Home
Posted By: Judman Elk vs 130 gr Swift Sirocco - 03/26/21
Via 6.5-300 Wby, 3520 FPS, 320 yard. Big cow, she had her head turned behind her shoulder, bullet went through the head, broke rib going in, lodged offside shoulder. Pretty good performance. Cow was killed Wednesday on a damage/depredation permit. Enjoy

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by Judman
Via 6.5-300 Wby, 3520 FPS.......]

Dayom that's impressive!! Jud, if that's yours, how's the accuracy?
Posted By: Judman Re: Elk vs 130 gr Swift Sirocco - 03/26/21
It’s my neighbor’s, he bought the backcountry ti, he loves it, said it shoots damn good. .571 goin that fast will cleave through the air perty good. 👍
Those Scirrocos are about my favorites if they shoot. They are the age BBCs with some shape.
I know there's one guy who used that bullet out of a .260 for an Alaskan grizzly, but he's pretty much of a stunt-shooter.
Originally Posted by smokepole
I know there's one guy who used that bullet out of a .260 for an Alaskan grizzly, but he's pretty much of a stunt-shooter.

I’ve heard of that fella..... lucky devil... grin
Originally Posted by beretzs
Those Scirrocos are about my favorites if they shoot. They are the age BBCs with some shape.

Ya man, they dig good.
Originally Posted by beretzs

Ya man, they dig good.

The 150 from the 7 Mags and Mashburns has worked real well for us.
That's some nice bullet performance.
Looks good Jud...good eats too.
One of the best game bullets there is.
It’s my neighbor’s, he bought the backcountry ti, he loves it, said it shoots damn good. .571 goin that fast will cleave through the air perty good. 👍

You and I both know that BC and air cleavage don't matter. grin
I like cleavage! 😂😂
I like cleavage! 😂😂

Same... more the better.
Especially when it’s going that fast!! 🤭
Especially when it’s going that fast!! 🤭

Amen....
Aw man, now I am reminded they stopped making them in .323! Excellent performance.
Posted By: WAM Re: Elk vs 130 gr Swift Sirocco - 03/28/21
Very nice. Good thing he didn’t shoot the 127 gr LRX. Then he wouldn’t have any recovered boolit pictures,,, 🤣🤣
Via 6.5-300 Wby, 3520 FPS, 320 yard. Big cow, she had her head turned behind her shoulder, bullet went through the head, broke rib going in, lodged offside shoulder. Pretty good performance. Cow was killed Wednesday on a damage/depredation permit. Enjoy

Awesome, Judman! Congrats!
Posted By: Judman Re: Elk vs 130 gr Swift Sirocco - 03/31/21
I didn’t kill it bud, saw it get killed. I would run those 130’s in my 6.5 Wby on anything. 👍
© 24hourcampfire