Home
Posted By: kingston Bull Down! Beaver connects! - 11/10/19
This morning.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

They’re busy packing it out. I’m on the East Coast running the communications dept. 😬. I’m told two trips each for the four of them. He’s a big bastid!

Three days left to fill three more tags. Beave will probably surface mid week. 😃😄😁😄😃
Posted By: 44mc Re: Bull Down! Beaver connects! - 11/10/19
the coyotes dunn got all the meat . a dog wont chew on them ribs grin good deal bev
Nice job Mark - thats a good bull. Looks like the weather behaved for you - not the usual rain we have during the coast season:) Hoping to get a report from my brother in law who is down in your neck of the woods hunting.
Anyway, congrats!!
T shirt weather. Nice job.
Nice! Body looks like a hoss. That a Roosevelt?
Yessir
I covet the Roosevelt elk
Posted By: rosco1 Re: Bull Down! Beaver connects! - 11/10/19
Congrats to him. Beav really knows how to bone an elk.
Posted By: Judman Re: Bull Down! Beaver connects! - 11/10/19
Originally Posted by huntinaz
I covet the Roosevelt elk

They’re cool for sure, live in a shiithole!! 😂😂
Looks like a big one!
Posted By: skeen Re: Bull Down! Beaver connects! - 11/10/19
Nice, congrats to Beaver!
Posted By: 338rcm Re: Bull Down! Beaver connects! - 11/10/19
Congrats!
Posted By: battue Re: Bull Down! Beaver connects! - 11/10/19
I figured this would happen. Congrats!!!!
Congratulations to Beaver! Nice!
Posted By: Brad Re: Bull Down! Beaver connects! - 11/10/19
Right on.
Originally Posted by rosco1
Congrats to him. Beav really knows how to bone an elk.

Just wait 'til you see his sheep hunting pics.

Congrats Beav, that thing looks huuuuuge.
Posted By: Calvin Re: Bull Down! Beaver connects! - 11/10/19
Congrats. What a tank of an elk.
He’s a beauty. Congrats to the mighty Beav!
Excellent!

smile
Posted By: SLM Re: Bull Down! Beaver connects! - 11/10/19
Very nice.

Congrats.
Posted By: 79S Re: Bull Down! Beaver connects! - 11/10/19
Nice bull! Congrats
Congrats on a nice'en, enjoy!
Posted By: AKduck Re: Bull Down! Beaver connects! - 11/10/19
Biggun. Good work.
Congrats brother Beav..... damn you leave no scraps behind.... way to go on the bone out... wink
Posted By: memtb Re: Bull Down! Beaver connects! - 11/10/19
A darn nice, big bodied elk......Congratulations! Looks like a lot of work to get him out! memtb
Posted By: Jamie Re: Bull Down! Beaver connects! - 11/11/19
Congrats, nice bull
That's fantastic. Thanks for posting the pic kingston.
We’re still working on making a bull or two happen with 2 days left of a 4 day season...Today we were fogged in hard until 10:30AM. Finally caught sight of a small bull at 4;30PM, but to far to chase tonight with daylight closing us down.

Up at 2:45AM to get after it in the morning....Thank you for all the “congrats” given. These are hard hunts, but making lasting memories is why I do it. And, I love shooting and eating Roosevelt’s. 😎

More to come....
More new from the Wilson Unit.

They made it out in one trip. They said fugkit and carried two bags each and took turns with the antlers for the five mile trip. The first mile and change was up and out of the clearcut, the balance was down a gravel logging road. In the wide landscape photo, the terrain can appear pretty tame. It's not. The last picture puts some scale on the size of the stumps. These cuts are an absolute mess of rot resistant woody debris, briar covered shear slides and the occasional handrail of new growth. The bull died on pretty good slope and had to be anchored so he didn't slough about whilst being butchered. This bull was shot on the same ridge that I shot mine on last year.

After the shot at first light, the cut came alive with elk retreating to the timber. Today was quiet. Two days left in this short OTC tag Costal Roosevelt season. They're off to bed for a 3am wakeup call.

A few more.

Tough ground.
When I used to archery hunt the late cow hunt in the Wilson unit it was called The Penalty Hunt for blackheaded bitches! Especially once you ran a Zwikey or a Bear broadhead through one down in the bottom of one of those canyons. Ropes were brought into play on more than one occasion. Both my son's took their first elk there on the Wilson Unit Youth hunt. The youngest's cow took us two days to get out and that was boning the whole thing. I wish I still had the hunting partners to hunt those canyons one more time.
Good deal. When one shakes the trees off that country, it turns into one rough SOB. Does that Digitalis image speak to the efforts ones heart must expend to get around there?
Posted By: GregW Re: Bull Down! Beaver connects! - 11/11/19
Very nice Beav! Those bulls have giant bodies....
Great pics. Looks like a full time job packing those things out. Congrats guys
Originally Posted by Beaver10
We’re still working on making a bull or two happen with 2 days left of a 4 day season...Today we were fogged in hard until 10:30AM. Finally caught sight of a small bull at 4;30PM, but to far to chase tonight with daylight closing us down.

