Home
Has anyone used his description of using a stick to make a two foot sound like four foot?

He never described how to do it in my book I read only he liked it?

Thanks
Put your toe down first then follow with the heel on the same foot, then take a step with the other foot doing the same.
I believe this is a native American version, no stick.
My answer to tricking the elk into thinking that I’m an elk too is to hit the calf chirp every so often when I’m walking. I’ve literally had cows come running towards me thinking I was a lost calf. It covers my noise and it’s been very effective for me through the years. At first I felt like I was over calling but based on the responses I’ve gotten it works wonders.

Good luck
Elk pretty much live a life of silence, constantly listening and watching for anything that may be a threat. Anything even slightly unusual will get their attention. I can’t imagine walking with a stick to mimic elk footfall is very effective, but having never tried it what do I know. Lots of things make all types of noise in the woods. I wouldn’t worry about it too much, as long as you try and avoid the rythmic “plop-plop-plop” of an obvious 2 legger. The elk probably won’t spook until they see or smell you, unless they have been pushed around already. If anything, what Aces described above is a good way to move around near elk without arousing too much suspicion. Common saying is elk will hear you 3 times, see you twice, and smell you once.
© 24hourcampfire