Home
Bear with me a minute here. A little outside the norm for Campfire discussion I know. Our oldest grandson, Hutson, just finished up kindergarten this year, learning to write (and read obviously). One of his last assignments was to write “book” on a favorite subject of his. He loves to hunt with us and has taken deer and Turkey this year himself. He always tells me we’re “Huntin’ buddies” but he desperately wants to be “elk hunting buddies” with me. So much so, he wrote a book about it. I know it’s corny but it deserves sharing.

First page shows a beautiful 5x5 bull. 😏
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last page:

“Elk are the best because I get to hunt with my Pappy “…that’s me.

Love this little guy. Our son and his wife doing a great job with him and his sister.

That's awesome stuff buddy! Hopefully you're helping raise another elk hunter!
Originally Posted by beretzs
He’s mule deer hunting with me this fall. Elk in 23! Excited as I can be.
That’s just great stuff. Couldn’t be happier than to hear good stories like that.
Writin books already. Gonna be the next JB for his generation! Awesome!
Awesome, great stuff. I cant wait till this hunting season. I will be hunting with my grandkids for wt deer and hogs. grandson 7 and grand daughter 9. so far the only thing they have shot have been squirrels. Hopefully we can get them a Buck and a pig or two this season coming up.
Originally Posted by jc189
Awesome, great stuff. I cant wait till this hunting season. I will be hunting with my grandkids for wt deer and hogs. grandson 7 and grand daughter 9. so far the only thing they have shot have been squirrels. Hopefully we can get them a Buck and a pig or two this season coming up.
Best of luck!
Young man has a bright future ahead of him
Awesome!
Hank, the little guy is getting big, fast, and he’s smart, too!

Looks like Hut, has his eyes on a Vermejo bull.

😬🦫
the campfire needs more of this. Attaboy.
Originally Posted by Billy_Goat

Agreed!
Awesome! Cabinets in my shop are festooned with just such artwork from the grandkids!!!

Great kid you got there!!! He’s got the briar in his eye!
Awesome!!! You should definitely be proud! In this day and age it seems so many parents and kids are stuck in the digital/social media craze. Great job getting him outdoors and teach him!
Well, if thats corny I'm all for corny. Thats cool!

Stash that away for when he is grown and gone. My oldest is 41 and I have some of his stuff from when he was young but not much. Wish I'd kept more.

👍 👍
Great pics and thanks for sharing.
Nice rack on that bull 😊. He’s starting out right.
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Nice rack on that bull 😊. He’s starting out right.
No rag horns in his book…..
Fantastic start to a life afield.
We have a drawing like that of me fishing from when our oldest son was about that age, it's framed and proudly hanging in our house...great stuff!
That's great!

Grandkids will steal a man's heart pretty fast, won't they?
Best Campfire Post Of The Week Award Winner!
Here is what good parenting looks like. Congrats to Dad and have a lot of fun along the way.
Winner, winner!!!
Excellent, thanks for sharing!
Awesome! Hard not to smile reading that post.
There's nothing corny when it comes to kids, especially one's own grandkids.
It isn't corny.

I wish the Campfire had more of this.

It is the best stuff in the world for a dad and granddad to see.

Love the shirt too!
Quite the artist. Do scrapbook those pages where they won't get lost.
Originally Posted by 1minute
Quite the artist. Do scrapbook those pages where they won't get lost.
Hanging in our kitchen right now. No way those get lost!
Glad to see the picture of your grandson with his first buck. I still remember the day my Dad blooded me and when I blooded my son. Some rights of passage are to be cherished.
Godogs57, it don't get no better than that. enjoy it .
I’m In The same boat. 7 and 9. Can’t wait👍 I’ve built both of them plenty of rifles and they are getting excited
Corny my ass, that’s amazing. Keep up the good work!
Good stuff.
That is OUTSTANDING! Thank you for sharing this!
This picture always give me pause. Two years old. Son had to come help me get a buck out of a chest deep swamp. Hutty pitched a fit to come help. I was soaked up to my chest locating my buck, son came and put him on his shoulders and they waded in to assist. These pics are the aftermath. He’s on cloud 9 after helping the big boys.

Hank, you have me smiling from ear to ear! We got to spend a few hours with our middle son’s four boys today, ages 3-11. Every minute is golden. Every smile and laugh is the spoils of old age.

Great stuff and thanks for sharing!
A GREAT thread.

Thanks for sharing
Originally Posted by Godogs57
He’s mule deer hunting with me this fall. Elk in 23! Excited as I can be.
Originally Posted by jc189
Great job, guys. I wish I could take my grandson hunting.
my dad passed on Friday, so this thread just got even more important to me.

my dad would tell you ALWAYS take a kid fishin/huntin. he did, without regrets. Attaboy Pop.

my dad would tell you ALWAYS take a kid fishin/huntin. he did, without regrets. Attaboy Pop.
Billy Goat, I’m certainly sorry to hear that news. You’ll be in my thoughts and prayers. And his observation is 152% right.

My condolences regarding your father. No doubt things are very surreal for you at the moment and there's nothing I can really say that will help in the situation. Sending you a massive virtual hug!!!

My deepest sympathies and well-wishes for your family

Agreed!

Fo' sure.
Outstanding post - makes my heart flutter.
Originally Posted by Davelefty
Outstanding post - makes my heart flutter.

Thanks. It wasn’t till afterwards that I noticed the last page, where he said he wanted to hunt with me, that our 5x5 bull was dead as can be…four legs up in the air. That little guy is a mess.
Far from corny,,,,
This is what it's all about,getting kids involved in the outdoors..
Awesome
© 24hourcampfire