Home
Posted By: centershot Big bull - 09/04/19
My son took this giant bull last Saturday. First archery kill, DIY on public land. I scored him at 364, Local archery shop owner got 362 5/8. A monster no matter how you score it.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: pete53 Re: Big bull - 09/04/19
nice bull ! congrats. i should mention this : son and myself don`t show animal pictures because i don`t want people moving in on us in our hunting areas. but glad your son did so well too !
Posted By: Judman Re: Big bull - 09/04/19
Damn nice bull, grats!!
Posted By: centershot Re: Big bull - 09/04/19
Originally Posted by pete53
nice bull ! congrats. i should mention this : son and myself don`t show animal pictures because i don`t want people moving in on us in our hunting areas. but glad your son did so well too !

He has it on Facebook, etc. Don't think posting on here will be too big of a deal. If somebody can figure out where that spot is from that pic, more power to them.
Posted By: 270jrk Re: Big bull - 09/04/19
Very nice Bull!
Posted By: muleshoe Re: Big bull - 09/04/19
Originally Posted by centershot

He has it on Facebook, etc. Don't think posting on here will be too big of a deal. If somebody can figure out where that spot is from that pic, more power to them.

Pretty funny.

>>

Very nice bull! Great job by your son.
Posted By: SKane Re: Big bull - 09/04/19
Great bull - congrats to the lad!

Always nice to see Punctuation Pete weigh in too. smile
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: Big bull - 09/04/19
Thats a shooter. Nice job to your son!
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
Thats a shooter. Nice job to your son!

It takes about 3 of the bulls that I typically shoot to add up to that monster. lol. I told him me might as well hang up the bow and retire now. That's a walk off home run on the first swing.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Big bull - 09/04/19
You should tell him he’ll never get a big one if he shoots the first one he sees.

P
Posted By: wageslave Re: Big bull - 09/04/19
Sweet.
Well done.
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Big bull - 09/04/19
Congrats to your son - that is a really fine bull.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Big bull - 09/04/19

Wow, congrats to your son and thanks for posting, photos like that are great motivation!

PS, I'm pretty sure I recognize that aspen tree...... grin
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You should tell him he’ll never get a big one if he shoots the first one he sees.

P

Excellent, I'm going to use that! lol
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Big bull - 09/04/19
Centershot: WHOA! Good for your team on the trophy bull!
Many happy returns of that day.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Centershot: WHOA! Good for your team on the trophy bull!
Many happy returns of that day.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

He has been on cloud 9 all week. I think it will take years for him to really understand what a trophy that bull really is. Bulls like that are extremely rare in Over the Counter, Public Land, Do it Yourself hunts. He's keeping humble and knows that there was a huge helping of luck associated with that bull. Only thing better than doing it yourself is having one of your kids do it......Now I need to find me a spike or ranghorn. lol
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Big bull - 09/04/19
Outstanding
Posted By: 30338 Re: Big bull - 09/04/19
Wow, awesome bull. Bet you're looking for wall space to hang that giant on.
Posted By: Cinch Re: Big bull - 09/04/19
That's a dandy...
Originally Posted by 30338
Wow, awesome bull. Bet you're looking for wall space to hang that giant on.

He and is girlfriend are having that very discussion. She is not quite as excited about it as he is though. lol. Local archery shop owner said he had a good spot for it if the GF doesn't warm up to the idea. I think it will be hanging in the local Sportsman's Warehouse until after the Bucks and Bulls - so he has until January to talk her into it.

I told him it would make a hell of a fishing pole rack in the garage..........he wasn't too impressed with that idea. lol.
Posted By: Bella1 Re: Big bull - 09/04/19
Congrats to both of you ! It will be a while to wipe the smiles off
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Big bull - 09/05/19
Nice one...
Posted By: MikeS Re: Big bull - 09/05/19
Congrats!
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: Big bull - 09/05/19
Congratulations to your son.
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Big bull - 09/05/19
Stomper! Congrats to your son!
Posted By: memtb Re: Big bull - 09/05/19

Congrats to your son! Whether his first or his 50th....an awesome archery bull. Hell......that’s a darn nice bull no matter how he got him! wink memtb
Posted By: ElkSlayer91 Re: Big bull - 09/05/19
That young man is going to let a lot of shooters pass by in his hunting ventures in the years to come in the hope of bettering that trophy.

Congrats to the proud father, and the new Trophy Hunter who will carry the torch into the future representing the outdoors.

