About ten days....
Posted By: AFraser Re: Getting Close - 08/27/19
Bow hunting?
Posted By: MontanaCreekHunter Re: Getting Close - 08/28/19
Originally Posted by AFraser
Bow hunting?

Yes Sept 7th.
Posted By: Coyote_Hunter Re: Getting Close - 08/28/19
Have seen sights like that when hunting rifle seasons. Awesome every time.

Had a string of about 80 elk go by when I had my .45-70. A gap in the string opened up and a nice bull stopped in the middle long enough for me to laser him at 213 and get settled on my sticks. Just before I squeezed the trigger bigger bull ran up and stopped beside him. The smaller bull ran off, the bigger one ended up in my freezer.

All because my hunting buddy went after some elk with his .30-30 a little before shooting light. We had seen shadows crossing a hillside. I dropped him off and drove a mile south before parking in open sage with the window open. Expected that after a while the elk or my buddy or both would come over the horizon. Heard elk calls from over a rise to the east and took off on foot to see what was up.

Hunting buddy later told me he had been surrounded by 9 bulls at less than 50 yards. Too bad. I had been encouraging him for years to buy bull tags to go with the cow tags he purchased. He never did, so the bulls walked. No cows with the nine bulls so he never got a shot.
Posted By: centershot Re: Getting Close - 08/28/19
Starts Aug 30 here. Have my blind setup on a waterhole and will be in it Friday morning.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: wyowinchester Re: Getting Close - 08/29/19
NICE.
Posted By: SLM Re: Getting Close - 08/29/19
Somewhere in Montana a bull is dead and doesn’t even know it yet.

Look forward to the pics.
Posted By: Wrongside Re: Getting Close - 09/04/19
Originally Posted by SLM
Somewhere in Montana a bull is dead and doesn’t even know it yet.

Look forward to the pics.

LOL. Truer words have never been spoken.
Posted By: prairie dog shooter Re: Getting Close - 09/05/19
Wow What a photo. In my dreams I see the same scene.
© 24hourcampfire