Home
Posted By: Pat85 Montana elk tag - 04/29/14
Received my non resident elk tag in the mail today. Wonder how many left over tags they had this time?
Posted By: leemar28 Re: Montana elk tag - 04/29/14
A lot !
Posted By: Oldquailhunter Re: Montana elk tag - 04/29/14
Deer/elk combos: 2931
Elk combos: 2040
Deer combos: 2050

According to the website.

Dink
Posted By: Greenhorn Re: Montana elk tag - 04/29/14
Don't buy one - wolves are all the elk and all the deer that used to live on private land got EHD.
Posted By: Oldquailhunter Re: Montana elk tag - 04/29/14
Originally Posted by Greenhorn
Don't buy one - wolves are all the elk and all the deer that used to live on private land got EHD.

Wolves are elk.... grin

Dink
Posted By: txhunter58 Re: Montana elk tag - 04/29/14

It isn't the wolves keeping hunters from applying. Well, not the main reason.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Montana elk tag - 04/29/14

I never did understand this tag thing with wolves.

Posted By: Pat85 Re: Montana elk tag - 04/29/14

Been hunting the same area bordering Yellowstone national park for 15 years now. With a little effort we always managed to find elk to kill. Had a crack at some wolves last year but forgot to buy a tag. One guy in camp bought a tag last year and now has a wolf at the taxidermist.
Posted By: Langadune Re: Montana elk tag - 04/29/14
Originally Posted by Pat85
Been hunting the same area bordering Yellowstone national park for 15 years now. With a little effort we always managed to find elk to kill. Had a crack at some wolves last year but forgot to buy a tag. One guy in camp bought a tag last year and now has a wolf at the taxidermist.

That's good to hear. My friends and I will be in Beartooth this September with our combo tags. We also intend to get wolf tags to "do our part" in managing the wolf population (although I suspect we won't make much of a dent).
© 24hourcampfire