Home
Nothing better than a hard earned beer after a long hike for a Missouri boy.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You'll have to wait until Ted comes down off of his Rocky Mountain High, for all the details. I just regret not being there to help shoulder the load and drink his beer. Congratulations to a successful hunter!
Nice bull... Good work..
[Linked Image]
Very nice congrats
[Linked Image]
What you shoot it with?
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by pseshooter300
What you shoot it with?

Remington 700 ADL Faux Ti

30-06 with 180 grn Accubonds over 55 grns of IMR 4350

2X
Nice elk! Too bad you didn't have any GOOD beer. grin
Originally Posted by taylorce1
Nothing better than a hard earned beer after a long hike for a Missouri boy.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You'll have to wait until Ted comes down off of his Rocky Mountain High, for all the details. I just regret not being there to help shoulder the load and drink his beer. Congratulations to a successful hunter!

I don't always drink beer but when I do I like to drink beer to a full pickup load of big azzz elk
Originally Posted by greentimber

They all taste good after a 3 mile pack out
Lol I just looked at what beer it was. Blue Moon would have been better
Congrats! Nice bull...he was a fighter for sure.
What a beer!
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Originally Posted by pseshooter300
What you shoot it with?

Remington 700 ADL Faux Ti

30-06 with 180 grn Accubonds over 55 grns of IMR 4350

2X

Started life as a $279 Walmart special with cheap azz scope and camo stock if I remember right.
Congrats! Well earned one there, nice bull!
Congrat's on a real nice bull! When you do that,it helps relieve the pain of buying an out of state licence!! memtb
Damn fine job and a well deserved beer. Nice bull!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A pack full of elk is true joy. Congrats Ted! Great bull.
Beauty! Good job.
Congratulations on a very nice bull! I know it is work getting one out like that, but I wouldn't mind feeling that soreness sometime. Thanks for sharing the pictures!
Originally Posted by greentimber

Pabst Blue Ribbon would have tasted good right there.......
It was cold and I was thirsty so I wasn't picky
Very well done! Those heavy packs are a love/hate thing.
Stud of a bull Ted, especially for 3rd season.

Outfitted? DIY? draw unit?
Congratulations
Very very nice! As for your choice in beer, looks like my favorite kind.......Cold!
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Stud of a bull Ted, especially for 3rd season.

Outfitted? DIY? draw unit?

Ted has been coming to hang out in our elk and deer camp the last few years. It's a DIY draw hunt in an area that's not known for big elk numbers. In fact this is the only elk spotted during 3rd season by our hunting party. Plus he was spotted by another in the party that had a bull tag in his pocket as well.

No professional guides were used but we hunt with some pretty accomplished guys. When an animal like this elk is spotted everyone quits looking for an animal to fill their own tag and we all focus on getting Ted (or the other Hunter) his elk. Unfortunately my broken leg kept me out of camp this year, but there were two bull and two buck tags in camp this year.

So far this year our hunting group helped get a bighorn and a shiras moose, for one guy who was lucky enough to draw both tags this year. They would have been with me chasing elk first season if I hadn't broke my leg. If there hadn't been a voucher screw up on my part we would have got Ted's wife her first pronghorn buck this year as well.

That's just how our group rolls, getting Ted on that elk was the highlight of my buddies third season hunting. It doesn't matter who gets the trophy, it's the memory of the shared time getting that bull is the greatest trophy of all for our group. If all you really cared about was filling your own tag, you wouldn't last long in our camp.
Thanks. Sounds like good times with good friends, nothing better.

I do admire your camp set up, looks comfy.
Heck of a bull - congrats to all you guys. Sounds like a fine camp to be apart of!!
Congratulations on your nice elk.
You earned that bull sounds like. Well done brother.
Originally Posted by tedthorn

They all taste good after a 3 mile pack out

Point! Well done.
That group of guys brought my wife and myself into their family in early 2011

I can honestly say we have no better friends here in Missouri

Our extended Colorado family is a blessing that words cannot describe

I pray to share many more good times with these great people

I will write up a report and post more picks after the Missouri Deer season is over
Very nice bull!!!!! Well done!!!!
very nice man! and there ain't nothing wrong with dos xx
Well done Ted. I didn't realize you are the most interesting man in the world.....! Congrats.
Good bull! Well done.
That beer was damn cold, tasted damn good, and damn well earned!
Congrats to all that made taking that bull possible!
Looks like a really nice bull.
[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire