Home
Sometimes elk just need to die. If it were legal, shooting large herds with buckshot would probably work wonders as it would just cripple them and leave them up to the wolves to enjoy.

This way, the overpopulation of Cows would be reduced and in turn, the wolf population would grow and kill even more elk.

On the other hand, sloppy hunters with ATVs and .243s have done a great job of killing all the elk in Colorado, Wyoming and Idaho...hard to find any really good 5 or 6 pointer anymore.

If we had less elk and more wolves, the population trophy potential would become much larger IMHO.
Elk are like pests in many areas and most hunters are not that good either.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Is crack cocaine legal in your world?
We used to hunt in Colorado. Lots of road hunters and I have seen locals shoot at cows in herds like they were shooting at ducks. Just started shooting and sort it out later, usually ending with multiple blood trails and gut shot animals.
Brooksrange is using satire.
Yes, I'm using satire in my evening attire smile smile
Hell, if we had more wolves we could start shootin some more o' them!

I hear they's tasty.
Good thing you got those photos so you have those memories once the wolves get there the elk whats left won't dare mass up on winter range. Colorado right your just getting started with wolves.
Originally Posted by ehunter
Good thing you got those photos so you have those memories once the wolves get there the elk whats left won't dare mass up on winter range. Colorado right your just getting started with wolves.

Its a good thing that you can't form a complete sentence. cool
© 24hourcampfire