Home
Posted By: Tracks Number one Grandsons first Bull - 09/28/19
Reported to me today, Montana 6X6 archery, responding to a bugle.
Front chest shot.
Range five feet.
Supposed to be a video.
I need to see that one
Awesome!
Originally Posted by Tracks

Range five feet.
Supposed to be a video.
I need to see that one

I believe we'd ALL like to see that one!

good on him and you both. smile
Let's get the footage uploaded!
A big congratulations to your grandson ! Looking forward to video evidence, verifying the kill! wink memtb
That must have been exciting at 5 feet. Looking forward to the video.
Grandson lives in Bozeman, no idea when I will see the video. Maybe I can get it from his Dad.
I thought 37 yards with a ML was pretty close! That has to be an amazing feeling watching a 6X6 walk in that close. Tell the GS great job!
Grandson is a good kid, but I have some doubts about the five feet, I'd rather believe five yards.
I used to hunt rifle hunt with a some times bow hunter that claimed to have slapped a cow on the ass, so maybe, but I didn't see that one either.
IF (big fricking IF) the kid did it, he's the family champ. I once walked up a Bull that I guess was asleep in heavy cover without seeing him before he came out like a damned Abrams tank at maybe ten yards, damn near dropped my rifle.
Tracks -

You obviously did a lot right raising your kids and they are passing it on. Congrats.

5 feet? Wow!

I've had deer get closer but have never taken a shot at that range.
Grandson is a good kid, but I have some doubts about the five feet, I'd rather believe five yards.
I used to hunt rifle hunt with a some times bow hunter that claimed to have slapped a cow on the ass, so maybe, but I didn't see that one either.
IF (big fricking IF) the kid did it, he's the family champ. I once walked up a Bull that I guess was asleep in heavy cover without seeing him before he came out like a damned Abrams tank at maybe ten yards, damn near dropped my rifle.

Doesn't matter, any elk with a bow is an accomplishment in my book.
Congrats! Hope to see the video soon.
Originally Posted by SPDSpappy
Congrats! Hope to see the video soon.

I saw it on my son's phone today, trying to get someone to send it to me. I was right about the five feet thing, closer to 5 yards.
Best was the second part of the video when he was trying too locate the bull, looked to his right and it was dead right beside him
Originally Posted by taylorce1

Doesn't matter, any elk with a bow is an accomplishment in my book.

+1. Five feet, five yards, doesn't really matter. Five yards probably seemed like five feet I'd have probably said the same thing!!
Congrats to your grandson.
Everything gets pretty dicey at those ranges. Elk are just super tuned when you're in their private space. I once missed a herd bull at 8' and let me tell you he was relaxed and feeding until I swung and drew that bow back then it was wild eyes, swinging head and [bleep] and gettin!
© 24hourcampfire