Home
Posted By: Elkmen Arizona 4A - 03/17/18
I drew a late season elk tag in the above unit and am really excited. I have never hunted Arizona before but have lots of seasons behind me. I am going to have a chance to look it over for a couple of days next month. Any advice would be appreciated. Thx
Posted By: peeshooter Re: Arizona 4A - 03/17/18
Southern half of the unit, you can run into elk anywhere. You may get heavy snow so I would watch the weather and plan accordingly. There are some elk up north in the flat no man's land in the northern part of the unit too, just no where near as many. Not as many hunters either but the elk are there, especially if there is a lot of snow in the higher elevation to the south. AZ fish and game website is a perfect place to start and just try to get away from the road hunting crowd. Good luck!
Posted By: beretzs Re: Arizona 4A - 03/17/18
Oh man! That’s some excellent news! I’m looking forward to this buddy!
Posted By: GregW Re: Arizona 4A - 03/17/18
My wife drew the same tag....

Scouting in two months will do you no good other than to learn roads...
Posted By: Elkmen Re: Arizona 4A - 03/17/18
Thats the point greg, it will give me an overview of the country, the camping spots, access, and the forest maps I have ordered will allow me an even better look. I hate not even having a clue as to the area. Google earth is great but so is the windshield. I will also arrive there 4 or five days prior to the season for real time scouting. Go Hunt talks about lots of hunters, and I will be marking areas where roads are farther apart.
Posted By: GregW Re: Arizona 4A - 03/17/18
Good man....
Posted By: sgt217 Re: Arizona 4A - 03/17/18
Go to the north and hunt the draws that run to East Clear Creek on the Ohaco Ranch. Also you can hunt the draws on the East side of the unit and Chevelon Canyon, but make sure it is a good one before you shoot one down in the canyon,. it is pretty steep..
© 24hourcampfire