Home
members here?

https://f4wm.org/Sys/Profile

A membership for $40 goes towards helping reduce the number of wolves which will improve the deer/elk/moose/sheep/++ herds.
Never paid $40 for any projectile
Oh Lorr, I can't quit laughing, that's funny
They are a great organization. They pay members for each wolf harvested. The amount depends on what area/unit the wolf is taken. Really helps the trappers keep fuel in their rigs and upkeep on equipment.
I joined November , 22.

Reading about the great elk herds of the past I realized they're not going to rebound if no one does anything.

According to Game&Fish they spend over $9K per wolf removed, whereas trappers/hunters do it for $800 per wolf removed. Big savings on the taxpayers.

$40 year is cheap to help guys [trapper/hunter] out . Trapping is hard work and expensive with todays fuel/vehicles etc..
Been a member for 5 years.
Originally Posted by BlueDuck

Blueduck,

What's the low-down on wolves in your neck of the woods?

Are there reports of grizzlies near you? Just curious?
This is an interesting idea. I like it. I wonder what the expense criteria is and how much they generally pay out.? They do mention a cost of $830 per wolf, but don't know if that is F4WM's cost or an average of payment. To pay out $1.3 mil there must be a few donors with deep pockets although I do notice they mention Idaho G&F "grant money".

I may spend some of my bullet money and join.
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by BlueDuck

Blueduck,

What's the low-down on wolves in your neck of the woods?

Are there reports of grizzlies near you? Just curious?
Healthy wolf population. Pretty much all over the state. Smart critters. Can move twenty miles or more a day usually in a loose pattern of some kind. Seem to come back through the same general area every two or three weeks or so. Grizzlies are around but not in great numbers. Seems every year or so you hear of a grizzly problem usually in the northern part near Clark Fork or Bonners Ferry.
Yeah there were wolf tracks in deep SW Idaho , Owyhee Desert back in 2007 - 8 - 9. Found two desert mule deer kills loaded with huge wolf tracks.

Thanks for the info. .
Yes 3 yrs now. Great folks and man if ya ever get a chance to go to one of their banquets! Every Idaho sportsman needs to be a member. I'll be joining the Montana Chapter soon.
© 24hourcampfire