Home
Posted By: fredIII UTAH - 05/13/19
Any cards getting hit yet guys.
Posted By: FlArcher Re: UTAH - 05/14/19
Bombed out in UT. 16 to 20 PP for everything and no hits. Oh well, guess its land owner permit time..
Posted By: slymule Re: UTAH - 05/14/19
I pulled a late season bull tag in the Book Cliffs Bitter Creek South area this year. Took 17pts to pull it but I'm strongly considering turning in my tag. I've read a ton of reviews on Utah hunting network and Monster Muleys and last year was very disappointing - overgrazed, drought conditions, cattle still running loose when they were supposed to be off blm, unfilled tags, and an over abundance of wild horses in the area. Thinking i may turn my tag in and put in for muzzleloading next year in Manti area. Any thoughts or opinions are welcome guys.
Posted By: fredIII Re: UTAH - 05/14/19
I’m at 13 points now 😔😁
Posted By: slymule Re: UTAH - 05/14/19
Hope you've got alot of patience Fred, you've got a long wait ahead of you!
Posted By: tikkanut Re: UTAH - 05/14/19

drought is over in Utah.....in fact

another storm rolling in this weekend.....

more rain & mountain snow piling up
Posted By: Jim_Knight Re: UTAH - 05/14/19
I usually put in for the Antlerless tags, and on CWMU. I like the late season and fewer people. If I wanted a good Bull, I still think I would go with a hired hunt, but I'm 66 and bolted together. No more wild n wooly mountain hunts for me without having some help around me, ha. We do have some great Bulls, that's for sure. Good luck guys!
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: UTAH - 05/14/19

Didn't draw elk, BUT I did draw a LE Muzzy deer tag for the West Desert/Vernon!!!

"Only" took 16 NR points . . .
Posted By: fredIII Re: UTAH - 05/14/19
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Didn't draw elk, BUT I did draw a LE Muzzy deer tag for the West Desert/Vernon!!!

"Only" took 16 NR points . . .

That’s a great tag congrats.
Posted By: Azar Re: UTAH - 05/14/19
Yup, mine got hit on Saturday. Got the e-mail on Monday.
Posted By: sgt217 Re: UTAH - 05/15/19
La Sal Bull...
Posted By: FoxTrotter Re: UTAH - 05/15/19
Nothing for my son in law or myself. Had 12 elk points and put in for an easier to pull unit but no luck on anything.

Struck out on AZ, NM, and Utah for 4 of us and we all have a good amount of points.

Still waiting for NV results. Time to do AZ deer and CA for everything.
Posted By: MOA Re: UTAH - 05/18/19
I drew Panguich lake bull with about 10 PP's. May have gotten lucky. My CC was charged $800 by UT f and g so I'm assuming I was drawn.
Any tips? We hunt out of Duck Creek but usually drive down near the lake for deer season--never drew an Elk.
Posted By: fishnut Re: UTAH - 05/21/19
I saw a couple bulls out passed there ears just 2 days ago about a mile below the dam, Big fire a couple years ago has the elk a bit concentrated. Big time water on the mountain this year should bode well for antler growth, In my mind this should be the perfect year to draw that tag, Panguitch that is, The fishing is always good too
Posted By: rosco1 Re: UTAH - 05/21/19
Nothing for me. Did go out looking around last weekend and the bulls are looking healthy. Some bulls were out passed their 3rds already . Crazy, seems like just a few weeks ago some were still packing last years rack.

Also found this guy yesterday..looking for a tag

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rosco1 Re: UTAH - 05/21/19
Originally Posted by slymule
I pulled a late season bull tag in the Book Cliffs Bitter Creek South area this year. Took 17pts to pull it but I'm strongly considering turning in my tag. I've read a ton of reviews on Utah hunting network and Monster Muleys and last year was very disappointing - overgrazed, drought conditions, cattle still running loose when they were supposed to be off blm, unfilled tags, and an over abundance of wild horses in the area. Thinking i may turn my tag in and put in for muzzleloading next year in Manti area. Any thoughts or opinions are welcome guys.

Normally I’d say go for it. But I don’t think I’d burn 17 on a late book cliffs tag right now unless you know it very well. I’d take a lesser known unit durning the rut before that hunt. JMO
Posted By: tikkanut Re: UTAH - 05/21/19

still snowing..............
Posted By: StGeorger Re: UTAH - 05/21/19
Blowing like heck here in St. George. Was shooting on the strip earlier today and had to quit because the target kept blowing over.
Posted By: Springcove Re: UTAH - 05/22/19
We had a frog strangler up here in the Wasatch. More snow in the Uintas. Going to be an interesting spring.
© 24hourcampfire