usual which is saying something..

Im honestly expecting nothing this week, but hope I'm wrong...
That's a fact. Mine went smoothly, thankfully. But trying to apply was a nightmare for my buddy from CO, but it finally made it into the system and showed on his dashboard.
Gooberment would fugg up a wet dream😂😂😂😂

Take care, Willie
OK, one of my buddies just got his card hit. So it's on.
Originally Posted by TRexF16
OK, one of my buddies just got his card hit. So it's on.

He sure about that? I've got sources in the game that says they haven't yet....

Doesn't really matter but congrats to your buddy about an elk tag if true....
I haven’t heard anyone getting hit yet. Rumor mill says maybe not happening today...
Originally Posted by huntinaz
I haven’t heard anyone getting hit yet. Rumor mill says maybe not happening today...

Yep....
Well, his WIFE told him there was a charge...we don't know for sure.. Y'all are probably right cause nobody else has been hit yet.
Well, his WIFE told him there was a charge...we don't know for sure.. Y'all are probably right cause nobody else has been hit yet.

Yep, false alarm. It was a charge by AZGFD for the AZ Big Game Raffle. Still standing by to hear of anyone getting the correct charge for elk ($135 for Resident).
tick, tock...
Rex
Still nothing on the AZGF website.........probably be spring break from school before any official info comes out of that office, if the same folks who run it are in charge of MVD.
Gotta be the next day or two. It hasn't been this long after the "last day to update your credit card" as long as I have been watching it.
Nothing yet here. According to their website 18,000 new applicants this year. I'm not overly optimistic.

Dave
I would not expect anything until the portal mess is rectified, and then there is another opportunity to update credit card. My guess,
Too many people coming here. 😪
Originally Posted by RedRabbit
I would not expect anything until the portal mess is rectified, and then there is another opportunity to update credit card. My guess,

Would be decent of them to allow another CC update given how prevalent hacking is these days
Thanks Newberg and Rinella.
Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80

I was going to say that, but I thought I would get a lot of crap.

And Gritty. But he's the coolest one of the bunch....
a guy on face book said it was going to held on april 1.
[Linked Image from coueswhitetail.com]

They're going nuts over at CouesWhitetail.Com. 38 pages so far on the "WTF-is-up-with-the-AZ-Elk-Draw" thread, AKA "Tick Tock."
Tick Tock

I guess we just wait. Last year they hit the cards the morning after the update deadline. I reckon they just couldn't deal with success.
Recall the reason AZ went to the early draw for elk and goats was to get the results out before all the other western states deadlines occurred - a noble effort to help folks who draw one of these precious AZ tags from ending up "double booked" in another western state. Well, Utah's deadline was today and anyone waiting to hear the results of their AZ draw before deciding how to handle their Utah draw is SOL. I am disappointed in AZGFD this year.

Regards,
Rex
LMAO-ROTF

I'd be happy in 4B.. grin cool
I'm like a kid at Christmas, I keep checking under the tree (my credit card account) to see if a new present showed up...
My youngest and i waited to the last minute for Utah. We will see if he can make it 3 years in a row for a deer tag. Me i have 4 points and still have not drawn a tag. I was suprised about the price increase for application fees and the tag as well. Hope results come out before NM is due....
Its an absolute mess.
Took me 6 calls to get my two grandsons put under their dads portal even though they had jr licenses last year.
I also am putting in one of them in for Utah and both of them in for NM. Pretty hard to do when a lot of the dates are the same time.

I've also 1403 texts from them asking Grandpa did we get our youth elk tags? Why not!!
Maybe I should give the kids AZGFD phone number so a 11 and 13 year old can ask them why adults can't get this figured out.
Soo, there’s still a chance? I just figured I struck out.
I have a hacked card with 3 elk/antelope apps going. Super. Thanks AZGFD. I do hope they give us a chance to update or draw tomorrow
Luck to all ya!! Wanna follow along,
Originally Posted by huntinaz
I have a hacked card with 3 elk/antelope apps going. Super. Thanks AZGFD. I do hope they give us a chance to update or draw tomorrow

That sucks. I've had my cards hacked a couple times over the past 4 years. I always think about that this time of year during the AZ draw.
I read somewhere (and have NO verification this is true) that they may now be targeting 01 April, the day before tags are supposed to be mailed out, as the day they make the final announcement. FWIW, that is also the Montana Deer/Elk deadline. So how many other states' elk draw deadlines are they planning to overtake?
Wouldn't shock me. But I suspect it will be before that.
Double tap.
This came in my email last night:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
PHOENIX — The Arizona Game and Fish Department (AZGFD) is asking hunters for a bit more patience as staff continues to process a record number of draw applications for 2021 elk and pronghorn hunt permit-tags, as well as validate bonus points.

In recent years, AZGFD would have been expected to make draw results available by this time. This year, hunters submitted more than 170,000 draw applications, shattering last year’s record of more than 153,000. Another record: More than 214,000 applicants either applied for hunts or bonus points, compared to 194,000-plus in 2020.