Up at 2:45AM to get after it in the morning....Thank you for all the “congrats” given. These are hard hunts, but making lasting memories is why I do it. And, I love shooting and eating Roosevelt’s. 😎

More to come....

Well done Beave !!

You're having a blessed season !
Thanks for the comms Kinger !
CONGRATS Beave....

real nice bull....where was it taken? the terrain, I assume up your way and over toward the coast...

cheers, seafire

addendum.... missed first time thru, it was the Wilson Unit...

yeah tough and wet up that way.... but hey, this ain't Kansas anymore Toto...

the background in the pics, is why I live here and put up with Potlandia democRATS....
Great job! Thanks for the great pics.
That's a good one for sure.
Very nice Job Mark!! Looks like you having a great time.
Originally Posted by lone wolf
Very nice Job Mark!! Looks like you having a great time.

Tom, it was a good hunt!
Weather humped us a smidge for a couple days with high sun and mid 60’s temps. We sweated our asses off putting down the foot miles checking cuts...This morning was 10 degrees cooler with some rain/cloud cover...I picked up a decent herd at 9:30AM today 3/4 mile away heading into a high ridge lined with timber.

My pard took off after them to get within his range. He caught them, but was too gassed to hold steady on a nice bull before it walked into the timber...Several cows went through his scope, then a small, trailing spike that he gave a pass on...

The crew was pissed he didn’t dump the spike. A bunch of meat eaters on the last day of a 4 day hunt with only one bull freezer bound makes guys cranky. Grins 😎
I’m late to the party. That’s one hell of a good bull. Congrats my friend. Tell Jason and mike hello and hope to see them soon.
Will do...They both asked if you were coming down...I said you had a lot of tags to fill in short order.

By the way Freddy, Awesome job filling 7 outta 10 elk tags. No small feat in your territory and enjoying the same beautiful weather we had. FIST 🤜🏼 😎
Originally Posted by 44mc
the coyotes dunn got all the meat . a dog wont chew on them ribs grin good deal bev

No coyotes. We took our knife and forks and ate it where it laid...😬😎
Congratulations on a fine bull there Beav!
Those Roosevelts are some blocky somguns
Originally Posted by GregW
Very nice Beav! Those bulls have giant bodies....

Come and get one...We’ll find you something worth laying over bud. 😎
Originally Posted by m_stevenson

Thanks...They’re horns can run thin at times, but not their ass! 😎
Will do...They both asked if you were coming down...I said you had a lot of tags to fill in short order.

By the way Freddy, Awesome job filling 7 outta 10 elk tags. No small feat in your territory and enjoying the same beautiful weather we had. FIST 🤜🏼 😎

Thanks we hunted our asses off and good glass was key.
Joe is killing everything in Wyoming whit my gap. Cougar last week and a good one to boot.
The 12 critter goal was meet with elk tags left to fill.
Headed east in a few days and I absolutely love watching the wife kill [bleep].

Any of those cow tags make it your way let me know I got some Friday’s and a great babysitter.
Guess the half a beef purchased was over kill as two elk two antelope and two deer filled the freezers.
PS
I love the eyegaurds on that bull like Gnarly little shanks.
Posted By: Scotty Re: Bull Down! Beaver connects! - 11/13/19
Congratulations

They’re horns can run thin at times, but not their ass! 😎

Sounds like the perfect woman.
Congrats Beaver10!
Nice work Mark that is a dandy Rosie.
Originally Posted by m_stevenson

Thanks...They’re horns can run thin at times, but not their ass! 😎

We were staying at a campground on I forget river somewhere around Gold Beach, OR and had a cow elk come leaping downhill onto the dirt road and drop off near near vertical downhill in one bound about 10 ft. in front of the van.
She was enormous! Body was least as big as the 5x5 bull I took in New Mexico.
We enjoyed our travels around your part of the country. My childhood friend has a place up top of the first ridge from the beach near Brookings. Just down the road from PacNor. Hopefully we’ll be out to visit them soon.
Nice Bull congratulations
Posted By: efw Re: Bull Down! Beaver connects! - 11/17/19
Dang man excellent work that’s fantastic! Congrats!!
Holy schitt!!!!
Congrats!!!

Missed this thread entirely.
I was out hunting whitetails.
You guys are out hunting T- Rex,s!!!!!

Congrats Beav and to all the other guys too!!!!
© 24hourcampfire