Home
Posted By: JeffP @ 10 Wyoming elk PPs - 07/26/21
There is no way I can ever hunt elk again. Is there a place to donate PPs to say Wounded Warriors or make a wish or some such?
Posted By: 805 Re: @ 10 Wyoming elk PPs - 07/26/21
I don’t think you can donate the points but I’m pretty sure you can draw a tag and donate it to a wounded veteran or permanently disabled person.
Posted By: ribka Re: @ 10 Wyoming elk PPs - 07/26/21
Originally Posted by JeffP
There is no way I can ever hunt elk again. Is there a place to donate PPs to say Wounded Warriors or make a wish or some such?

very good of you.
Posted By: wytex Re: @ 10 Wyoming elk PPs - 07/27/21
We have some ranch hunts that are very nonstrenuous. Good bull possibilities but they will be pricey.

As stated above you can draw the tag and donate it . Here is the link for how to go about it: https://wgfd.wyo.gov/WGFD/media/con...ig-Game-License-to-Disabled-Veterans.pdf

Hunting With Heroes is a good org. in Wyoming.
Posted By: shootbrownelk Re: @ 10 Wyoming elk PPs - 07/27/21
Originally Posted by 805
I don’t think you can donate the points but I’m pretty sure you can draw a tag and donate it to a wounded veteran or permanently disabled person.

Yes you can, I did donated a tag to the wounded warrior/disabled veteran program that Wyoming G&F has. Someone deserving got it. I couldn't go due to a back surgery .
Posted By: Whelenman Re: @ 10 Wyoming elk PPs - 07/27/21

No you can’t donate just the points, I had 9 and I checked last year. Like the others have said, you can get the tag and donate it.
Posted By: wytex Re: @ 10 Wyoming elk PPs - 07/31/21
Jeff another option might be to share your PP with someone an let them draw a general elk tag and go hunt. You would burn your PP and they would get to hunt. You could then donate your general license to a disabled person or vet.
Posted By: JeffP Re: @ 10 Wyoming elk PPs - 08/04/21
I’m thinking using all the points for a great limited unit.
Checking on ranches that do wounded warriors or make a wish .
Posted By: JeffP Re: @ 10 Wyoming elk PPs - 08/04/21
https://wyomingwildlife.org/wounded-veteran-hunt/

https://www.gohunt.com/read/hunt-of-a-lifetime-offered-to-terminally-ill-children#gs.86vp84

Posted By: 805 Re: @ 10 Wyoming elk PPs - 08/04/21
I’m thinking using all the points for a great limited unit.
Checking on ranches that do wounded warriors or make a wish .

Awesome gesture! Hope you find a great hunt and I’m sure the lucky recipient will be very grateful.
Posted By: 805 Re: @ 10 Wyoming elk PPs - 08/04/21
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Originally Posted by 805

Yes you can, I did donated a tag to the wounded warrior/disabled veteran program that Wyoming G&F has. Someone deserving got it. I couldn't go due to a back surgery .

Like I stated in my post. You can donate the tag you have drawn but not the points you have.
Posted By: wytex Re: @ 10 Wyoming elk PPs - 08/05/21
Hunting With Heroes is a great org .
© 24hourcampfire