As a result of the increased workload, hunters should know that AZGFD remains committed to ensuring the accuracy of draw results and providing quality customer service. The department will announce on its website and social media channels when draw results become available. All hunt permit-tags will be mailed by April 2.

In the meantime, some customers may not be able to view personal data (such as bonus points, submitted applications, bonus points, license purchases) in their AZGFD portal account at this time. AZGFD expects to resolve this inconvenience once the draw process has been completed and hunt permit-tags are issued. As a reminder, a customer’s receipt is verification that their application was received by the department.

AZGFD is aware that hunters are anxious to find out if an elk or pronghorn hunt permit-tag will have their name on it. To that point, there is no need to contact the department about draw results. Once again, AZGFD appreciates the patience and support of its valued customers.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

It bothers me that this is so disingenuous. To imply that the number of applicants is the sole reason for the delay without acknowledging any technical "challenges" is totally false, for the simple reason that though they have a record number of applicants for elk and pronghorn, it is still less the the deer draw, which they routinely handle.
They should be more up front with the true nature of the problem(s).

Rex
Aint that grand!
Waiting patiently.
I don’t know if they do this by hand or if have a computer system that does this. Think computers in 2021
I saw an email where they said the old system did not "roll" into the new one. Said 2 more weeks minimum. Email was 2 weeks ago Saturday. I guess they are gand entering. They need to have a fix on place to update your card up to the day of draw due to the hacking issue
They're allowing cards to be updated through Friday, the 12th....
Originally Posted by GregW
They're allowing cards to be updated through Friday, the 12th....

Here is a link from AZGFD:
https://www.azgfd.com/azgfd-offers-final-opportunity-to-update-credit-card-information/
Well F'me, all my choices for elk and antelope were 4b...

Kent
Originally Posted by krp
Well F'me, all my choices for elk and antelope were 4b...

Kent

The infamous 4b Kent!...grin
Yep, and the new card update deadline is 5:00 PM tomorrow (Friday, 12 March). Not midnight, like usual. So I'm officially starting the rumor that they hit the cards Friday night after the 17:00 deadline!

Fingers crossed,
Rex
No one in my family has fewer than 6 points for Elk, thought we had a fair chance at a tag or two but with 18K more applicants......
I have 19 points for Antelope, probably need 23 for a 6% chance to get a tag.
Decided not to apply for NM, very poor deer numbers and a increase in tag allotment in the units i like to hunt. Also seeing lots of 40 acre idiots move out into what used to be good hunting areas. It is not the folks really but the dogs they let run wild, the dogs will run every game animal out of the country. When the deer and elk are gone the next thing they do is chew ears and tails off of calfs. Between the price hikes for applications/tags and the loss of hunting areas frustration starts to kick in.
The old time ranchers would disown family if they saw what was happening to what they worked so hard to build.
Good luck all, hopefully we all get hit tomorrow
Just checked my card...nuttin. Checked my dashboard...nuttin.
tired
Rex
Website still says "in progress"....just to give false hope
Monday id bet.
People are reporting that their portals have been updated/corrected this afternoon. A step closer.
Yes, that is a good thing, but now AZGFD has given hackers and criminals another 48 hours to ruin the chances of some who have unsuccessfully drawn for a decade or more. If they were not going to run the credit cards starting at 17:01 on Friday, they should not have made 17:00 on Friday the deadline to update card info. If they plan to wait until Monday morning (like it looks like they do) then Sunday at midnight (per normal ops) should have been the credit card update deadline. It just makes no sense.

When all the dust settles on this nonsense, AZGFD, in one of their frequent public forums, is going to owe the public a true and clear debrief on just what the heck happened this year, and how they are going to make sure it never happens again.

OK, I'm over it... wink
Rex
Monday id bet.

which monday? april 1? i have 16 points. i am just going to put in for leftovers. they will all be leftover so luck may be with me.
Originally Posted by roninflag
Monday id bet.

which monday? april 1? i have 16 points. i am just going to put in for leftovers. they will all be leftover so luck may be with me.

It's looking like that is how it's going to be, isn't it? This is insane.
Yep AZGFD hits it outta the park once again. I am embarrassed that this is my home state. I know a few people that worked or have worked for them and I have been told it is a real shiitte show.
The crazy thing is it seems completely self-inflicted. From my perspective, the last two years the draw has gone smooth a silk, and now the debacle of the 2021 portal update requirement followed by this mess...
Mine got hit today. Should be a cow tag for Camp Navajo, late Sep.
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver

Should be fun. I think they opened some new areas on the depot last year too.

I also have an elk tag somewhere- 9 Oct cow or 23N early bull.
Originally Posted by RedRabbit

Should be fun. I think they opened some new areas on the depot last year too.

I also have an elk tag somewhere- 9 Oct cow or 23N early bull.

Making this up are ya? I hope not, my youngest is driving me nuts wanting to know if the draw is happening yet.
Yep. Started about 90 minutes ago....
Wifey got a hit. A Hail Mary early rifle bull or late rifle cow....

