Home
Filmed at Wyoming's National Elk Refuge this past winter. The Refuge Manager said its the biggest one he's ever seen there. It appears that they found his sheds from 2013 and 2015. The 2013 sheds were mounted and were scored (obviously not official since sheds) at 436 and change as a 6x7. The 2015 sheds have not been mounted at this time. I wonder if they'll find the 2016 sheds???

[Linked Image]

The article is linked below and has a very cool video of this monster:

http://www.wyofile.com/blog/herd-bull-shot-round-world/
WOW!!
Shades of Irish Elk there.

Very long, VERY wide, not much mass. That why the antlers "only" weigh 30 lbs. He could be youngish and still have a few more years to gain more mass.

Casey
http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID12/16528.html
I watched that bull on and off over a 3 week period this winter. First time I saw him my jaw dropped. There are hundreds of other 6pt bulls around, and when one stands out you know you've seen something special. Big old sway back, blond coat, grass belly. A truly amazing bull.
I saw him up at West thumb in Yellowstone and on the refuge. Hes a brute no doubt.
I'm guessing that those antlers aren't the best for fighting. They're too long and fragile looking. I hope he manages to leave lots of bambinos with those genes.
What an awesome creature.
Yeah buddy, he's a nice one.
Very cool! Thanks for posting.
Hope someone posts more.

Most people will fixate on antlers and ignore the actual elk. Look at the mass on him. Check the sagging back and pot belly. He's a bruiser.

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I'm guessing that those antlers aren't the best for fighting. They're too long and fragile looking. I hope he manages to leave lots of bambinos with those genes.

I don't see any broken ones. Reach counts for a lot.

Showed it to my wife (non-hunter but NOT anti-hunter) and even she said, "whoa!" that's a monster.
I tried to email him to ask the beam length on those sheds but I gave up when the auto-emailer on the page didn't work for me.

Gorgeous creatures!
Real long seconds on the brow tines. That wide spread outward rather than back kind of reminds me of the Spider Bull.
© 24hourcampfire