Home
My son just got charged, look like we drew our tags this year.
Same here. Unfortunately I put in for Unit12, ML before they said anything about the winter kill
Looks like I have a pending charge as well.
No Moose, no Deer, no Elk, no Sheep, no spring Turkey, my only hope now is Pronghorn, or returns/leftovers.

A guy I used to work with, said his sister, on her first ever try for a big game tag, drew a Desert bighorn Sheep license. I think I'd rather be lucky than good, sometimes.
Posted By: MAC Re: Colorado Hitting credit cards - 06/01/23
Preference point number 26 for me. Holding out for either Unit 2 or 10 and I'm still a few point shy. If I was still a CO resident I could pull it but now that I live in TX I need a few more.
Drew my late plains rifle deer, and got the email that I drew my first season NW corner elk tag. But with the winterkill up there this year, it ain't looking hopeful. But I don't mind another camping trip carrying a rifle.....
Posted By: 805 Re: Colorado Hitting credit cards - 06/01/23
Buddy and I drew a pretty decent deer tag. Burned our points. Should be a fun time.
Posted By: WAM Re: Colorado Hitting credit cards - 06/02/23
Three of our guys drew cow tags, 2 didn’t. Only 2 of 7 drew deer tags. I did preference point only. Between cwd and winter mortality, 12 and 13 deer herds aren’t doing so well.
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Drew my late plains rifle deer, and got the email that I drew my first season NW corner elk tag. But with the winterkill up there this year, it ain't looking hopeful. But I don't mind another camping trip carrying a rifle.....

Good deal!
No Elk for me this year. At least not in Colorado.
Not a single draw here out of elk, deer, or pronghorn. Including my youth daughter who applied for youth cow tag in unit 4.
Got my elk tag, didn't get my pronghorn tag that I normally get doing the first choice PP and it as my second choice. Guess I'll be looking to burn 6 points on pronghorn next year.
I got nothing again. Deer, Elk, Antelope. I hold no hope for the youth draw, and with the cut in tags, little hope for leftovers. Of course, I can always join the orange army. I am beginning to suspect residents are drawn last.
[quote=Lee_Woiteshek I am beginning to suspect residents are drawn last.[/quote]

Couldnt agree more, didnt even draw a cow tag for the Flat Tops with preference points
Originally Posted by The_Yetti
Got my elk tag, didn't get my pronghorn tag that I normally get doing the first choice PP and it as my second choice. Guess I'll be looking to burn 6 points on pronghorn next year.

You can't get a 2nd choice if you put in for PP as your first. You got your 1st choice
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Originally Posted by The_Yetti

You can't get a 2nd choice if you put in for PP as your first. You got your 1st choice

If there are left over tags for the unit you put in for you can. I've done it several times for this unit.
Would like to see the ratio of out of state cow tags versus residents issued
Posted By: WAM Re: Colorado Hitting credit cards - 06/04/23
Easy to figure out. Look at the hunting statistics page and every hunt code is listed by resident and NR, youth, etc.
Drew late season private land B list cow tag as second choice. Gained a preference point and will archery hunt for elk too. Worked as planned.
Originally Posted by 338rcm

Doesn't tell you much.There are quotas for the primary draw, but none for the 2nd draw or leftovers. In the first draw if all residents that applied are drawn then any remaining tags can go to nonresidents if there are any applications left. CPW wants those tags sold.
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Originally Posted by 338rcm

Doesn't tell you much.There are quotas for the primary draw, but none for the 2nd draw or leftovers. In the first draw if all residents that applied are drawn then any remaining tags can go to nonresidents if there are any applications left. CPW wants those tags sold.

The quotas must have been skewed this year
© 24hourcampfire