Home
Posted By: MOA Utah Elk Tag Drawn - 07/10/19
Hey guys,

Just received my Panguich lake tag I've been trying for for 10 years! I have hunted this area for about 10 years but only for mule deer. I hunt out of duck creek sundivision. If anyone can give me pointers I'd appreciate it.
I've run into Elk many times up there but have no idea where they will be concentrated at the opener 11/10ish, and relize nobody knows. Know the country fairly well but live out of state. Any advice as to where to start would be appreciated. Will be hunting 26 Nos as spot and stalk, 338 RUM for the long shots.
Anyone willing to give some advice as to where to start looking can PM me or Reply-only expecting general areas. I only have 2 days pre season to scout and this may be the only Elk (never have) I'll ever get. It's the late hunt and Im hoping it snows..

Thx in advance
Posted By: fishnut Re: Utah Elk Tag Drawn - 07/15/19
Things have changed a lot after the Brian Head fire. Should be a fantastic year on that unit with all the water Utah has had this year and there is a big part of that unit that has far lest cover than in the past. Get high and glass the open areas that have good cover near by. You'll find a good bull. Congrats on a great tag.
Posted By: muleshoe Re: Utah Elk Tag Drawn - 07/20/19
I'm 16 years into applying for and still waiting for a Utah elk tag.

Good luck to you sir.
© 24hourcampfire