Home
Posted By: laker Montana deer and elk permits - 04/15/15
Montana deer and elk permits are being drawn. I drew a rifle bull tag for 410 on fort peck I'm beyond pumped
Congrats! I struck out again this year. One of these years.
No deer or elk permit for me.

Pretty sure I'm not even going to bother putting in for antelope again this year.
Got the unlimited mulie tag and general elk behind mom's house again. Nothing special but a fun hunt regardless.
Been applying for 310-46 for 15 years now, no luck. It's like 1% odds! Got the unlimited 310-45 though. Right next door and a couple miles from the park. Good success there in years past. Can't wait till September! Good luck everybody.
No luck on my 410 tag buti did draw my 441 mule deer tag. ....

Let the games begin! !
Thankfully, nothing but points for this year. I will be in Dog's backyard though...
Nada here.

Oh well, have to kill a couple bigguns in some general areas.

Good luck to the guys that drew!
Congrats to the guys who drew out!!

The Stars kinda aligned here, my son and I both drew 580 bull tags and 455 deer tags, I can hardly believe it!!! Just one of those tags would be awesome, but both is going to be a fall to remember!!
Gulp. My sixth rifle bull elk permit since 2004, and the third time with zero points.

I'll leave now.
Posted By: laker Re: Montana deer and elk permits - 04/16/15
Randy what district did you draw?
Posted By: ribka Re: Montana deer and elk permits - 04/16/15
Originally Posted by laker
Montana deer and elk permits are being drawn. I drew a rifle bull tag for 410 on fort peck I'm beyond pumped

That is a great tag! congrats
Posted By: ribka Re: Montana deer and elk permits - 04/16/15
general deer tag
Randy what district did you draw?

412, the Judiths.

The bull in my avatar photo was shot by my son on the same tag you have. Good luck. I sent a 74 year-old friend in their last year who had your same tag. He saw a really big bull a few different times, but could not find a way to get to him. PM me and I will tell you where it was.
Struck out in the buffer zone again..
Posted By: ingwe Re: Montana deer and elk permits - 04/16/15
Got the sure thing mule deer buck tag. Only thing I put in for.
Over 30 years of applying for limited bull permits and still no luck.
Posted By: laker Re: Montana deer and elk permits - 04/16/15
Mule Deer that's some tough luck. I was actually going to burn my bonus points on the bow tag for 410 because I used to bow hunt it and missed going every year but decided to wait one more year and I'm glad I did
Posted By: JGray Re: Montana deer and elk permits - 04/17/15
No elk permit, just the guaranteed mule deer buck permit. Seems like a trend here...
Posted By: HUNTS Re: Montana deer and elk permits - 04/17/15
OTC for me. Quit the draw years ago.
I didn't even draw an elk archery permit, never mind a rifle permit.
Non-Resident General Deer Combo for me. I understand it's pretty much a sure thing, but still brought a smile to my face. Looking forward to enjoying your great state again.
I also got a non-resident general deer combo. Son-in-law has a couple large acreages to hunt on in all the right places.
More points for me.

And more time to chase birds. Grin
Snagged a deer/elk combo. Look out Augusta ...
Finally got the 900-20 permit this year !

Hopefully can get permission to hunt a ranch that has that on in lifetime bull !
Big Game Combo for me...3rd wk of September just north of the park...excited would be an understatement
Posted By: Grand Re: Montana deer and elk permits - 06/07/15
I am going to hunt the Breaks this year with Pop in November. Really looking forward to seeing that country.
Originally Posted by JGray
No elk permit, just the guaranteed mule deer buck permit. Seems like a trend here...

I guess that makes me 'trendy' too. That's ok. I like the meat, but I love to hunt.
Posted By: JGray Re: Montana deer and elk permits - 06/08/15
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

I guess that makes me 'trendy' too. That's ok. I like the meat, but I love to hunt.

On top of that, I was out of town the last week of May and totally spaced on the antlerless/B tag application due June 1. I guess I need to start planning ahead... crazy
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

On top of that, I was out of town the last week of May and totally spaced on the antlerless/B tag application due June 1. I guess I need to start planning ahead... crazy

Ugh. That sucks. I doubt I'll draw on a cow anyway. At least in MT there is still a general tag if one doesn't draw a specific permit. Like I said, I'm just looking forward to getting out and hunting this season. Trying some new areas. Need to get out and start scouting it out!
Got a general non resident deer tag. All i read about are mule deer, is this tag good for a whitetail?

Originally,planned to hunt around Hilgar, Now it looks like ill be hunting around Plevna. What can anyone tell me about the area? Flat,Rolling, what?

O
Posted By: laker Re: Montana deer and elk permits - 07/05/15
Originally Posted by Outcast
Got a general non resident deer tag. All i read about are mule deer, is this tag good for a whitetail?

Originally,planned to hunt around Hilgar, Now it looks like ill be hunting around Plevna. What can anyone tell me about the area? Flat,Rolling, what?

O

Around plevna your general tag will be good for mule deer or whitetail. You can have flat, rolling, and breaks country all within 5 miles of you. PM on the way
lak..'

Appreciate your response. Sorry it took me so long to reply. sent u a pm.

O
© 24hourcampfire