He’s now qualified to have his own outdoors show.
Posted By: scenarshooter Re: Big bull - 09/05/19
Nice bull!

Tell him congrats!

Good one.....maybe you just don't have any pictures
Posted By: pete53 Re: Big bull - 09/05/19
again that is a very nice bull elk. congrats ! and its extra special with a bow too !

myself i have no pictures and have never taken any trophy animals either. GRIN
again that is a very nice bull elk. congrats ! and its extra special with a bow too !

[Linked Image]

Yeah, same here....

If you can tell me exactly where I killed this 414" bull, you can hunt there too.
Posted By: prairie dog shooter Re: Big bull - 09/05/19
Congratulations!
Posted By: Alamosa Re: Big bull - 09/05/19
Very nice!
Posted By: beretzs Re: Big bull - 09/05/19
Congrats to your son. Heckuva great bull!
Posted By: AlaskaCub Re: Big bull - 09/06/19
Hell of a bull!
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Big bull - 09/06/19
Might as well prepare him for what's ahead- grin

Posted By: nemotheangler Re: Big bull - 09/06/19
WOW. The stuff dreams are made of...
Posted By: rost495 Re: Big bull - 09/06/19

Was thinking almost the same exact words.... but I know the flip side, there are areas one could give away... but not even close from that photo...

Very nice bull! Many congrats! Well done!
Posted By: rost495 Re: Big bull - 09/06/19
Originally Posted by scenarshooter

[Linked Image]

Yeah, same here....

If you can tell me exactly where I killed this 414" bull, you can hunt there too.

I already hunt there. In the woods. LMAO Nice bull. Beyond nice.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Big bull - 09/06/19
Congrats to the young man. What dreams are made of.
Posted By: Dre Re: Big bull - 09/08/19
Congrats!
I recognize that tree and that bush. Lol
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Big bull - 09/08/19
There's computer software that pinpoints gps coordinates of photos, unless you block it. It's been detailed here before. Never used it myself but some guys refuse to post photos because of it. Anybody know if it works?
Posted By: lone wolf Re: Big bull - 09/08/19
Good deal!!
Very nice bull.
Posted By: MontanaCreekHunter Re: Big bull - 09/09/19
Awesome Bull Congratulations
Posted By: pete53 Re: Big bull - 09/09/19
Originally Posted by Fireball2
There's computer software that pinpoints gps coordinates of photos, unless you block it. It's been detailed here before. Never used it myself but some guys refuse to post photos because of it. Anybody know if it works?

here`s a simple answer: yes it works
Posted By: Scotty Re: Big bull - 09/12/19
That is a very nice bull.
Posted By: scenarshooter Re: Big bull - 09/12/19

So tell us where these bulls were killed....exactly.
Posted By: David_Walter Re: Big bull - 09/12/19

Here’s a simple answer, you’re full of it.

doesn’t exist, and I defy you to post a link to software that says it does, and that works.

I’ll go get coffee. This may take forever.
Posted By: Firth Re: Big bull - 09/12/19
Nice bulls.

I suspect many here are aware, but on the off chance this helps someone to decide on whether to post nice pics in the future...

If you are taking pictures with a GPS enable camera (such as a cell phone), GPS coordinates are often entered into the EXIF data of the photograph by default. EXIF data can be accessed in a windows operating system by right clicking the file, selecting the properties option, and then going to the details tab of the resulting pop-up. Location is just one type of information that can be stored in EXIF; others include camera settings, dates, and so forth.

EXIF data is how people get locations from photos. There is no special software that I am aware of that can get a photos location without the EXIF data. It's easy to check and/or edit the EXIF data using the process outlined above. Or, you can use a simple point and shoot camera with no GPS and not have to worry about it.

Best,
Firth
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Big bull - 09/12/19
Originally Posted by Firth
Nice bulls.

I suspect many here are aware, but on the off chance this helps someone to decide on whether to post nice pics in the future...

If you are taking pictures with a GPS enable camera (such as a cell phone), GPS coordinates are often entered into the exif data of the photograph by default. Exif data can be accessed by right clicking, selecting the properties option, and then going to the details tab of the resulting pop-up. That's how people get locations using photos. There is no special software that I am aware of that can get a photos location without the exif data. It's easy to check and/or edit the exif data using the process outlined. Or, you can use a simple point and shoot camera with no gps and not have to worry about it.

Best,
Firth

Truth. Easy to turn off on your phone. If you are hunting honeyholes though and posting pics on here, please don't!

