Home
May be the last one I ever draw too....being 60 on my next birthday...taking 15 yrs to draw including the 5 yr wait period...the wait was worth it....weather can be the key factor in late season elk hunts....we found an ample number of bulls in scouting...even one mature bull still with a herd of 60 cows...one smaller group of bulls only of 15 head...snow on the ground was 5-6" at our 8000' level...just right for the tracking we did...our shooter bull gave us the slip first day with three ofhis buddies....but after seven hrs of tracking them and jumping them from their beds..we finally caught up to them...spotted one feeding and one bedded down in a small draw...wind was blowing at 20+ mph was to our favor..crawling on our hands and knees in the snow to 90 yds or so of the bedded bull...I felt confident of the shot with the Savage 308 Win I was using....the first 180 gr Swift bullet hit behind the shoulder of the bedded bull...he tried lifting up but the second hit was a tad higher hitting the spine behind the shoulder and putting him down for good....all in all it was a great day and experience...freezer soon to be full of elk...a new mount to admire for many yrs....and memories of the day's hunt with my buddies...special thanx to 'Tracker Jeff' for his knowledge and persistance to find a good bull... laugh
Manti bull rough score is 338 with broken second tine r/side
[Linked Image]
Outstanding!
Wowza,Nice Bull. Seven hours of tracking? Thats a pretty intense commitment.
Yes!

Good he didn't know that he couldn't be killed with a .308.

I wont even bring up about the blue jeans. Amateurs.... crazy
VERY Nice, Congrats sir!
... anybody knows that a once-in -a-lfetime-hunt needs a .3++ loudenboomer with barrel deresonator.

Can't be done otherwise...

Kudos to a job well done. Weidmannsheil.
Congrats! That is a heck of a bull.
Looks like a fine bull - congrats to you!!
Thanx guys !!

Sorry I only used a 308 Win...a Savage at that.....

And wore Levi jeans..... smile

Just think if I would have used Rem 180gr Core Loc factory ammo

laugh

Congratulations on a great bull!
Great Job Tikkanut! Most excellent work.
Nice, congrats.
Dang, that's just too sweet!!

Congratulations! Really, that's a good one to quit on!!

Well done!
Good Bull
Conglads on a dandy bull. LOL---I still use factory 180 grain Remington "Core-lokts". That bull would have been just as dead. CB
Here's a pic showing the bull's ride back to town....

Used two SxS's with 1/2 each....

My Rhino had the bigger half....was still a chore getting him

to the machine...

[Linked Image]
Nice one!
Wow....great bull you got there! Congrats!
Originally Posted by tikkanut
May be the last one I ever draw too....being 60 on my next birthday...taking 15 yrs to draw including the 5 yr wait period...the wait was worth it....weather can be the key factor in late season elk hunts....we found an ample number of bulls in scouting...even one mature bull still with a herd of 60 cows...one smaller group of bulls only of 15 head...snow on the ground was 5-6" at our 8000' level...just right for the tracking we did...our shooter bull gave us the slip first day with three ofhis buddies....but after seven hrs of tracking them and jumping them from their beds..we finally caught up to them...spotted one feeding and one bedded down in a small draw...wind was blowing at 20+ mph was to our favor..crawling on our hands and knees in the snow to 90 yds or so of the bedded bull...I felt confident of the shot with the Savage 308 Win I was using....the first 180 gr Swift bullet hit behind the shoulder of the bedded bull...he tried lifting up but the second hit was a tad higher hitting the spine behind the shoulder and putting him down for good....all in all it was a great day and experience...freezer soon to be full of elk...a new mount to admire for many yrs....and memories of the day's hunt with my buddies...special thanx to 'Tracker Jeff' for his knowledge and persistance to find a good bull... laugh
Manti bull rough score is 338 with broken second tine r/side
[Linked Image]

Utah Bulls are the best Bull's!!! Congrats!!
Thanx guys !!

laugh

WTF were you thinking grin
Nice one! Congratulations.
Thanx guys !!

laugh

You really took that "Stunt" thread to heart, didn't ya! grin

Congrats!

FC
Shaq....shhhhhh....don't tell everyone...jeez laugh Damn fine bull. Flinch
Congratulations on a Great Bull.
Good for you..a great looking bull!
Nice, I am sitting on 10pts for elk, so hopefully...
Congrats on a great bull!! Thanks for the report...
Beautiful bull....
Great bull. Nothing wrong with blue jeans-unless you have to crawl in snow, of course. Hopefully they weren't Levis anti-hunter, pro-bama queer pants. Wrangler supports the 2nd and hunting.
Congrats on a fine bull.

Tim
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

I have 15 points now......so you had better not get a permit before I do. grin

Chet
Nice bull, congratulations.
Thanx for all the nice comments........

I'm a happy camper with this guy....

I've nick named him 'The Body Gaurd'........

His bigger buddy is still on the hoof....

laugh
Congrats!
Originally Posted by Chetaf
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

I have 15 points now......so you had better not get a permit before I do. grin

Chet

I am actually probably not going to try for a true "premium" tag. That way i might draw sooner.
© 24hourcampfire