Home
Posted By: blackmamba Wyoming Area 7 - 01/17/18
Got 9 points, put in for area 7, think I’ll draw? Noticed the price of a tag jumped up. Bummer.
Posted By: Judman Re: Wyoming Area 7 - 01/17/18
With the “special” license you should draw. Guided or non guided?
Posted By: shootbrownelk Re: Wyoming Area 7 - 01/17/18
Got a private ranch to hunt? Lots of private.
Posted By: davidlea Re: Wyoming Area 7 - 01/17/18
Area 7 is a great one, not all of it is sewn up by outfitters. I have been in there mule deer hunting a few times and saw bulls each trip. I built points for seven years to get in but switched areas on my 8th in 2014. I like to think I was close to getting drawn, the stats indicated that I was.

Good luck, nice part of the world.
Posted By: blackmamba Re: Wyoming Area 7 - 01/18/18
I’m not putting in for the special as a matter of principal! Ha when I started buying points you needed 4 to draw this area, now it’s looking like double digits to for sure draw. As far as guided or unguided, I’m leaning toward guided and have a few inquiries out, but I am not getting my hopes up until I draw that tag!
Posted By: Gtscotty Re: Wyoming Area 7 - 01/19/18
I've been hunting area 7 for the past 3 years as a resident. I pretty much always see plenty of bulls, cows are another matter until late season. There is plenty of public land up there, but you'll need onXmaps to find it and make sure you stay on it as it is often somewhat dispersed and intermixed with private. A few of the ranchers have reasonable trespass fees that would probably be worth paying if you're chasing bulls sans an outfitter.
© 24hourcampfire