Likely cow hunting in the cold again....grin..

I drew that one last year. Put it second choice this year too. Good hunt, bulls are bugling. Killed a cow with my .358 Savage 99 last year. Not looking good for this year so far, might be hope for another couple hours, but I know there's one less hunt for me! Congratulations!

Rex
Did that same hunt in '18 and '19. First hunt dropped one on the second day, '19 got one the first day. Lots of bulls still bugling. Waiting to hear from my buddy who puts in for the Wounded Warrior hunt, mid-Sep. Hoping we both get tags this year.
My CC was hit early afternoon!! Now just have to wait to see what we drew.

Dave
I have no idea if i was hit yet, out of curiosity has anyone looked on the portal? Have your bonus points changed yet?
Mine still says pending for all the hunts, and points hve not updated.
Same for me - no hits on my card, both hunts still PENDING, no addition to my Elk or Pronghorn points. Pretty sure I got pinked this year, but I expected to. Drew a cow tag last year with just my hunter ed and loyalty point, drew Pronghorn last year with 18 points. Can't be that lucky twice on the elk.

Congrats to those whose cards have been hit!

Rex
Originally Posted by hitandmiss
I have no idea if i was hit yet, out of curiosity has anyone looked on the portal? Have your bonus points changed yet?

I checked after I saw the bank notice.. The portal was the same though- pending. It seems to be about a week before the portal updates to show hunt numbers. No telling this year with how the draw and portals were amiss.
I just read a good rumor over on CouesWhitetail.com that due to the screw-ups this year they were having to run the CCs in batches, and they only got 70% done when quittin' time rolled around today, and will run the rest tomorrow.
As an optimists, I choose to belie...well, at least not totally scoff... this theory.
It supposedly came from a guy who has been right about several other issues in the draw debacle so far.

Half Full,
Rex
Nothing in all the family.

Kent
My sons card got a $135 hit for elk but not sure if its his or his wife and one of my friends texted he got hit for $135 also.

I didnt get [bleep]. May be lucky and draw a tag in NM.
Nothing here with 8 bonus points. Put in for early Bull so chances were slim. Was hoping my nephews would get youth tags but didn’t.

I’ve been drawn once and that was for cow in 2014. Only went for a few days because my daughter was due that week and didn’t get one.

I’ll try 12A for deer. Got 12 bonus points for deer.
Looks like I drew an archery bull tag in either 5BN or 9

Come on 9

All together, I had like 10 points
Nice. Congrats....
I just read a good rumor over on CouesWhitetail.com that due to the screw-ups this year they were having to run the CCs in batches, and they only got 70% done when quittin' time rolled around today, and will run the rest tomorrow.
As an optimists, I choose to belie...well, at least not totally scoff... this theory.
It supposedly came from a guy who has been right about several other issues in the draw debacle so far.

Half Full,
Rex

My buddy's neighbor got hit this morning - looks like that rumor was true. Still nothing for me.
The portal has been updated, looks like i drew a U1 late bull hunt.
Congrats! Nada for me.
6A cow hunt for us.

Dave
19a cow late for wife...
unit 23 bull elk hunt for my son and i.
No joy in 3a-3c for us....bummer!
Well, My buddy drew it first time ever applying for an elk tag ... anywhere for that matter. 0 points.
And looks like I’m his partner in crime for that hunt. Looks like We got some work ahead of us!
A6 late rifle season.
If Anyone can help/tips/info , it would much appreciated
Nice. Congrats....

Thanks Greg

Confirmed: I drew 5BN
Originally Posted by flagstaff
Nice. Congrats....

Thanks Greg

Confirmed: I drew 5BN

Great tag. Will be a fun hunt.....
Originally Posted by Dre
Well, My buddy drew it first time ever applying for an elk tag ... anywhere for that matter. 0 points.
And looks like I’m his partner in crime for that hunt. Looks like We got some work ahead of us!
A6 late rifle season.

6A is a big unit, with a lot of hunters. Has good elevation range so you can hunt low in a big snowstorm or stay high if it is warm. A lot of locals know it well, and it is heavily scouted. elk can/will move for miles so the locals might push them into you. Can stay in motels in Camp Verde or Flagstaff, or camp in the unit.
Originally Posted by hitandmiss
The portal has been updated, looks like i drew a U1 late bull hunt.

Correction, my oldest boy and I both drew the same hunt. U1 late bull.....now to see what happens with the UT and NM draws.
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by Dre
A6 late rifle season.

6A is a big unit, with a lot of hunters. Has good elevation range so you can hunt low in a big snowstorm or stay high if it is warm. A lot of locals know it well, and it is heavily scouted. elk can/will move for miles so the locals might push them into you. Can stay in motels in Camp Verde or Flagstaff, or camp in the unit.

Thank you.
I have a wall tent we plan on using and camping somewhere in the unit.
We are planning at least one if not two scouting trips
© 24hourcampfire