Long story but I had a lawsuit filed against me and the picture used as evidence to create a false story had gps location data on it. I mapped it and that data tanked the suit instantly.
Posted By: beretzs Re: Big bull - 09/12/19
It’s how we tracked and found terrorists pretty early in the GWOT. Firth laid it out pretty well.
Posted By: pete53 Re: Big bull - 09/12/19
thank you guys for that info ,i did not know how its works but my son does. and that`s why i don`t post pictures too !
Posted By: scenarshooter Re: Big bull - 09/12/19
thank you guys for that info ,i did not know how its works but my son does. and that`s why i don`t post pictures too !

So track my picture, and tell me where it was taken.....
Posted By: pete53 Re: Big bull - 09/12/19

So track my picture, and tell me where it was taken.....

>most of us don`t care -but some do ?
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Big bull - 09/13/19
One heck of a bull
Posted By: JonS Re: Big bull - 09/13/19

[Linked Image]

Yeah, same here....

Any chance camera was Canon PowerShot ELPH 100 HS, taken 9/17/2015 at 7:24 p.m.

The power of data is scary
Posted By: David_Walter Re: Big bull - 09/13/19
Jon,

Even if it was that camera and that date, that’s a long way from location being in the meta data.

Just sayin’
Posted By: shootAI Re: Big bull - 09/13/19
Even if they knew the location most of these guys couldn’t kill it anyways. Let alone get the tag.
Posted By: shootAI Re: Big bull - 09/13/19
Pat ain’t your ordinary hunter
Posted By: las Re: Big bull - 09/13/19
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

P

smile

On the other hand....
Posted By: scenarshooter Re: Big bull - 09/13/19
Originally Posted by JonS

[Linked Image]

Yeah, same here....

Any chance camera was Canon PowerShot ELPH 100 HS, taken 9/17/2015 at 7:24 p.m.

The power of data is scary

Actually, the time is wrong....

And the question remains, where?
Posted By: Rickshaw Re: Big bull - 09/13/19
Well, anyone can tell easy enough....it's NE Montana.....Sorry to divulge the secret spot.....heee heee
Originally Posted by Rickshaw
Well, anyone can tell easy enough....it's NE Montana.....Sorry to divulge the secret spot.....heee heee

Not even close.....
Posted By: Judman Re: Big bull - 09/13/19
Is that this years bull pat? Dandy!!
Originally Posted by Judman

Four years ago...

I'm headed for elk camp in a few hours...;)
Posted By: Judman Re: Big bull - 09/13/19
I can’t keep track of you!! 🤣🤣
Posted By: BobMt Re: Big bull - 09/13/19

Colstrip.......bob
Posted By: David_Walter Re: Big bull - 09/13/19
I can’t keep track of you!! 🤣🤣

Neither can Pete53
Posted By: shootAI Re: Big bull - 09/14/19
Haha haha like the comment D.W.
Posted By: muleshoe Re: Big bull - 09/14/19

Four years ago...

I'm headed for elk camp in a few hours...;)

Post up a pic when you get there. See if Pete shows up.
Posted By: SPDSpappy Re: Big bull - 09/30/19
What a monster, congrats!!!
Posted By: efw Re: Big bull - 10/13/19
Excellent work; awesome I’ll!!
Posted By: gunnut308 Re: Big bull - 10/13/19
Awesome bull, What a trophy! Congratulations to the boy!
Posted By: longarm Re: Big bull - 10/14/19
The topic of GPS coordinates and pics is likely worthy of its own thread, but I'll post what little I've found out re the subject here. Those who are more tech savvy than I please correct me if I'm wrong..

EXIF data frequently includes GPS coordinates. However, there are ways of disabling that for both Android and iPhone:

https://www.guidingtech.com/31763/remove-geo-location-exif-data/

Further, I took a few pics of pheasant hunting last week with my Android phone in Airplane mode. Putting this pic through a data and EXIF viewer shows no GPS coordinates available. Prove me wrong?
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: longarm Re: Big bull - 10/14/19
Also, WOW those are tremendous bulls pictured! And no, I have no idea where..
Posted By: Ghostwalker Re: Big bull - 10/20/19
Nice elk, regardless of what it scores.
Posted By: Ghostwalker Re: Big bull - 10/20/19

I'm not a tech genius but I would say you killed it in the woods....chuckle....is that close enough?

I do know there is some truth to the fact that some cell phone pics can be tracked but really guys...
© 24hourcampfire