Home
Posted By: Pappy348 PA Elk cam back up - 09/06/19
The Pennsyvania Elk cam is up and running. Here:

https://hdontap.com/index.php/video/stream/pa-game-commission-elk-cam

Been checking out the TN version for a week or so with only one sighting of a tiny, indistict tan blob in the distance. The PA setup is much better.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/06/19
Two whitetail bucks on right now.
Posted By: Pugs Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/06/19
It really is a nice setup. Just a brown blob at the edge right now.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/08/19
Only seen deer and turkeys so far. The pivoting camera seems to get stuck in one position from time to time. I do like that it features pretty good sound.
Posted By: StrayHorse Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/08/19
We had a house there in the 70's. It was nice there.
Posted By: rong Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/08/19
I've popped on a few times,so far only seen WT.
It's early yet,
Posted By: Blackheart Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/08/19
There's an elk out there right now. Too far away to tell for sure but looks like a cow.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/08/19
Raghorn bull on far left acroos the road. Six turkeys on other end of camera swing.
Posted By: Muffin Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/08/19
Elk, Wt, Turkey
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/08/19
NICE bull!!!!
Posted By: rong Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/08/19
Hear one bugling,a couple cows/calves out with a bunch of WT
couple of bucks

Now the bull is there
Posted By: scoony Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/08/19
Nice bull on it now with a few whitetail bucks. One nice mature buck
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/09/19
6x7 on now!!!
Posted By: Hungry Horse Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/09/19
Pappy 6: 31 PM 9/9/19 Big bull elk 6x7 on now chewing his cud . All of a sudden my screen had a prompt, said Locked with circling white dots on elk heads Whats up with that ? Had to exit out by shutting down computer , could not use ESC key, or refresh key. Is there a time limit on the screen use for users ? Was using Goggle chrome. Any thoughts ? HH
Posted By: rong Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/09/19
cameras locked in one spot ,can hear him close by

there he is.
Posted By: rong Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/09/19
What a stud
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/09/19
You can back up the vireo.
Nice bull @ 1:35
Posted By: Muffin Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/10/19
Nice bull, bedded down, closeup..
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/10/19
Another great bull just trotted down the lane.......bugles!!
Posted By: ro1459 Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/10/19
That may have been the largest Bull I have ever seen. Massive.
Posted By: Muffin Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/10/19
Would he be a 9x9
Posted By: Hungry Horse Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/11/19
10:55 pm 9/10/19 Several deer in the field and a lone elk, can hear a bull bugle in the distance. Come Sept 20 and later you will see more activity based on my sightings in the past up there. Sometimes in the early afternoon on a light rain day... I have seen a larger herd pass through with the herd bull following .

9/11 Tomorrow... " Never forget " ! VP Pence will be at Shanksville,Pa where flight 93 went down. Remember the heroes on flight 93.
Posted By: Hungry Horse Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/11/19
11:51pm 9/10/19 6x6 bull elk on the camera the last few minutes, reach out and touch him it seems from the camera angle . HH
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/11/19
Originally Posted by Hungry Horse
Pappy 6: 31 PM 9/9/19 Big bull elk 6x7 on now chewing his cud . All of a sudden my screen had a prompt, said Locked with circling white dots on elk heads Whats up with that ? Had to exit out by shutting down computer , could not use ESC key, or refresh key. Is there a time limit on the screen use for users ? Was using Goggle chrome. Any thoughts ? HH

Haven't seen that one yet.
Posted By: Spartacus Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/11/19
Looks like it's storming (rain) right now.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/11/19
10:55 pm 9/10/19 Several deer in the field and a lone elk, can hear a bull bugle in the distance. Come Sept 20 and later you will see more activity based on my sightings in the past up there. Sometimes in the early afternoon on a light rain day... I have seen a larger herd pass through with the herd bull following .

9/11 Tomorrow... " Never forget " ! VP Pence will be at Shanksville,Pa where flight 93 went down. Remember the heroes on flight 93.

