Home
[Linked Image]

This was definitely the highlight of my hunting career. My 13 yo sons first archery bull. This bull would bugle out of bed but would not work a call. We snuck up on him over the edge of a small rim. He as bedded 23 yds below us, facing away. My son drew, took a step and smoked him. He ran 80 yds down hill and crashed. He made a perfect shot and the rest is history. Not bad for a 13 yo old with a bow.

Toby Joe
wheres that damn like button. good job gunner
We live through our kids and it's more amazing than if we did it ourselves! Congrats!
Congratulations!
cool

Just too cool

Geno

Holy smoke....great job by the young man! Know yiu are proud of him, as am I.
Congrats to your son! I have many fond memories of taking my sons out bowhunting and some great stories too! What your son did was not an easy task. I know grown men who cannot pull their bows back when they are in the moment.
That's just kick ass!
Nice bull
You guys always get it done TJ. Congrats big time!
Outstanding that you were there to see it. Congrats.
Posted By: SLM Re: 13 YO SONS FIRST ARCHERY BULL - 10/21/15
Doesn't get better than that.
Hope my first bow elk is that nice!

Kudos to the boy!
Posted By: Pugs Re: 13 YO SONS FIRST ARCHERY BULL - 10/21/15
Very nice. You're spoiling him. Are you open to option to adoption of a 51 year old? grin
WTG----keep the tradition going.

Outstanding!
Fantastic!!
Posted By: pal Re: 13 YO SONS FIRST ARCHERY BULL - 10/21/15
Kudos to you and your son. Quite an achievement.
That's great! Congrats to the young man!
Awesome
toby, does he get to rifle hunt, too?
Great job!
Terrific start in elk hunting - poor kid is now an addict for life. What a treat to have your son start that way.
Looks like your son had a good day.

It's great seeing your children do well.
Congratulations to you and your son! The only problem I see, and it is not a bad one, is that he set the bar high for future trophies!
Very cool Toby! Is that a NM unit 9 bull? Great job, there are more than a few grown men who wish they could kill a bull like that.
No, not in NM. Can only kill one a year.

Toby Joe
Good job, good on him. He should be proud.
Congrats!
Awesome hunt. Great job kid.
Anyone that knows Toby should not be surprised! That's a helluva job for a full grown man. Congrats to the young man!
A hunt both of you will surely remember. Congratulations to the young Robin Hood!
Congrats, there is nothing better then making memories like this together!!
That's awesome, congrats!
Posted By: 79S Re: 13 YO SONS FIRST ARCHERY BULL - 10/24/15
Congrats to the young man!
Awesome!

Congratulations to you both.

Mike
Congratulations' to you and especially your son. Most adults would be happy to take an elk like that with a firearm, even more so with a bow. These are memories the both of you will carry with you forever.memtb
Awesome! That is a hunt you will both always remember! Congratulations to both of you and best wishes for many more memorable hunts together.
Well done! Congratulations.
© 24hourcampfire