There were about 11 out this evening, including two smallish bulls and a spike. One bull kept herding the cows around and harassing a couple. Later the two biggest bulls sparred around a bit. I was expecting the big boy from yesterday to show and whip their butts, but didn't see him.
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/12/19
Nice little 6 pt and 4 cows laying right in front of the camera right now. I watched last night and heard bugling and a bull raking a tree pretty good but the camera was stuck and the bull was not on screen. Sounded mean though.
Posted By: Hungry Horse Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/12/19
1:06AM 9-11-19 Big bull trotted across the road and into the closer field. 7 deer lying in the closer field with cow elk wandering around them. One deer was a 3 up buck . Fog kept rolling in. Some turkeys pecking away this morning in the AM . Always an interesting day on the elk cam *** Sat Sept 12... 5 lucky archers will have a chance at these bulls, well not the ones we see in this field, but they will drift away from here once the rut is over, and will be fair game in other units. HH
Posted By: Hungry Horse Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/12/19
5:58PM 9/12/19 One nice bull looking over the cows, several there... but not looking interested. One nice buck and several does feeding The big bull has been bugling his challenges ! Beautiful evening to enjoy the show ! HH
Posted By: peeshooter Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/12/19
Last night at 1030PM ET there were 7 cows and a 6x6 bedded in the field during pouring rain and lightening storm. Pretty cool.
Posted By: peeshooter Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/12/19
Bull on cam now!
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/13/19
Just after 7, a 6x6 showed and ran off a couple of raghorns and a spike. The sole cow still wouldn't hold still, but I think she's weakening.

If the 6x7 ever shows when this guy's around, we may see some fun.

Also, finally saw a couole cows on the TN cam, one with a collar. Heard a bull, but he must've been right next to the camera because he can't be seen. At 7:47, thise cows have lain down in the field, pretty far off.
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/15/19
Nice bull laying in the meadow bugling about every minute and a half. It’ll blow your speakers out!!

Around 5:30 today it was NUTS.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/15/19
Jackpot!

Elk on camera in PA, VA, and TN.

Big boy making a fuss in PA.
Posted By: JMUPT Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/16/19
7X8 out in the field now, great bull.
Posted By: Muffin Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/16/19
Originally Posted by JMUPT
7X8 out in the field now, great bull.

About 20 minutes ago he ran off all the spikes, then checked all the gals for 'reception'.................
Posted By: Hungry Horse Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/17/19
8:32 PM 9/16/19 A great night for viewing the Pa elk. The 8x7 is showing you how elk interact... not only with other subordinate bulls and chasing them off, but with the cows and trying to stimulate them. Enjoy. This is the largest Pa bull I have seen in these fields, but Pa hunters have harvested bigger bulls with more mass and scores of 419 and 429 I believe , I know 419. Wonder how the bowhunters have done Sat and Mon ? HH
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/17/19
Wonder how the bowhunters have done Sat and Mon ? HH

You don't have to wonder anymore............

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../14118998/pa-bugle-elk-hunt#Post14118998
Posted By: Hungry Horse Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/17/19
Lawdwaz: Thank you, I saw your post of your buddies success after I asked. Absolutely a great bow killed elk ! Congratulations to him ! The mass and racks of the Pa elk are truly impressive. I have 5 pref points I believe. HH
Posted By: Gansettx Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/18/19
They are SCREAMING right now...Epic!
Posted By: battue Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/18/19
2017 Pa Elk cam highlights....

Posted By: battue Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/19/19
Nice Bull on right now.
Posted By: Hungry Horse Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/19/19
7:22 pm 9/19 Two bigger bulls on the field, One is the big 8x7 bull ! Very vocal now, checking out the cows. None seem receptive now. I was surprised the 8x7 did not run off the smaller bull, maybe a 5x5, but the smaller bull kept his distance. HH

Posted By: Hungry Horse Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/23/19
9/23/19 Anyone else having a hard time connecting to the web cam the last few days ? I get on but not having much success in getting the screen to proceed, the white circle, just keeps circling around on my screen, buffering I believe they call it. HH
Posted By: rong Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/23/19
Yep,been about 3-4 days ,when I do connect and the site opens it's only for a few seconds and I get an error message.
I have email them 2x to see if it was my OS or something ,but have not even got a reply.
Sux to because it's getting hot,have been alot of action by the comments.
Posted By: rong Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/23/19
It's up now,and there was a comment about an issue that they resolved.
Just no elk right now.Not even a gopher,looks like a little rain also.
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/24/19
Whew....that my system was the problem
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/24/19
Originally Posted by rong
It's up now,and there was a comment about an issue that they resolved.
Just no elk right now.Not even a gopher,looks like a little rain also.

Thought it was my outdated iPad. TN and VA have cameras too, in case anyone missed them. Not as much action as PA, but worth checking. I've seen deer and turkeys on the TN camera, in addition to elk.

PA will shut down soon, so enjoy.
Posted By: Hungry Horse Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/24/19
rong: Thank you for the reply on the web cam issue. These days now... mid Sept and on are the best days for bull action. I was able to get on today 9/24/19.. at 12:25pm noon time, there are turkey's heads popping up as they feed around the base of a big tree on the web cam. HH
Posted By: Hungry Horse Re: PA Elk cam back up - 09/27/19
9/26/19 9:45pm Seems a slow night on elk cam but I was not on earlier. Going to be cool in Pa tonight, might stir them up. HH
© 24hourcampfire